2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️

wykikitoon

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I didn't take any of it as a dig at Howe tbh. It was Stavely who fronted the deals as far as I know. Read Douglas, it's a storm in a teacup IMO.

i guess we'll see. i'm not getting vibes that eddie sees it that way, but i hope it all blows over and mitchell proves himself a top DoF capable of working with the best british manager in the business 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

I didn't take any of it as a dig at Howe tbh. It was Stavely who fronted the deals as far as I know. Read Douglas, it's a storm in a teacup IMO.

You might well be right. But what Mitchell said would in my book entitle Howe to ask him “WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU MEAN BY THAT YA CUNT?!” . If you can’t see that you’ve probably been out of the workplace too long grandad :cuppa: 

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

He was answering questions, it wasn't a speech, did anyone even ask about the commercial team.

There is no way what he said could be considered as hanging Eddie out to dry IMO.

again, i don't think eddie sees it that way. if eddie had batted the questions away in his signature style i might be inclined to agree with you but it's pretty obvious he's got the hump 

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

He was answering questions, it wasn't a speech, did anyone even ask about the commercial team.

There is no way what he said could be considered as hanging Eddie out to dry IMO.

takeaway for mitchell: don't say a bunch of vague and provocative shit which could potentially piss off your new colleagues to the media without making sure everyone is on message first 👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Some workplace snowflakes itt. 

j-alexander-clutching-my-pearls.gif

"Oh my. The CEO said that whilst he was happy with this year's profits, we need to do better next year. I have NEVER been so offended in all my life."

I’d bet my left nut that you’ve left a job because of a knob-end Boss.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

"Oh my. The CEO said that whilst he was happy with this year's profits, we need to do better next year. I have NEVER been so offended in all my life."

I overpaid a supplier and my manager says to me he says: fuck sake, don't do that again you tit. Anyways, the tribunal is next Tuesday.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You might well be right. But what Mitchell said would in my book entitle Howe to ask him “WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU MEAN BY THAT YA CUNT?!” . If you can’t see that you’ve probably been out of the workplace too long grandad :cuppa: 

Well young'un I never took the hump in the workplace tbh and I worked with slippery/slopey shouldered yanks.

If you are professional and confident in your own ability (a'la Eddie), you just let whoever get on with it like an adult. You certainly don't get wound up about it UNTIL or unless they actually do something that makes your job more difficult and I see zero evidence Mitchell has done anything to make Eddie's job difficult. That said, just getting on with it and ignoring the noise is hard for Eddie when he's asked pointed questions every 5 minutes though.

When Stavely left Eddie was widely reported by the usual suspects as being hugely pissed off and vulnerable, they've simply rekindled the narrative from that.

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

takeaway for mitchell: don't say a bunch of vague and provocative shit which could potentially piss off your new colleagues to the media without making sure everyone is on message first 👍

It was frank and honest IMO, if he'd been vague he'd be getting even more slaughtered.

Teething problems, they'll work things out, NUFC are fucking mint again.

There'll be disagreements, bad windows, poor sales/incomings, whatever happens we're operating like a proper football club again and it's not just Ashley to Charnley to Pardew/McClaren/Bruce anymore. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

There'll be disagreements, bad windows, poor sales/incomings, whatever happens we're operating like a proper football club again and it's not just Ashley to Charnley to Pardew/McClaren/Bruce anymore. 

Can you change your username to 'Left Nut', please?

(Asking for Holden McGroin). :good:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Return of the Nut. Welcome back, hope you've been well this past however long it's been. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Mitchell isn’t the CEO though, is he? If Eales had uttered similar shite to the media perhaps Howe wouldn’t have reacted in the same way. My understanding is Howe reports to Eales/PIF, not to Mitchell. And that Mitchell is there to support and work together with Howe, to identify and secure targets together. No point the DoF signing players the manager doesn’t want, is there? 

But maybe I’m wrong and Howe does now report to Mitchell. I don’t know but that would explain the tension too - not exactly a charm offensive by the new boss is it, assuming Mitchell is Howe’s boss, particularly when you consider how Howe has outperformed in his role to date. 

If some incoherent new hire steamed into my office and slagged off my work in public, in a vague and incoherent way, we’d be having words. More than a strongly-worded email too. It’s no surprise Howe is fucked off.

