2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️

wykikitoon

When Mitchell was speaking this week he mentioned they both had a lot of respect for each other but fell short of saying anything else.

Eddie probably thought he was shot of a SD when Ashworth disappeared and is probably perplexed at the role the other guy has,  making sure injuries don't stack up when you've got coaching staff and physio staff already alongside each other.

Surely he doesn't think he would have the same control over the club that he would've had at third division Bournemouth? 

Most modern high profile clubs have sporting directors and he's seen the impact breaching PSR can have. 

Hopefully everyone starts singing from the same hymn sheet soon and underwear won't need changing so often. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chaser said:

When Mitchell was speaking this week he mentioned they both had a lot of respect for each other but fell short of saying anything else.

Eddie probably thought he was shot of a SD when Ashworth disappeared and is probably perplexed at the role the other guy has,  making sure injuries don't stack up when you've got coaching staff and physio staff already alongside each other.

He shouldn’t be perplexed. Those coaches and medical staff oversaw a truly appalling injury crisis last season. He should be perplexed if they didn’t bring him in tbh.

• Like 3

Yeah but I wonder if there are suspicions around the training methodology on that front. I could see interference there being an unsettling point for Howe.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah but I wonder if there are suspicions around the training methodology on that front. I could see interference there being an unsettling point for Howe.

Then he needs to toughen up, or take the England job IMO.

If we’re aiming to be an elite club then we need to start acting like one now - that includes adding in those additional checks and balances.  I don’t think any fan disagrees with the performance director appointment after last year so I don’t personally see why Howe would either. As a manager I think he should appreciate that extra insight.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Aye, let’s get a gimp in instead. Someone who does what he’s told.

ffs

I don't think anyone's advocating that. 

12 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Aye, let’s get a gimp in instead. Someone who does what he’s told.

ffs

Aye, that’s what I said, not even a hint of paraphrasing, pissing the bed or completely twisting my words.

breakfast noise GIF

There's definitely something in the idea that Howe probably needs to adjust to how a big club operates. As do the rest of us. 

When you look at the size of the staff at Man City, drop Howe into that situation and he'd be feeling the same or worse than he is now, but they're the ones that are doing it right. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dazzler said:

Aye, that’s what I said, not even a hint of paraphrasing, pissing the bed or completely twisting my words.

breakfast noise GIF

I didn’t ‘quote’ you pal. I reacted to what you said.

You essentially said that Eddie needs to change his ways and get with the program if we want to be an elite club.

Now fuck off to bed as you obviously need it

To be clear, I'm not suggesting for a second that we're too big for Howe. He has been instrumental in the "professionalisation" of the club in its current form. 

But we're not even halfway along the journey to being a properly big club, and he's probably going to have to loosen his grip on all sorts of things along that path. It'll be beneficial in the long run, hopefully, but it'll be jarring when it happens, which is probably what we're currently seeing. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Erm I think he is.

If we’re aiming to be an elite club then we need to start acting like one now 

My exact phrase. Explain where I vote for “getting a gimp in”?

We’re aiming to be an elite club, surely that would mean getting someone else elite if Howe decides he doesn’t like working within the new set up.

But by all means continue pissing your pants over something I never said.

So if I

5 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

My exact phrase. Explain where I vote for “getting a gimp in”?

We’re aiming to be an elite club, surely that would mean getting someone else elite if Howe decides he doesn’t like working within the new set up.

But by all means continue pissing your pants over something I never said.

So if I disagree with you I am pissing my pants?

Fuck off man you egotistical bellend

Edited by Dougle

WHOA! I was led to believe that I was the egotistical bellend. 

I better not be about to find out that this is what you say to all the boys. 

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

No-one is taking that title from you. 👍 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gemmill said:

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/everything-eddie-howe-said-about-his-newcastle-united-future-in-4709869

Loads of quotes in here. 

My summary: he's staying for now but he's not entirely happy with everything at the minute and he's firing a warning shot across the boughs of those on charge. He wants clarity on some things, and he doesn't currently feel he's getting it. 

Definitely not a completely happy camper atm. 

basically said stop buying me shit goalkeepers,  get your hands in your pockets and buy me a superstar right winger, 2nd striker and another central defender NOW as he's not happy we rarely even feature on beebs gossip column these days. and finally, stop acting like a bunch of saudi tarts, get some enormous sponsorship deals announced and if richard master's doesn't like it remind the cunt we've got a bone saw handy.

well that's the way I interpreted it.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

In fairness there can be more than one.

This chap may be egotistical, but certainly has none of the positive qualities of your good self.

9 minutes ago, Dougle said:

So if I

So if I disagree with you I am pissing my pants?

Fuck off my you egotistical bellend

Fuck off your what? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

basically said stop buying me shit goalkeepers,  get your hands in your pockets and buy me a superstar right winger, 2nd striker and another central defender NOW as he's not happy we rarely even feature on beebs gossip column these days. and finally, stop acting like a bunch of saudi tarts, get some enormous sponsorship deals announced and if richard master's doesn't like it remind the cunt we've got a bone saw handy.

well that's the way I interpreted it.

:lol:

Nailed it. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Fuck off your what? 

Dyslexia mate.

It is a right fucling pain in the arse when you try to argu in type

• Haha 2