Leonard Jeffrey "Oz" Osborne Silent Mags v Barry Spencer Taylor Boring Bastard Wolves

wykikitoon

Just watched the full match back.

Shelveys long pass on about 40 mins to Almiron was top drawer and ASM played a lot better than I initially thought. Still frustrating but a hell of a lot of effort in and some good runs.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

Whether you think it’s right or wrong it’s not ‘new’ or ‘modern’ is my point. It’s just scrutinised a lot more than ever. I think it was a pen tbh. In real time it looked like a stonewall one too. The keeper made a hash of it and Wood took advantage like J69, Andrew etc have alluded to 

Keeper stays on his feet and that goes straight out for a goal kick and Wood gets a yellow card. 

• Like 2

Standing outside the Trent pre game, waiting for my usual wave from Bruno on his way into the ground and noticed this humongous drone above the ground.

Anyone else see it?

Looked about the size of a tumble dryer. Not sure if it was ours, Skys or the Fuzz’s

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Standing outside the Trent pre game, waiting for my usual wave from Bruno on his way into the ground and noticed this humongous drone above the ground.

Anyone else see it?

Looked about the size of a tumble dryer. Not sure if it was ours, Skys or the Fuzz’s

how were the boobies in there last night mate?

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

how were the boobies in there last night mate?

Tbh, I was too busy bed wetting about the game and whether me and my child bladder was going to be stuck in the middle of a row.

Seemed to be more male staff on than usual. There was one absolute stunner pulling my ale who looked like Sophia Loren.

sophia loren GIF

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

I am astonished by how much I'm reading that wood either dived or wasn't fouled for our penalty, it's a stonewall penalty surely?

I know this isn't the least biased place to ask but I don't just have my nufc specs on do I? It's clear as day. 

Wood knew what he was doing, put it that way ... but it is still a clear penalty. Sa should know better than to give him the opportunity.

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

G-Dogg once again knocking it out like a best selling album.

Watch it and you see he starts dragging legs.  It's a modern day pen all day.

Wykiki truly is a Dave Dodds :lol:

Football Film Thursdays: Mike Bassett - England Manager - Lion Of Vienna  Suite

• Haha 1

Really enjoyed the match over all, hospitality area was very nice, lots of food & drink. Seats were class as well. John Beresford & some bloke off the telly were going round the tables. Steve Howie was giving his “analysis” on a stage that would later be filled with an acoustic duo murdering the Beatles. 

I was massively impressed by the Wor Flags display, it was absolutely stunning to see the ground like that and far more effective than having one stand with one big flag. 

Atmosphere was flat at times and incredible at others, very loud at times. 

Performance wise it was decent, Wolves are a hard team to break down and they had ASM completely figured out & he knew it. 

Bruno was absolutely class & there’s a few players who could learn from him. Everything he does is functional but he knows where to put some flair in. Kind of like a reverse ASM. MSA. 

Great fun overall anyway.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Really enjoyed the match over all, hospitality area was very nice, lots of food & drink. Seats were class as well. John Beresford & some bloke off the telly were going round the tables. Steve Howie was giving his “analysis” on a stage that would later be filled with an acoustic duo murdering the Beatles. 

I was massively impressed by the Wor Flags display, it was absolutely stunning to see the ground like that and far more effective than having one stand with one big flag. 

Atmosphere was flat at times and incredible at others, very loud at times. 

Performance wise it was decent, Wolves are a hard team to break down and they had ASM completely figured out & he knew it. 

Bruno was absolutely class & there’s a few players who could learn from him. Everything he does is functional but he knows where to put some flair in. Kind of like a reverse ASM. MSA. 

Great fun overall anyway.

Sounds class. I fucking love the flags like, mind could still have a surfer as well. Wish people would stop nicking them mind. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Wish people would stop nicking them mind. 

Aye, if that carries on we won't be having the flags much longer. I saw a photo of a bloke on the Metro guarding one of them like his life depended on it. Should have still been in the ground FFS.

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

He didn't keep running man. He dragged his leg to ensure contact. We were all up in arms when Madison did broadly the same v us for Leicester. I get that that's a penalty now, but I don't really think it should be. 

I think the difference between them is while Wood did drag his feet a bit I’m expectation he’d have been tripped either way, Maddison very clearly stretched his leg towards Lascelles to make the contact. It was a Harry Kane dragged foot classic from Wood v a dive like Maddison’s imo. To balance it out the VAR decision to rule out our goal was borderline, they showed the frame before the one they drew the lines on and Bruno was comfortably on and there was no real difference in where Almiron was between either frame - personally feel if you have to start pulling out lines and scrutinizing to that degree you’re just looking to chalk the goal off and ignoring the room for error between fractional frames of when a ball was deemed kicked. 

