2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️

wykikitoon

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

So PSR is fixed for good and we can just go on splashing the cash and not having to worry about player sales then?

No, it's not is it. So that strategy isn't fit for purpose, correct? Which is what Mitchell was telling us all. 

Now all of you divs that don't understand this PLEASE FUCK OFF BECAUSE I'M NOT EXPLAINING IT AGAIN. 

Continue thinking that the new DoF was slagging off our current playing squad if you so please. I am DONE trying to guide you through this difficult phase in your lives. 

You've made a bigger thing of this than anyone and you're wrong but your pride defies you.

Mitchell spoke out of turn to deflect from the failings in the window, he could have done it with some validity by talking about the legacy of Ashley impacting sales. This could not have offended anyone currently at the club. Instead he called our transfer dealings under our new owners "not fit for purpose". There'a no hiding from that. As well as being wrong what he said was childish. Which club frequently buys players and then resells them for a profit in a year or two? We did with Minteh, but such sales are outliers, even at clubs who sell a lot of players.

Finally, Mitchell sanctioned splashing the cash for Guehi (£65m+) in this window, but ended up looking the fool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, OTF said:

You've made a bigger thing of this than anyone and you're wrong but your pride defies you.

Mitchell spoke out of turn to deflect from the failings in the window, he could have done it with some validity by talking about the legacy of Ashley impacting sales. This could not have offended anyone currently at the club. Instead he called our transfer dealings under our new owners "not fit for purpose". There'a no hiding from that. As well as being wrong what he said was childish. Which club frequently buys players and then resells them for a profit in a year or two? We did with Minteh, but such sales are outliers, even at clubs who sell a lot of players.

Finally, Mitchell sanctioned splashing the cash for Guehi (£65m+) in this window, but ended up looking the fool.

UNSUBSCRIBE

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: this is Gemill's version of: "Sorry. looks I might have got this one wrong, lads."

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Now all of you divs that don't understand this PLEASE FUCK OFF BECAUSE I'M NOT EXPLAINING IT AGAIN. 

Continue thinking that the new DoF was slagging off our current playing squad if you so please. I am DONE trying to guide you through this difficult phase in your lives. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol:

I'm well confused :lol: 

I am going to have to go back and read the Mitchell Interview, because I am on the same page as Gemmill.  

No need to be confused and no need to re-read anything. You're correct and the Vicki Pollard ehrmagerd crew are talking PURE SHITE. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

No need to be confused and no need to re-read anything. You're correct and the Vicki Pollard ehrmagerd crew are talking PURE SHITE. 

UNSUBSCRIBE :lol: 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I am going to have to go back and read the Mitchell Interview, because I am on the same page as Gemmill.  

Exactly what page is that? 

Gemmill is right, the policy needs changing. 

However, there’s no fuckin way that Mitchell should’ve put that point in the terms that he did in public to some of the biggest journalistic cunts in the uk (Craig Hope was apparently there too) If someone needs to talk on behalf of the club in future it should be Eales, not some mealy mouthed manc bruiser who may have a firm grasp of the absolute waste of fuckin time that is Xg but is about as subtle as Gemmill loitering near a taxi rank at 10pm on a city centre Saturday night with his Focus sat poised in an adjacent car park. 

If Gemmill can’t understand this, as usual he’s not as fuckin clever as he thinks he is. As posters may have noticed, I now no longer desire his recently rediscovered Smiths records :cuppa: 

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Gemmill is right, the policy needs changing. 

However, there’s no fuckin way that Mitchell should’ve put that point in the terms that he did in public to some of the biggest journalistic cunts in the uk (Craig Hope was apparently there too) If someone needs to talk on behalf of the club in future it should be Eales, not some mealy mouthed manc bruiser who may have a firm grasp of the absolute waste of fuckin time that is Xg but is about as subtle as Gemmill loitering near a taxi rank at 10pm on a city centre Saturday night with his Focus sat poised in an adjacent car park. 

If Gemmill can’t understand this, as usual he’s not as fuckin clever as he thinks he is. As posters may have noticed, I now no longer desire his recently rediscovered Smiths records :cuppa: 

UNSUBSCRIBE

Reason for unsubscribing: I don't even recall subscribing to hear the thoughts of this fucking MEGAWHOPPER. Apart from the first sentence, which is excellent, the rest of this is UNREADABLE SHITE. Now please remove me from your mailing list at once. 

6 hours ago, ewerk said:

See this is why you're a so called accountant and I work in business. You can't just look at the outgoings and say 'we're spending too much'. The person we should all be turning our attention to is Peter Silverstone, the man with what should be the easiest job in the world: commercial director for Newcastle United. Man City can reach down the back of the sofa and come up with a few commercial deals worth tens of millions yet he hasn't been able to replicate that even though our owner is literally the dictator of one of the world's wealthiest countries.

I think you underestimate the difficulty of the task at hand. Previously, clubs who had suddenly become cash rich could sign whatever deal they like with whomever they like, without giving a shit about appearing fair or not. Pre-FFP/PSR Newcastle would be sponsored by Aramco for £100m a season, or some such bollocks.

