2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️

wykikitoon

11 minutes ago, Howay said:

Wasn’t really meaning you as I remembered you were concerned about squad depth, I was more meaning the twitter crew who act like Jonjo Shelvey is some brilliant player and we’d miss what he brings to the side. 

Careful, that fucking arsehole Clarky (?) will be back on to tell you how wonderful he is. 

• Haha 2

What really makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck and makes me emotional, is the lads & coaching stuff at the end of away games going to the away supporters.  The connection now between fans and the club is special.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

It’s mind blowing when you think what this club is going to become in a couple of years :lol: 

And where it was not very long ago 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I hope that £25m quoted excludes a lot of add ons. If not then it’s on the low side.

I thought so too, but it's 3x the current deal iirc, keeping us well onside for FFP and so avoiding allegations of shenanigans.

55 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I hope that £25m quoted excludes a lot of add ons. If not then it’s on the low side.

it is on the low side for an english club in the champions league. it's about half the value of the other big clubs. i'm surprised but it looks like the saudis really are trying to play by the rules and avoid accusations of buying success and yet still the fans of the "big six" cry on twitter. hopefully it's a short term deal and in a couple of years time we can sign something similar to man city's

image.thumb.png.a18acf6572c2c660421e045e6498e197.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Did the article specify which shirt they’re sponsoring? 

We’ve got about 5 or so, £25m each, that’ll do for starters. :lol:

Erm, the champions league shirt, obvs 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

it is on the low side for an english club in the champions league. it's about half the value of the other big clubs. i'm surprised but it looks like the saudis really are trying to play by the rules and avoid accusations of buying success and yet still the fans of the "big six" cry on twitter. hopefully it's a short term deal and in a couple of years time we can sign something similar to man city's

image.thumb.png.a18acf6572c2c660421e045e6498e197.png

I think this is key. It's a dramatic increase and were we owned by some random hedge fund, nobody would bat an eye. 

I don't think this is the end of the new commercial deals. I think, importantly, it dances around the caltrops that the established elite have dropped behind them. And we'll still fucking smash them.

• Like 2

• Monkeys Fist changed the title to 2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️