World Cup 2022

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Dougle making a strong case for Bed Wetter in Chief. The Grand High Poobah of Bed-Wetterstan

No chance of Howe taking the England job  any time soon, man. 

A. Howe's at the beginning of a project and he's clearly enjoying it.

B. That project is backed by huge funds, so Eddie's got a real chance of creating a legacy, as he did at Bournemouth.

C. The ambitions of the owners are boundless, so managerial and club honours are a real possibility.

D. Howe's spoken warmly and often about working daily with players, developing them over time. Something he can't do with an international side.

E. Howe's preferred style requires regular drilling, the kind of high intensity, highly intelligent pressing cannot be achieved without almost constant maintenance.

I accept and agree with all that. 

However,  If the FA approach NUFC for permission to speak to EH and they grant their wish it does somewhat change the equation :cuppa:

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I accept and agree with all that. 

However,  If the FA approach NUFC for permission to speak to EH and they grant their wish it does somewhat change the equation :cuppa:

Well, sure, I guess. I mean, if one unlikely hypothetical is followed by another unlikely hypothetical, it would change the equation. What is way more likely is that Gareth Southgate keeps his job until the end of the Euros, at least given the only people who want him out of the job so far are the usual gobshites. The FA will surely be happy with the progress under Southgate, and for reaching the quarter finals, again. The players are happy with Southgate. The majority of the thinking press are happy with Southgate. The majority of the England fans are, at worst, ambivalent.

It's only pants pissing pussies who're throwing their toys out the pram because England's good performance in the World Cup wasn't good enough for them. 

• Like 1

no way howe leaves us for the england job, assuming of course it even becomes available. we'll, that's what I think anyway!  :)

can't see anything other than an argentina win tonight. no way qatar or fifa wants 40, 000 supporters fucking off home in the morning.

Edited by thebrokendoll

I'm fairly confident Howe would reject an approach from the FA at this stage. I wouldn't so there's 'zero chance' of it though. 

The risk to Southgate continuing in the role is not from the FA, or from an approach from a club, it's from Southgate himself. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

I'm fairly confident Howe would reject an approach from the FA at this stage. I wouldn't so there's 'zero chance' of it though. 

The risk to Southgate continuing in the role is not from the FA, or from an approach from a club, it's from Southgate himself. 

This is it for me. Club management and International management are cousins, but not the same. Southgate won't have performed his way into consideration for the big clubs, and I can honestly only see successful club managers who've achieved all they want having a tilt at the International side of things. 

15 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

can't see anything other than an argentina win tonight. no way qatar or fifa wants 40, 000 supporters fucking off home in the morning.

What are you suggesting? 

season 3 money GIF

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This is it for me. Club management and International management are cousins, but not the same. Southgate won't have performed his way into consideration for the big clubs, and I can honestly only see successful club managers who've achieved all they want having a tilt at the International side of things. 

If he does head back into club management it'll either be with a team he has an affinity with - Palace or Villa or a yo-yo club - Wolves, WBA, etc. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

F. southgate hasn't even resigned yet. and if we win the euros, maybe he'll fancy a final crack at the following world cup

No chance of winning anything with him......his football is boring tippy tappy shite and he sticks with his favourite players rather than in form players 

Edited by Rosco

33 minutes ago, Rosco said:

No chance of winning anything with him......his football is boring tippy tappy shite and he stick with his favourite players rather than inform players 

You've got me on tenterhooks here.

• Haha 4

Interesting bit on Talksport on the drive home about Eddie Howe and England. Goldstein thinks if England come calling he goes. Darren Bent says no chance and was really talking Howe up and the job he's done for us. 

Walton proving refs are stupid - the keeper stopped. 

I remember Joe Cole getting Robbie Elliot sent off at Stamford Bridge by knocking the ball past him then running into him - a player standing still - same thing. 

Just now, NJS said:

Walton proving refs are stupid - the keeper stopped. 

I remember Joe Cole getting Robbie Elliot sent off at Stamford Bridge by knocking the ball past him then running into him - a player standing still - same thing. 

keeper spread himself, and attacker ran into his stuck out leg, penalty every time, shouldn’t even be open to debate.

It is the argies though 🙄