Like you’ve said before though I’m not bothered, we’ve been fucking rinsed on pens all season so it’s about time we got one. The Fraser and Murphy ones against Man City and Chelsea were absolutely absurd. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just watched the full match back.

Shelveys long pass on about 40 mins to Almiron was top drawer and ASM played a lot better than I initially thought. Still frustrating but a hell of a lot of effort in and some good runs.

I’ve personally given up on ASM. He needs to give his head a wobble, people highlight the runs he makes but 90%+ of them go absolutely nowhere he just runs away from the rest of the team and generally refuses to pass the ball unless he absolutely has to (the pass he should have made to Bruno but then delayed being a glaring example). People are overly keen to give him credit as well, lots of bigging up his pass to Joelinton which eventually led to the pen it was fine and helped the move but come on man. 

I said in this thread at some point he will simply refuse to help the team keep the ball, and he did. He kept trying to go on mazy runs in the 85th+ minute losing the ball numerous times. People shrug it off when we go on to win but he did just that against Everton by dwelling on the ball instead of playing keep ball and it cost us. 

I think under Bruce his runs that went nowhere were a positive as we had nothing else whatsoever to be excited about. They were brief exciting moments in turgid games, whereas now we can build moves his runs often just break down play. 

Completely understand people have different opinion to me on this, but there’s this ridiculous narrative from the ASM fan club that anyone doubting him is an idiot and automatically wrong, they’ll throw out largely irrelevant stats like the amount of runs he goes on and when his lack of production is brought up it’s shrugged off as him being slightly off the boil, despite this being his most productive season in terms of goals and assists iirc. The way Howe plays, and wants to play, we are a better side without him imo. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 5

He's frustrating as fuck but I've not given up on him yet. He's 24 years old, still time to develop. I remember the stick Ronaldo got when he Fist joined ManU. He was a show pony with no end product etc. But with the right coaching he became the world's all time greatest player (imo). I'm not saying ASM will be the next Ronaldo but because his skill is undoubtedly there I want to give him the chance to improve as a team player.

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Howay said:

I’ve personally given up on ASM. He needs to give his head a wobble, people highlight the runs he makes but 90%+ of them go absolutely nowhere he just runs away from the rest of the team and generally refuses to pass the ball unless he absolutely has to (the pass he should have made to Bruno but then delayed being a glaring example). People are overly keen to give him credit as well, lots of bigging up his pass to Joelinton which eventually led to the pen it was fine and helped the move but come on man. 

I said in this thread at some point he will simply refuse to help the team keep the ball, and he did. He kept trying to go on mazy runs in the 85th+ minute losing the ball numerous times. People shrug it off when we go on to win but he did just that against Everton by dwelling on the ball instead of playing keep ball and it cost us. 

I think under Bruce his runs that went nowhere were a positive as we had nothing else whatsoever to be excited about. They were brief exciting moments in turgid games, whereas now we can build moves his runs often just break down play. 

Completely understand people have different opinion to me on this, but there’s this ridiculous narrative from the ASM fan club that anyone doubting him is an idiot and automatically wrong, they’ll throw out largely irrelevant stats like the amount of runs he goes on and when his lack of production is brought up it’s shrugged off as him being slightly off the boil, despite this being his most productive season in terms of goals and assists iirc. The way Howe plays, and wants to play, we are a better side without him imo. 

This nails it for me.  Under Bruce he was one positive.  Since Howe has come in players have stepped up.  IMO he hasn't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

May be an image of 6 people, people sitting and people standing     May be an image of 5 people and people standing

What are these arseholes going to do with gigantic fucking flags like? Shouldn’t be too hard to name them all over social media either tbh. Surely the stewards need to step in, it’s not like you can smuggle it out under your coat ffs

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Howay said:

I thought the run near the end summed him up. He initially carried it well but then when Longstaff (iirc) was busting a gut to support him, did ASM hold the ball up or go for the corner flag? No, he had a wasteful effort on goal meaning Wolves quickly got the ball back. He’s either thick or selfish as fuck 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

He's frustrating as fuck but I've not given up on him yet. He's 24 years old, still time to develop. I remember the stick Ronaldo got when he Fist joined ManU. He was a show pony with no end product etc. But with the right coaching he became the world's all time greatest player (imo). I'm not saying ASM will be the next Ronaldo but because his skill is undoubtedly there I want to give him the chance to improve as a team player.

Actual proper coaching won't hurt either - something not regarded as required under the Steves

2 hours ago, Howay said:

I'm totally in agreement.

• Like 1