World Cup 2022

Just now, Toonpack said:

keeper spread himself, and attacker ran into his stuck out leg, penalty every time, shouldn’t even be open to debate.

It is the argies though 🙄

I thought the attacker hooked the goalies leg rather than vice versa. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Argentina v Morocco as a crowd/fan base spectacle could be one of the great finals :good:

aye, mrs bd just saying the exact same thing.

have to say, old history aside, absolutely delighted not only for messi who shits all over ronaldo not only as a player but also on charisma but for the argentinian support which has been nothing short of magnificent.  

:)

• Like 4

14 hours ago, ewerk said:

It's hard to believe but he was interviewed for the job just before they gave it to Allardyce.

The FA also wanted to interview a plucky, young and upcoming manager named Eddie Howe but he refused the interview because he was loyal to his club.

I didn’t know that.

Now that I do I officially stand down as a candidate for Bed Wetter in Chief. The Grand High Poobah of Bed-Wetterstan

Edited by Dougle

I France are winning it, unfortunately. Although I agree Morocco v Argentina would be an incredible atmosphere. 

I’ve always preferred Messi to C. Ronaldo too. 

Not sure if it was the shite weather or what

but that game last night couldn’t have felt further from a World Cup semi-final IMO. It’s not even because England are out either; they’ve gone out plenty of times and the tournament has still felt massive at this stage. This is the first time in a couple of weeks that it’s felt worse for being in the winter

I was never that invested in this World Cup, just curious if anyone was/is? 

I don't just mean after England got knocked out, did anyone really care about it?

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I was never that invested in this World Cup, just curious if anyone was/is? 

I don't just mean after England got knocked out, did anyone really care about it?

No, It just came at the wrong time for me.

I enjoyed plenty of the group matches and some of the knockout games have been entertaining. "Invested", maybe not, but then I cared more about Cameroon in 1990 and Sweden in 1994 than I ever have about England so I may be the wrong person to ask. :D  But I think it's been a reasonably entertaining tournament, albeit obviously lacking the atmosphere and variation you get when it's held in a normal country with actual different cities and stuff.

• Like 4

It’s been decent but frighteningly I can now remember the last 11 world cups so I certainly don’t get as engaged as I used to like in 98 for Instance when I jacked my job after leaving work to watch the opening game in the pub (Scotland v Brazil :good:  ) and watched all the group game matches in the pub too, surrounded by betting slips (remember them? :D ) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Enjoyed a lot of the games. Was pleased England turned up and I thought they did well /were a bit unlucky. I love seeing the underdog prevail so it’s been good from that pov. But not really arsed. I’ve been gradually less interested since about 1990 anyway. I might change my mind if Morocco win tonight but I can’t see that happening anyway. I think the last two tournaments gave really laid bare what Fifa are about though. Seeing Infantino kiss the collective Qataris’ arses after they ripped the piss out of him and his organisation was almost gratifying 

• Like 3