Other Games 22/23

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Hearts trounced Hibs 0-3 at Easter Road in the cup, Kuol an unused sub. Hearts coach Robbie Neilson may well end up in the championship soon if he wants too, they’re the third best team in Scotland by miles, Alex Neil didn’t even have to do that to get the Norwich job. @Toonpack remains TT’s resident jambo twat :cuppa:

Happy Jambo twat, thankee kindly sir

3-2  Arsenal. So I guess we'll be staying third for a while over the FA cup 4th round period. Need to give the cup 100% attention in the mean time. Only Man City can catch Arsenal now.

Edited by Renton

2 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Hell of a game that mind! Arsenal deserved the win, really turned the screw the last 20 minutes.

Which again shows how we did to hold them there.  I've honestly forgotten what it feels like to concede a goal! :lol:

Man City and Arsenal can win every game for the rest of the season for me. We were never realistically going to win the league, but the more points they take off teams below us the better.

Bit of a pisser that Man Utd have figured out how to play as a team again just before we (hopefully) face them in a cup final 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Looking for Wood to score a hat trick just to prove who is the best giant between him and Weghorst 

Only for the fact he’s cup tied that would have been a nailed on certainty.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Hell of a game that mind! Arsenal deserved the win, really turned the screw the last 20 minutes.

Aye it was a good watch. Arteta is an absolute headcase though. His antics were almost as entertaining as the game and could only have been more entertaining if they'd lost. 

I suppose you have to reuctantly tip your hat a bit to arteta, the transformation in the 8 months since we battered them a sjp and them bottling qualifying for the champions league last season is quire impressive really. I'd also say that the atmosphere at the emirates earlier this month was a million miles better than anything I ever witnessed at highbury in many visits there.

still think there's a reasonable chance they'll blow it mind, but barring a miracle where we catch them up, I'd think I probably prefer them to win the title than man city again.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

I suppose you have to reuctantly tip your hat a bit to arteta, the transformation in the 8 months since we battered them a sjp and them bottling qualifying for the champions league last season is quire impressive really. I'd also say that the atmosphere at the emirates earlier this month was a million miles better than anything I ever witnessed at highbury in many visits there.

still think there's a reasonable chance they'll blow it mind, but barring a miracle where we catch them up, I'd think I probably prefer them to win the title than man city again.

I think collectively we look at that game back in May in splendid isolation and draw the conclusion that Arsenal were shite back then. We absolutely did batter them but they were not playing to their form book. IIRC they'd played and been battered by Spurs about 4 days prior and they were still suffering the hangover when they played us. Not taking anything away from us that evening, but Arsenal were definitely out of form.