We're not in Europe, we're not going to immediately be challenging for titles or trophies (even if we were allowed to spend what we could afford). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i would say the opposite to what mitchell declared - it was fit for purpose. the recruitment of an ambitious and progressive young manager and some astute signings turbo-charged us to champions league qualification years ahead of schedule and facilitated even more exciting signings - few of which we paid over the odds for or whom have looked out of place. 

the words mitchell offered up, without any explanation to exactly what or who he was getting at, smacked of self-preservation and understandably provoked a response from howe and the ensuing, unnecessary drama.  yes, he is right to acknowledge that we are constrained by psr and might have to be more cautious if we fail again to pull in the champions league riches, but the way he put it was naive at best and if you're going to be more cynical it was provocative. 

It was so fit for purpose we had to scramble like fuck and lose 2 promising young players to avoid a PSR breach, aye, that is the epitome of fit for purpose.

Mitchell's comment was entirely accurate in the context of the modern rigged game IMO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Read Mark Douglas' report, most balanced of the lot.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

It was so fit for purpose we had to scramble like fuck and lose 2 promising young players to avoid a PSR breach, aye, that is the epitome of fit for purpose.

Mitchell's comment was entirely accurate in the context of the modern rigged game IMO.

It’s fit for purpose if the purpose is to start every season on -9 points. 

My boxing strategy is to take a step back at the start of each round and fucking whack myself in the face as hard as possible and then wonder why I’ve never won a fight.

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think you underestimate the difficulty of the task at hand. Previously, clubs who had suddenly become cash rich could sign whatever deal they like with whomever they like, without giving a shit about appearing fair or not. Pre-FFP/PSR Newcastle would be sponsored by Aramco for £100m a season, or some such bollocks.

We're not in Europe, we're not going to immediately be challenging for titles or trophies (even if we were allowed to spend what we could afford). 

Last season we were in the CL. That was the time to come out with the dodgy deals and try to explain everything away by saying we're a CL club now. Instead it looks like we're far to scared to even test the associated party rules and the taps of untold wealth. 

For example, why are our shirt deals worth nearly half of Tottenham's?

image.png.20fad04bed10243b751352dcb38c2f67.png

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

the point is Mitchell didn’t clarify what he meant about any of this, effectively placing the blame on Howe and creating an unnecessary shitstorm. Put yourself in Howe’s shoes. I would be seething if a colleague had suggested similar in public without explanation about my work too. 

I agree that the sales to satisfy psr in a July were frantic and suboptimal. This is the world of psr we are constrained by, exacerbated by the ongoing struggle to try to shift Mike Ashley-era players that no club will take off our hands.

But Mitchell didn’t go into enough detail on any of this stuff, effectively leaving Howe out to dry and creating this shitstorm in the media. Howe has done an unbelievable job as manager and de facto DoF for a lot of his time here and deserves massive credit. He didn’t deserve to have his work criticised in such a clumsy way by his new colleague.

If Mitchell he’d been more considered and diplomatic, the media wouldn't have jumped on the story, Howe would have batted the questions away as he usually does instead of biting and we wouldn’t still be arguing about it two weeks later. 

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Last season we were in the CL. That was the time to come out with the dodgy deals and try to explain everything away by saying we're a CL club now. Instead it looks like we're far to scared to even test the associated party rules and the taps of untold wealth. 

For example, why are our shirt deals worth nearly half of Tottenham's?

image.png.20fad04bed10243b751352dcb38c2f67.png

this is the point I was alluding to earlier about the commercial team. they weren’t criticised by Mitchell. Seems he’d rather hang out the manager to dry  

Edited by Dr Gloom

He may be ineloquent but however you look at it Mitchell has publicly completely distanced himself from taking any blame in this window. 

Thats a shitty move from him to cover his own arse.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the point is Mitchell didn’t clarify what he meant about any of this, effectively placing the blame on Howe and creating an unnecessary shitstorm. Put yourself in Howe’s shoes. I would be seething if a colleague had suggested similar in public without explanation about my work too. 

I agree that the sales to satisfy psr in a July were frantic and suboptimal. This is the world of psr we are constrained by, exacerbated by the ongoing struggle to try to shift Mike Ashley-era players that no club will take off our hands.

But Mitchell didn’t go into enough detail on any of this stuff, effectively leaving Howe out to dry and creating this shitstorm in the media. Howe has done an unbelievable job as manager and de facto DoF for a lot of his time here and deserves massive credit. He didn’t deserve to have his work criticised in such a clumsy way by his new colleague.

If Mitchell he’d been more considered and diplomatic, the media wouldn't have jumped on the story, Howe would have batted the questions away as he usually does instead of biting and we wouldn’t still be arguing about it two weeks later. 

I didn't take any of it as a dig at Howe tbh. It was Stavely who fronted the deals as far as I know. Read Douglas, it's a storm in a teacup IMO.

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

this is the point I was alluding to earlier about the commercial team. they weren’t criticised by Mitchell. Seems he’d rather hang out the manager to dry  

He was answering questions, it wasn't a speech, did anyone even ask about the commercial team.

There is no way what he said could be considered as hanging Eddie out to dry IMO.

Edited by Toonpack