Other Games 22/23

42 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Eric Morecambe also wasn’t from Luton and never lived there.

Well I never. Just looked it up and he was from Morcambe! The mad bastard. 

• Haha 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

There's a statue of him on the sea front

As a complete random/nothing aside. Went on a lads holiday to Guernsey in 1976 (12p a pint in the club) another group on the campsite included Eric Morecambe’s son, his mates reckoned Eric was permanently exactly the same as he was on the TV and madcap all the time.  

17 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

As a complete random/nothing aside. Went on a lads holiday to Guernsey in 1976 (12p a pint in the club) another group on the campsite included Eric Morecambe’s son, his mates reckoned Eric was permanently exactly the same as he was on the TV and madcap all the time.  

When he met his wife to be the first thing he said to her was “do you like time wasters?” She said no so he asked her to marry him.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

I hope they lose - I fucking despise them. 

Fair enough. I used to play for them as a kid when Ron Atkinson was the manager. We played youth team games when the first team was training and he would play at training in 50’s style long shorts with all his gold on and then come watch the kids with a fur coat on.

Really nice family club when I was there.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

West Ham v Fiorentina in the final of the Europa conference… that’s a fuckin great tie ☺️

Seville v Roma in yer actual Europa… an Italian side in all three European finals :good: 

And this… second Euro final in a row for Mourinho…

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, strawb said:

Fair enough. I used to play for them as a kid when Ron Atkinson was the manager. We played youth team games when the first team was training and he would play at training in 50’s style long shorts with all his gold on and then come watch the kids with a fur coat on.

Really nice family club when I was there.

Wednesday have done it.

Football is fucking incredible...

1 minute ago, ackas said:

Wednesday have done it.

Football is fucking incredible...

Winning 5-1 to draw 5-5 and win on pens is pretty special tbf 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

What a fucking carry on at Hillsborough btw. Mental :lol: 

Unbelievable result that for them. Peterborough had them dead and buried and they came back from the dead.

9 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

quite like both Newcastle and Brighton but don't want Liverpool in the Champions League so on that basis good luck tonight fella's

Congratulations on the CL Final BTW, you lot were unreal the other night. Hope you win it, then smash Man United in the FA Cup.

(.... And then Pep calls it a day :razz:...)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

There was a Man City fan on 606 saying they’d rather win the FA Cup this year because it’s Man Utd in the final. He was saying there’s never been an all Manchester FA Cup final and it could be decades before there’s another one. To be honest I think they’ll win the lot from here but if it was us I think a lot of us would reason along similar lines. 

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Alkmaar are cunts 

Odd Tweet that mind. Some Alkmaar fans jump into to smash West Ham fans. THen some players try and calm down the situation and its that thats highlighted.