Other Games 22/23

however it would be nice if villa, liverpool and brighton all started stuttering. it would be nice to go into the last few games of the season with nothing to play for. give elliot anderson and gordon some starts when the pressure is off

• Like 2

Are any of you actually Newcastle fans :lol: 

It’s never plain sailing and we have a history of cruel turns. It might just take Bruno’s dodgy ankle to go or Shar’s hamstring to go. Both might have happened since Sunday.

My nappies are staying well and truly on.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

It’s never plain sailing and we have a history of cruel turns. It might just take Bruno’s dodgy ankle to go or Shar’s hamstring to go. Both might have happened since Sunday.

If I had a documented history of thinking Mike Ashley was getting the hang of this football lark, I don't think I'd be so quick to criticise others for being optimistic. :lol:

• Haha 11

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

look at the form, the GD and the remaining fixtures. we can afford to lose or draw a couple of games. the teams around us all are going to take points from each other. win our next two and we would only need like two or three points from our final five games of the season to mathematically secure top 4. we haven't had a run of form that bad all season so why expect it to happen now? 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

look at the form, the GD and the remaining fixtures. we can afford to lose or draw a couple of games. the teams around us all are going to take points from each other. win our next two and we would only need like two or three points from our final five games of the season to mathematically secure top 4. we haven't had a run of form that bad all season so why expect it to happen now? 

Because Graeme Fenton is haunting my dreams. :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Nope, fake news. In fact I I did give credit to Villa rather than slagging us off, still see them as our biggest threat (although Gemiill makes some good points about games played and fixtures), but always maintained we would be fine if we beat spurs, which I expected we would. Now we have, it would take something catastrophic for us to miss out. Ani't happening. 

Villa are about 8th favourites for top 4 iirc. Like I said earlier you can get 50/1 for them. I know the bookies get things wrong and odds can change and factors like the amount of money bet etc come into it. Even so that shows the virtually impossible task they have. I think as fans (especially NUFC fans) there is a natural tendency to go all ‘worst case scenario’ then assume it’ll probably happen. I think the bookies odds and the stats based on probability of different scenarios give a much more realistic view though 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

it was schmeichel for me. that performance to deny us at sjp, when we battered them first half before cantona goes and gets one to win it for them - completely undeserved 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not really equivalent situation though is it. We'd already really lost the momentum by then. I always keep saying, it wasn't the Blackburn result, not the Liverpool one. It was those cunts Schmiechel and Cantona that did us in. 

I also take objection to this myth we threw away a 12 point lead as well. At the time ManU had 2 games in hand iirc, so 6 points, with 5 months left to go. Then those fuckers just went on a collosal winning spree. We didn't capitulate, they were just ultimately more efficient over the whole season. Cunts, but you have to hand it to Ferguson. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not really equivalent situation though is it. We'd already really lost the momentum by then. I always keep saying, it wasn't the Blackburn result, not the Liverpool one. It was those cunts Schmiechel and Cantona that did us in. 

I also take objection to this myth we threw away a 12 point lead as well. At the time ManU had 2 games in hand iirc, so 6 points, with 5 months left to go. Then those fuckers just went on a collosal winning spree. We didn't capitulate, they were just ultimately more efficient over the whole season. Cunts, but you have to hand it to Ferguson. 

All true. And Arsenal did the same to Man Utd the following season for Wengers first title when he reeled Fergie in from 13 points out :good: 

I think we’ll get top four and but am interested in this run that Villa are on and how it differs to ours according to the spreadsheet dudes. Apparently it’s a different sort of run. It’s as if a coach hasn’t gone in there and improved every single player he inherited, sorted the tactics out and improved results hugely. I mean, that’s not happened at any other club in the last couple of seasons had it?… :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Renton said:

no. he was, is and always will be to the moment he departs this mortal coil, a whisky drenched, purple nosed, scottish thundercunt.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

no. he was, is and always will be to the moment he departs this mortal coil, a whisky drenched, purple nosed, scottish thundercunt.

Greatest British manager of all time imo, and I'm including Clough in that because of his longevity and achievements at Aberdeen. He was absolutely fiercely partisan to Manchester United which is why you probably hate him. I would have loved him here doing the same for us, who wouldn't? 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Greatest British manager of all time imo, and I'm including Clough in that because of his longevity and achievements at Aberdeen. He was absolutely fiercely partisan to Manchester United which is why you probably hate him. I would have loved him here doing the same for us, who wouldn't? 

he did ok I suppose aye.

still doesn't alter the fact he's a whopping cunt though. I reserve the right to hold this opinion for ever more!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Also we've been quite multi-dimensional* whilst building our impressive record and goal difference, so whilst injuries and suspension have certainly had an impact I feel that even if we were unlucky enough to lose a few key players with the matches we have left we'd be ok.

* - in that we have a variety of goal scorers and type of goals scored

Tell you what, let's just fuck Everton shall we? They're dogshit, we're mint, and we have the divine sword of righteousness in our hands. Added bonus of delivering the scouse mackem to the level of the actual mackems. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, OTF said:

Also we've been quite multi-dimensional* whilst building our impressive record and goal difference, so whilst injuries and suspension have certainly had an impact I feel that even if we were unlucky enough to lose a few key players with the matches we have left we'd be ok.

* - in that we have a variety of goal scorers and type of goals scored

Wilson and Isak have both missed several games, so has ASM.  CW & AI are hitting 0.7 and 0.93 goals per 90 minutes. If they'd been fully fit throughout, who the fuck knows where we'd be right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Wilson and Isak have both missed several games, so has ASM.  CW & AI are hitting 0.7 and 0.93 goals per 90 minutes. If they'd been fully fit throughout, who the fuck knows where we'd be right now.

top of the league, is my guess. 

we'd be two points behind arsenal if VAR hadn't robbed us in several games 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Right, time for you to get to fuck. On you go.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well Mr Contrary Tree, can I just say after your insanely bad prediction for Sunday, if you're nappies are still on then I am proudly going commando tomorrow.   

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well Mr Contrary Tree, can I just say after your insanely bad prediction for Sunday, if you're nappies are still on then I am proudly going commando tomorrow.   

The Simpsons Kilt GIF

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

With your sitting room protected like Fists "games room".

image.png.334e40e621041b5c62c09a40dec67f9f.png

• Haha 2