Mitchell has got plenty of time to sort this shit out but he and Eales need to make sure everyone is on the same page next time before Mitchell goes flapping his gums again. Howe is the one with credit in the bank at this stage. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

It was frank and honest IMO, if he'd been vague he'd be getting even more slaughtered.

he was vague, which is why Howe took it personally and why the majority of supporters seem to be backing the manager rather than the new DoF

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he was vague, which is why Howe took it personally and why the majority of supporters seem to be backing the manager rather than the new DoF

If it comes to it, I support Eddie, but I think we have a mountain out of a molehill.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Mitchell isn’t the CEO though, is he? If Eales had uttered similar shite to the media perhaps Howe wouldn’t have reacted in the same way. My understanding is Howe reports to Eales/PIF, not to Mitchell. And that Mitchell is there to support and work together with Howe, to identify and secure targets together. No point the DoF signing players the manager doesn’t want, is there? 

But maybe I’m wrong and Howe does now report to Mitchell. I don’t know but that would explain the tension too - not exactly a charm offensive by the new boss is it, assuming Mitchell is Howe’s boss, particularly when you consider how Howe has outperformed in his role to date. 

If some incoherent new hire steamed into my office and slagged off my work in public, in a vague and incoherent way, we’d be having words. More than a strongly-worded email too. It’s no surprise Howe is fucked off.

Mitchell has got plenty of time to sort this shit out but he and Eales need to make sure everyone is on the same page next time before Mitchell goes flapping his gums again. Howe is the one with credit in the bank at this stage. 

:lol:

Is it any wonder you're having trouble with this when you think what I posted meant that I thought Mitchell was the CEO. 

For the LOVE OF CHRIST! 

- The previous management did a great job overall as far as individual signings are concerned
    - We just haven't been able to keep pace on outgoings or grow commercial revenue to match thus far
    - We know they had their hands tied in many respects and had to deal with Ashley's years of neglect
    - After 3 years, if you're selling your star young players last minute and offering your best players to direct rivals then something definitely is wrong ffs. We've all said as much.

- While there might be valid excuses for that we still need to learn and adapt in the twisted world of PSR. This is Mitchell's remit

While I agree maybe Mitchell could have handled this more finesse, my view on this has always been Howe needs to put his big boy pants on. He can't be personally offended by those comments, if that really is what's happened. 

And aye, Eales should be sitting everyone down and sorting it out the useless tit. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

- The previous management did a great job overall as far as individual signings are concerned
    - We just haven't been able to keep pace on outgoings or grow commercial revenue to match thus far
    - We know they had their hands tied in many respects and had to deal with Ashley's years of neglect
    - After 3 years, if you're selling your star young players last minute and offering your best players to direct rivals then something definitely is wrong ffs. We've all said as much.

- While there might be valid excuses for that we still need to learn and adapt in the twisted world of PSR. This is Mitchell's remit

While I agree maybe Mitchell could have handled this more finesse, my view on this has always been Howe needs to put his big boy pants on. He can't be personally offended by those comments, if that really is what's happened. 

And aye, Eales should be sitting everyone down and sorting it out the useless tit. 

I’m sure he has tried to sort it out.  He is probably waiting for Howe to have a bad run, so he has the easy way out and can sack him.

Pervy Prick.

• Haha 2

On the Eales bit, we have no idea what he has or hasn't done, but if two extremely senior and well paid, accomplished professionals haven't got the wherewithall to iron out any issues between themselves without the headmaster summoning them in, it's frankly pathetic.

• Like 1

Just now, Toonpack said:

On the Eales bit, we have no idea what he has or hasn't done, but if two extremely senior and well paid, accomplished professionals haven't got the wherewithall to iron out any issues between themselves without the headmaster summoning them in, it's frankly pathetic.

How long have you been retired for?

This literally happens in loads of work places. Human nature I’m afraid. 

33 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

How long have you been retired for?

This literally happens in loads of work places. Human nature I’m afraid. 

5 months, and no, sorry but, it doesn't happen loads at the level of senior/executive employees we're talking about here, senior folks sort shit out themselves that's part of what they are paid for.

If there's uncertainty about roles and responsibilities that would be laid out/clarified by the CEO and the subordinates would be expected to get on with it, they're supposedly professionals at the top of their professions for heavens sake.

Eddie said himself, when asked if he'd spoken to Mitchell, "no, that's not unusual, we have different jobs". That sounds like boundaries are understood to me.

Edited by Toonpack

TBH, Mitchell can take his High Performance management bullshit speak and shelf it for good as far as I’m concerned. Any time you see people in his position, or above, as with Eales, open their mouths for interviews to “explain” anything, it invariably ends badly. The press, especially, absolutely love it. Especially a press who are desperate to see us fail and think Howe going to England will precipitate that. Everybody shut the fuck up from now on and get on with course correcting the summers shitty window in January. 

• Haha 2