2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️

wykikitoon

15 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Spaniel is fucking useless

Can’t say I’ve ever listened to them properly before but, if the first few minutes is representative, I can’t really understand why you’d spend half an hour of your time listening to that. Just bland opinions from a bunch of nobodies 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Can’t say I’ve ever listened to them properly before but, if the first few minutes is representative, I can’t really understand why you’d spend half an hour of your time listening to that. Just bland opinions from a bunch of nobodies 

And I was thinking we had an original product.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

I didn't realise Ed Sheeran sponsored Ipswich 🤣

Isn't he a part owner? That's why the MLFs wanted to do something special like wear t shirts saying nasty things about Sheeran after Ipswich bought Clarke.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Isn't he a part owner? That's why the MLFs wanted to do something special like wear t shirts saying nasty things about Sheeran after Ipswich bought Clarke.

Aye he owns something like 1.4% or something daft like that. 

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Percy?…am surprised @thebrokendoll & @Howmanheyman aren’t sat in those potting sheds talking about their leaks :cuppa: 

I saw that post by tdansmith a minute or two ago and thought it looked the back of the percy. I've not been out there in either home game this season so I've not seen the two sheds with gallowgate and leazes on. wasn't like that last season though. to be honest I think that's infinitely better than the redecoration on the inside of the pub, which in my.opinion is a fucking abomination. much, much preferred it how it was. there was cracking photos on the wall of nufc going back decades, hope to god they weren't all just binned. even had a photo up in memoriam of tommy 'little white bull' crane.

not all change is for the better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can someone explain to be exactly what Darren Eales does? Is he Lee Charnley in a bad wig?

We’ve had zero movement on the stadium and the new training ground, his first solo transfer window was a shambles and now he has the two most important off field employees trading barbs in the press.

Clearly Mitchell has been brought in and promised a remit that hasn’t been explained or agreed to by Howe. It shouldn’t be difficult to get the two of them in a room and thrash this out Eales appears to be absent in all this.

• Like 2

The bottom line in this whole fiasco is that Mitchell has been very unprofessional in his choice of language and has raised a lot of hackles. Sounds like he’s strolled in like Billy big balls.

He could have easily praised past recruitment efforts (under difficult circumstances), while laying out a new way forward, but instead took his knob out and pissed in everyone’s cornflakes.

It beggars belief that Eales hasn’t got them together in the 9 days since and sorted a way forward prior to yesterdays presser.

• Like 5

Aye, aside from Wood (when we were desperate) and the Greek keeper (PSR fix) is there a single player we’ve overpaid for? I think our first team business has been excellent up until the summer.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, aside from Wood (when we were desperate) and the Greek keeper (PSR fix) is there a single player we’ve overpaid for? I think our first team business has been excellent up until the summer.

bruno's value has got to have at least doubled,  gordon's possibly too. and it would be absolutely criminal if the club accepted anything less than a british record transfer fee for isak.

I can't imagine losing money on botman, tonali or barnes either, so aye, fucking ludicrous to suggest these signing haven't been fit for purpose really.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Anyone else watch The Geordie Journos on YouTube ?

No idea who they are and whether they have committed any past NUFC mortal sins etc but quite like their style of chat post games. 

If I had a couple of years YTS at Thomson house as a trainee journalist instead of being on the dole or being at a tuppence happeny place in Newburn I think I'd have made a great local journalist on YouTube. 

Money Business GIF by BBC

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If I had a couple of years YTS at Thomson house as a trainee journalist instead of being on the dole or being at a tuppence happeny place in Newburn I think I'd have made a great local journalist on YouTube. 

Money Business GIF by BBC

I used to trudge upto Newburn in the 80’s delivering meat to the bakery’s (Milligans or Gelders, can’t remember which) :) 

• Like 1

On 14/09/2024 at 17:07, thebrokendoll said:

bruno's value has got to have at least doubled,  gordon's possibly too. and it would be absolutely criminal if the club accepted anything less than a british record transfer fee for isak.

I can't imagine losing money on botman, tonali or barnes either, so aye, fucking ludicrous to suggest these signing haven't been fit for purpose really.

Playing Devil's advocate, is he not saying that the system is not fit for purpose in that we can't just spend on good players, we need to have turn over by selling as well?  The problem being that we haven't been able to shift the shit left by Ashley's ridiculous long term contracts to avoid having to buy new players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Playing Devil's advocate, is he not saying that the system is not fit for purpose in that we can't just spend on good players, we need to have turn over by selling as well?  The problem being that we haven't been able to shift the shit left by Ashley's ridiculous long term contracts to avoid having to buy new players.

I think this is exactly what he meant fwiw. 

• Like 2

In that case he should have been specific in that he meant the system pre-takeover. Because he sounded like he was saying everything was shit before he arrived and he was going to fix Howe’s mistakes.

• Like 2