2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️

wykikitoon

19 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Nah, they left because they didn't have jobs and were basically just two minority shareholders getting in the way of the people that had been appointed. 

They'll have been picking a decent wage up for their work, and you can't keep paying them once you've actually employed the people to do those roles. 

Also, they could dissent all they liked, but their 10% would have got them nowhere. 

Also, someone has to foot the bill for this new stadium and not a chance they could afford to stump up anywhere near the portion they’d need to. All makes sense now.

Also, Forest away is a shit draw but we’ll win that. Early enough in the season where we should be able to rotate and still put out a strong side. Not sure Forest can say that

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Also, someone has to foot the bill for this new stadium and not a chance they could afford to stump up anywhere near the portion they’d need to. All makes sense now.

Also, Forest away is a shit draw but we’ll win that. Early enough in the season where we should be able to rotate and still put out a strong side. Not sure Forest can say that

First time in a long while we've been able to say that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Lewis getting another chance then?

Mark Gillespie has a shirt number. No way is he getting a chance. 

A lad I spoke to yesterday reckons the stadium move is to Leazes Park. I mean he works for the club but he has a part time role as a scout so I’m not sure how reliable the info is. He’s not a bullshitter and said it’s the rumours he’s heard going around the place, as opposed to having heard anything directly from someone who would actually know 

• Like 3

Just now, Alex said:

A lad I spoke to yesterday reckons the stadium move is to Leazes Park. I mean he works for the club but he has a part time role as a scout so I’m not sure how reliable the info is. He’s not a bullshitter and said it’s the rumours he’s heard going around the place, as opposed to having heard anything directly from someone who would actually know 

Makes sense to me, minimise disruption and retain the city centre feel.  I know the romantic in many of us would prefer to stay where it is, but I think we'd be left too far behind and making many compromises.  I just hope they take acoustics in to account and need it improved over the current design. 

• Like 6

Latest from over two hours of sky sports soccer Saturday, Newcastle United don't exist. Aren't tipped for the top 4, aren't tipped to be a surprise package and aren't tipped to be either relegated or be a underachiever. Back to the studio. :good:

*That'll teach me for watching it. :lol:

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Latest from over two hours of sky sports soccer Saturday, Newcastle United don't exist. Aren't tipped for the top 4, aren't tipped to be a surprise package and aren't tipped to be either relegated or be a underachiever. Back to the studio. :good:

*That'll teach me for watching it. :lol:

Tbf we then went on to struggle against billy butcher and the boys before Schar’s brain injuries got the better of him and we had to dug out the shit by their goalie and the fact their players are shit in front of goal.

On the basis of today they are probably right :lol:

On 16/08/2024 at 13:28, Alex said:

Good. The current Leazes Park is a bit of a dive. Make a new park on the ground of St James.

I assume the Saudis will build some sort of futuristic birds nest looking thing and charge a fortune for season tickets. Personally, I'd rather they just built this...

IMG_2513.thumb.jpeg.168f48e832785d78dbf50bec5dfcb208.jpeg

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

On 16/08/2024 at 12:25, wykikitoon said:

No squad number for Harrison?

Given Hall, Burn, Kelly, Tino and Trippier can all play LB, I'd be trying to move Lewis on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

No squad number for Harrison?

Given Hall, Burn, Kelly, Tino and Trippier can all play LB, I'd be trying to move Lewis on

Think he may go on loan this season.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2024 at 12:25, wykikitoon said:

Ashby is a strange one. It means we have 4 recognised RBs in the squad (even though Krafth is more a CB these days). Could that along with zero minutes yesterday suggest Trips is offski?

57 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Ashby is a strange one. It means we have 4 recognised RBs in the squad (even though Krafth is more a CB these days). Could that along with zero minutes yesterday suggest Trips is offski?

Aye I think KD said something similar yesterday.