2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️

wykikitoon

Gemmill got it right. We've gone from failing to sign Hamza Chaudhry to having City, Madrid, Bayern etc. lurk over our players. What a disaster eh? 

Edwards is proving again he's a top class asshole in addition to being incompetent and frustrated at his job, also probably his sex life. 

• Like 2

Good to see the club trying to actively address injury issues already. The way he talks about Eddie as well, I'm not sure how long it will take to not feel strange about the caliber of people running the club now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Staveley is gone and with it is their connection to the club. The only thing this rabble are getting now are fluff pieces with Eales/Silverstone/whoever every 6 months as they continue their slide into irrelevance 

I am not sure Edwards had a connection with Staveley. Before the takeover Edwards was adamant that Staveley was just a fraud making fabs suffer while promoting the bid of an actual fraud. He changed his tune just to be contrary again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I am not sure Edwards had a connection with Staveley. Before the takeover Edwards was adamant that Staveley was just a fraud making fabs suffer while promoting the bid of an actual fraud. He changed his tune just to be contrary again.

Well, not her in particular but it was clear that the press were getting briefs. It’ll be a very tight ship from here on in, I’d bet 

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Howe to "face the media" later today in Germany, where he'll no doubt be bombarded with questions about England. 

@Christmas Tree

Should be very interesting. A straight out “not interested” would be nice, but why wait til now. Anything less and it’s squeaky bum time.

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It will be something along the lines of 'My full focus at the moment is for the Toon'

Well aye, he's not going to lean into it, or away from it too much. Just plot a steady course.

Yeah he's definitely not going to say he isn't interested, not least for the fact that he's on record that he'd see it as an honour. Howe keeps his cards close to his chest so he'll dance around it skillfully like he does with other awkward questions, but him doing that could mean little more than not wanting to even marginally insult the position, or the FA given he's, again, on record as wanting the job at some point in his career.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Yeah he's definitely not going to say he isn't interested, not least for the fact that he's on record that he'd see it as an honour. Howe keeps his cards close to his chest so he'll dance around it skillfully like he does with other awkward questions, but him doing that could mean little more than not wanting to even marginally insult the position, or the FA given he's, again, on record as wanting the job at some point in his career.

Aye, the bloke is a pro. He won't put anyone's nose out of joint, other than maybe CT's, and nobody, least of all us, could criticise him for that. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, the bloke is a pro. He won't put anyone's nose out of joint, other than maybe CT's, and nobody, least of all us, could criticise him for that. 

Getting the Dutch courage in to face the rejection from Eddie (meh)

IMG_5993.jpeg

Edited by Christmas Tree
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You back on Sunderland's answer to the Pacific Coast Highway? 

of course. My favourite place on a Friday. Love Blue Moon and a bit of people watching (sunshine fanny edition).

Just a shame I forgot my shades :( 

• Haha 3

Gives his answer within the first two minutes, very interesting. Basically says as long as he feels supported as the manager he will continue as our manager. He's perhaps alluding to Mandy and Mehrdad leaving and Mitchell coming in, as in he needs to see what the new landscape is, what transfers he gets, what control he has over said transfers etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Possibly heading to the stak shortly to show off my dance moves. Unfortunately, my daughter is in there with fellow teachers but hey ho.

Do any of them have sp..sp..speech impediments?