2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️

wykikitoon

They'll protect the reds and likely increase the PSR threshold to "cover" their loan/interest shortfall on PSR, which would be beneficial to us tbh, be interesting if they can brush any retrospective punishment under the carpet, given clubs without these huge loans (Forest) were previously punished.

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/oct/08/manchester-city-tribunal-premier-league-football

Decent summary of who won, in what area, and what it might mean. They make it sound like it's probably more bad news for clubs with shareholder loans than it is good news for the likes of us. 

Which I'd probably take to be fair. I have no idea how Everton either refinance their existing loans (impossible, no bank would go near them) or pass any future PSR assessments if shareholder loans are included. If they're charged 8 to 10% annually on £450m of loans, thats £36m to £45 p.a. £108m to £135m over a 3 year PSR window. 

So this could end up being the best news for anyone who's predicted Everton's demise. So if you know anyone, let them know. 

i genuinely feel sorry for everton. they've been screwed enough by the PL already while "bigger" clubs get to act with impunity 

• Like 2

I think regardless of the outcome it benefits us by either allowing us to boost commercial revenue or hampering league rivals. Everton will (or should) be fucking bricking it.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

i genuinely feel sorry for everton. they've been screwed enough by the PL already while "bigger" clubs get to act with impunity 

Will Smith Reaction GIF

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

We could have done with this information before we allowed you to start last Saturday's match thread. You've got to be a stone cold killer in this game, you can't go into these things feeling sorry for the opposition. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

giphy.webp

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/oct/08/manchester-city-tribunal-premier-league-football

Decent summary of who won, in what area, and what it might mean. They make it sound like it's probably more bad news for clubs with shareholder loans than it is good news for the likes of us. 

Which I'd probably take to be fair. I have no idea how Everton either refinance their existing loans (impossible, no bank would go near them) or pass any future PSR assessments if shareholder loans are included. If they're charged 8 to 10% annually on £450m of loans, thats £36m to £45 p.a. £108m to £135m over a 3 year PSR window. 

So this could end up being the best news for anyone who's predicted Everton's demise. So if you know anyone, let them know. 

I wonder how it will impact their takeover. 

Evil Laugh GIF

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We could have done with this information before we allowed you to start last Saturday's match thread. You've got to be a stone cold killer in this game, you can't go into these things feeling sorry for the opposition. 

:lol: my dad is an evertonian so i've always had a soft spot for them

their fans (particularly on social media) are some of the worst, and they seem to hate us with a passion, weirdly. they have taken the baton from villa in recent years as the fanbase you love to hate despite no obvious rivalry between the two clubs.

but they've been absolutely rinsed by the PL with these bullshit rules. i'd be fucking livid with all the point deductions if i were them while chelsea continue to spend, spend spend by selling their own hotel to related parties. and now everton look like they could get stiffed again because of this loans thing and it's business as usual for the "big" clubs - the system absolutely stinks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Assuming they would have to pay off the shareholder loans?

Well, I know that I would be cockahoop if my already extremely expensive outlay just got much, much more expensive. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Tgp I Will Destroy You GIF by The Good Place

• Haha 5

image.png.b45339d49757d6070048bc7dd23a637f.png

Simon Cliff, general counsel for Manchester City has written to the other 19 PL clubs and warned that the PL have misinterpreted the judgement. He states all APT rules void and applies retrospectively to October 2021.

Basically - any deal knocked by the PL under APT rules was done so unlawfully and can be enforced in law to claim compensation.

• Like 2

BBC now reporting likewise.

Does make you wonder if Man City taking this to trial has resulted in the PL being caught with their pants down and scrabbling to save face, being economical with the truth in the process. 

Possibly even an existential threat to the PL as we know it? 

It'll be interesting to see whatever film flam they decide to try (which by sheer coincidence will magically not impact one or two clubs even retrospectively) and whether it will just be another court case waiting to happen. 

14 minutes ago, Craig said:

BBC now reporting likewise.

Does make you wonder if Man City taking this to trial has resulted in the PL being caught with their pants down and scrabbling to save face, being economical with the truth in the process. 

Possibly even an existential threat to the PL as we know it? 

It’s has to be a threat to the governance but can’t see an issue for the league itself 

16 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

They are fucked aren't they? :lol:

They need to be. Instinct told me the carry on with our protracted takeover stunk to high heaven, but I wondered if it was because I was looking at it with black n white tinted specs on. 

This situation has only served to increase suspicion. The PL holds far too much power - both operationally and commerically and as Gemmill has said elsewhere, they are STILL self regulating. It's absolute horseshit! The longer this goes on, the more I believe a bias towards certain clubs could, and probably does exist. 

Fair play to Man City to be fair. Much like Prince Harry taking on the press for phone-tapping, it needs someone with pockets deep enough to fund the legal battle to root these cunts out.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

They need to be. Instinct told me the carry on with our protracted takeover stunk to high heaven, but I wondered if it was because I was look at it with black n white tinted specs on. 

This situation has only served to increase suspicion. The PL holds far too much power - both operationally and commerically and as Gemmill has said elsewhere, they are STILL self regulating. It's absolute horseshit! The longer this goes on, the more I believe a bias towards certain clubs could, and probably does exist. 

Fair play to Man City to be fair. Much like Prince Harry taking on the press for phone-tapping, it needs someone with pockets deep enough to fund the legal battle to root these cunts out.

i'm surprised our lawyers haven't got involved yet. if the PL think Man City have deep pockets, they should wait till they get a load of the saudi legal team 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm surprised our lawyers haven't got involved yet. if the PL think Man City have deep pockets, they should wait till they get a load of the saudi legal team 

I think they probably have, especially since we served as witness to Man City in the case.

But a slap coming from someone already benefiting from the majority of the rules carries way more weight than the upstart trying to eat at the table.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Craig said:

They need to be. Instinct told me the carry on with our protracted takeover stunk to high heaven, but I wondered if it was because I was looking at it with black n white tinted specs on. 

Aye weren't the league completely opposed to the government bringing in independent regulators as a result of the takeover? This does not help their case whatsoever.

Just now, Dazzler said:

Aye weren't the league completely opposed to the government bringing in independent regulators as a result of the takeover? This does not help their case whatsoever.

Of course they were. It's not in their (self) interest to be independently regulated. It's fucking shambolic this league is over 30 years old, has pretty much destroyed any balance to the footballing pyramid and has never been held to account by anyone but themselves. 

Didn't Starmer commit to independent regulation as part of the Labour manifesto? Needs to happen quickly.

11 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

who regulates the independent regulator though? wouldn't surprise me if it's more business as usual bullshit artists, cowering to the cartel of red clubs