2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20241007-150612.thumb.png.5c9f139432d058858ba38cdc10d03642.png

HALLO EVERTON! 

And the OMG HOW DO THEY DO IT boys, Brighton as well. That's how they fucking do it. 

if the loan system was okay until now, why didn’t PIF use it as a way to get money into the club?

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I think we'll see some quick sponsorship deals at premium (but fair) rates coming through in the next few weeks at the very least. Give Mitchell the Guehi money for January.

Surely we have £30m for him?

8 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I think we'll see some quick sponsorship deals at premium (but fair) rates coming through in the next few weeks at the very least. Give Mitchell the Guehi money for January.

After Saturday's performance I'd much prefer it was spent on Jonathan David :D

• Like 1

It's not going to mean we're free to do whatever the fuck we want, but it might free us up a little?

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

if the loan system was okay until now, why didn’t PIF use it as a way to get money into the club?

Loans themselves don't really help with PSR. But when you've got a bunch of loans on your balance sheet, having them at zero interest means you're skipping a pretty massive chunk of cost which would otherwise reduce your profits and put you closer to the PSR trouble zone. 

We don't have a cash problem, we have a profit problem. But we don't have debt, so giving us interest free debt wouldn't help. 

• Like 4

Everton are basically insolvent though. It demonstrates how stupid the rules are that they are getting small point deductions for "sustainability" issues on profit, whilst being allowed to loan money at zero interest on a monthly basis just to meet their operating costs.

But there's nothing in the rules about these loans which, if they were at arms length terms (which are what the PL are insisting we do with all sponsorship deals), would a) have buckled them because of the interest cost, and b) would eventually have dried up as it became increasingly apparent that they're in serious financial trouble. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Everton are basically insolvent though. It demonstrates how stupid the rules are that they are getting small point deductions for "sustainability" issues on profit, whilst being allowed to loan money at zero interest on a monthly basis just to meet their operating costs.

But there's nothing in the rules about these loans which, if they were at arms length terms (which are what the PL are insisting we do with all sponsorship deals), would a) have buckled them because of the interest cost, and b) would eventually have dried up as it became increasingly apparent that they're in serious financial trouble. 

This isn’t a dig, but that doesn’t answer Glooms question 

Why wouldn’t PiF lend itself money? Is it principle due to some potential problems in the future if we’d gone down that road or some other technical reason?…

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

This isn’t a dig, but that doesn’t answer Glooms question 

Why wouldn’t PiF lend itself money? Is it principle due to some potential problems in the future if we’d gone down that road or some other technical reason?…

I answered his question in my post before that one. 

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Cunts, absolute cunts. We all thought it, but it’s now proven beyond doubt.

Just a thought but do you reckon the fact the detail of who emailed the PL being redacted suggests the court believes there could be a follow up claim by NUFC for lost earnings? 

Xenophobic, anti-competition and talk of the 'Gulf region'. It's got Levy all over it for me. 

• Like 2

Basically.... 

If PIF loaned us £500m to spend on players, nothing about our PSR situation would be improved. Loans dont get offset against your PSR profits or anything. Getting the money at zero interest is nice, but if we spent that money on players, everything about those transactions would be the same as before. Same amortisation costs, same player wages, and same impact on PSR. 

Where the clubs with the interest free loans are benefiting is that there is an insistence that all of our sponsorship deals are at market value/on market terms. But their loans aren't. If they're already sailing close to the wind on PSR, then having those loans on normal commercial terms would kill them. Which is why it's ridiculous that they aren't a part of the rules. 

Even if the rules stated that you can have your interest free loans, but for the purposes of PSR, the PL will apply a notional market rate of interest to those loans and that figure will be used in your calculation. That would be a fair treatment. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Loans themselves don't really help with PSR. But when you've got a bunch of loans on your balance sheet, having them at zero interest means you're skipping a pretty massive chunk of cost which would otherwise reduce your profits and put you closer to the PSR trouble zone. 

We don't have a cash problem, we have a profit problem. But we don't have debt, so giving us interest free debt wouldn't help. 

thanks, i find all these rules frustrating as fuck to get my head around. i preferred football when you didn't need to be a "so-called" accountant

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

thanks, i find all these rules frustrating as fuck to get my head around. i preferred football when you didn't need to be a "so-called" accountant

It's shit man. It's why I just wanted us to spend all the cash on Guehi in the summer if that's who Howe wanted, cos I'm sick of worrying about stupid rules. 

11 hours ago, Dazzler said:

11 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Surely we have £30 for him?

FYP in light of recent events

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

We’ve all got our hopes up for nothing. The completely unbiased Tariq reckons it’s all been a waste of time.

:lol: Some of replies :lol: 

• Haha 2

now the dust has settled, is anybody any clearer to understanding what it all means? will the saudis finally be able to pour their oil dollars into the club? or do we have to wait for this emergency meeting to see if/how the PL will adjust the rules to prevent it happening? 

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

now the dust has settled, is anybody any clearer to understanding what it all means? will the saudis finally be able to pour their oil dollars into the club? or do we have to wait for this emergency meeting to see if/how the PL will adjust the rules to prevent it happening? 

Nobody knows. They're gonna have to have new rules and those rules are going to have to include shareholder loans as it's been deemed unlawful to exclude them. Or possibly more likely they'll now have to come up with some generally more lax rules to appease the big lads who have been getting through PSR unscathed because of their shareholder loans. 

Any ideas of quickly spinning up some insane sponsorship deals in the meantime are probably fantasy - they'll just go unapproved until the new rules are in place. 

We'll just have to wait and see. 

• Like 2

I'd be announcing eye watering sponsorship deals for everything by the end of the week.

I'd have the bread baking sports lawyer on standby, ready to stop all other work at the drop of a hat.

and I'd have steve wraith and Holly blades hanging around wharf road looking menacing.

see what master's makes of that.

• Haha 5

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/oct/08/manchester-city-tribunal-premier-league-football

Decent summary of who won, in what area, and what it might mean. They make it sound like it's probably more bad news for clubs with shareholder loans than it is good news for the likes of us. 

Which I'd probably take to be fair. I have no idea how Everton either refinance their existing loans (impossible, no bank would go near them) or pass any future PSR assessments if shareholder loans are included. If they're charged 8 to 10% annually on £450m of loans, thats £36m to £45 p.a. £108m to £135m over a 3 year PSR window. 

So this could end up being the best news for anyone who's predicted Everton's demise. So if you know anyone, let them know. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 4