2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️

wykikitoon

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

£20m :lol: see ya, sucker

of course the mancs waited till after the psr deadline 

IMG_7058.jpeg

Ok to be exact, the ESPN article doesn't say that we've agreed a fee near 20 million, it says

Newcastle have been holding firm for a compensation fee of around £20 million and, according to a source, the two clubs are nearing an agreement.

Which could mean any amount really. 

20 hours ago, Dougle said:

We had acres of ballroom (ooer missus) from the years of BFM and yet here we are hours away from hassle because of psr.

We didn’t though. We could spend a bit initially but then we were quite heavily restricted by the lack of revenue, which was down to the previous owner’s neglect. The huge steps forward there being something else that has changed at the club (since you were asking). 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5599305/2024/07/01/newcastle-psr-player-sales?source=user-shared-article

We were over £50m short on PSR according to this article by Waugh. At over 150% of the allowable loss, I'm not sure a 10 point deduction sounds all that daft. 

We would have had very little to argue in terms of mitigation. 

Worth reading the article though. 

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5599305/2024/07/01/newcastle-psr-player-sales?source=user-shared-article

We were over £50m short on PSR according to this article by Waugh. At over 150% of the allowable loss, I'm not sure a 10 point deduction sounds all that daft. 

We would have had very little to argue in terms of mitigation. 

Worth reading the article though. 

Is it really worth reading? 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

That we would be a good comeback from anyone else in the universe mr relegation predictor.

That we would be what?! 

You know what helps improve your writing? Reading. 

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

How much of this is down to Ashworth being fucking useless I wonder

Ashworth peering over the top of his reading glasses:

"Excuse me, you little Yorkshire cunt, you cleared off the bulk of your PSR selling a lad for £33m that I signed a year previous for £7m. So shut your ENTIRE face, please."

• Haha 9

34 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ashworth peering over the top of his reading glasses:

"Excuse me, you little Yorkshire cunt, you cleared off the bulk of your PSR selling a lad for £33m that I signed a year previous for £7m. So shut your ENTIRE face, please."

Gemmill suckinmg the Ashworth cock:

delicious-yummy.gif.a1895801e48ae02ecc83e6987ca432ca.gif

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They're taking down the Sports Direct font version of "Newcastle United" above the East Stand today. 

The East stand Newcastle United sign, sponsored by [insert company with PIF investment here] has a good ring to it, don't you think?

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

The East stand Newcastle United sign, sponsored by [insert company with PIF investment here] has a good ring to it, don't you think?

I don't see any reason why we can't sponsor the stand names

The Gallowgate End sponsored by Visit Saudi Arabia (who we are in no way affiliated with ) for £500m

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

The Gallowgate End sponsored by Visit Saudi Arabia (who we are in no way affiliated with ) for £500m

Definitely worth £500m for the gallows synergy alone.

• Haha 9

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Definitely worth £500m for the gallows synergy alone.

Meanwhile, in honour of our erstwhile fishbowl midfielder, the Leazes is renamed the Jenas Side.

• Haha 8

37 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

michael martin's latest truefaith editorial, valid concerns or being a drama queen?

you decide.....

https://true-faith.co.uk/thru-black-white-eyes-whats-happening-1-jul-24/

First off, I like how he starts his piece with (a paraphrased):

"There will be clever people that agree with me that these questions need to be asked, but there will also be thick cunt fan boys of the new ownership who can't even tie their own shoes and are happy to go through life with their eyes closed."

Always a great way to get people to read the rest of your article. 

He then immediately reveals that he doesn't know the difference between transfer fees and profit on sale of a player. A bad start. 

The rest of it is just a typical Michael Martin misery fest. Most of what I assume he thinks are really challenging unexplained questions, are nothing of the sort. 

Running a football club is hard. Trying to get a completely stagnant football club to compete at the top level is even harder. Trying to do all of that whilst remaining in compliance with crazy PSR rules is harder still. Gambles needed to be taken, and were.

And at the end of it all, we've managed to meet our PSR requirements by selling two peripheral players, and getting compensation for a bloke who we were paying a pretty penny to sit around his house. A pretty successful outcome all things considered. 

And all this bloke wants to do is piss and moan about it. Gordon and Isak are still here, but he wants to fucking moan about the fact that they might not have been. We've had our pants pulled down cos Man United only paid a reported £8m for Ashworth. 

What a misery. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

First off, I like how he starts his piece with (a paraphrased):

"There will be clever people that agree with me that these questions need to be asked, but there will also be thick cunt fan boys of the new ownership who can't even tie their own shoes and are happy to go through life with their eyes closed."

Always a great way to get people to read the rest of your article. 

He then immediately reveals that he doesn't know the difference between transfer fees and profit on sale of a player. A bad start. 

The rest of it is just a typical Michael Martin misery fest. Most of what I assume he thinks are really challenging unexplained questions, are nothing of the sort. 

Running a football club is hard. Trying to get a completely stagnant football club to compete at the top level is even harder. Trying to do all of that whilst remaining in compliance with crazy PSR rules is harder still. Gambles needed to be taken, and were.

And at the end of it all, we've managed to meet our PSR requirements by selling two peripheral players, and getting compensation for a bloke who we were paying a pretty penny to sit around his house. A pretty successful outcome all things considered. 

And all this bloke wants to do is piss and moan about it. Gordon and Isak are still here, but he wants to fucking moan about the fact that they might not have been. We've had our pants pulled down cos Man United only paid a reported £8m for Ashworth. 

What a misery. 

reading his copy brings me out in hives 

• Like 1

• Monkeys Fist changed the title to 2024/25 - Generic NUFC Chat. Cunts ☑️