World Cup 2022

I always thought Giroud would be a threat with his presence and his ability to win a header, great ball in and he does the business. Strange game, I thought England were shit first half with the ball but they put it right in the second, their bit of class was the difference, fantastic first goal which Pickford should maybe have done a bit better on and a great second, France gave us a chance with some very dodgy decisions which they didn't need to do at the back. Really didn't fancy Kane with the second, he just didn't look right. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

This is a good point as well. This is a team that has conceded once in 9 games and those games include teams such as Croatia, Belgium, Portugal and Spain. This tournament is still anyones, I reckon 

It’s not England’s, marra. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I always thought Giroud would be a threat with his presence and his ability to win a header, great ball in and he does the business. Strange game, I thought England were shit first half with the ball but they put it right in the second, their bit of class was the difference, fantastic first goal which Pickford should maybe have done a bit better on and a great second, France gave us a chance with some very dodgy decisions which they didn't need to do at the back. Really didn't fancy Kane with the second, he just didn't look right. 

Maguire and stones seemed to ignore him. He's a big game player. And a FANNY

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Yep, with the history I think someone else should have taken it. Quite sure that Kane peripherally saw Lloris go the right way and hit it harder to try to compensate.

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Maguire and stones seemed to ignore him. He's a big game player. And a FANNY

Honestly not hindsight, I said to the bairn I'd back Giroud to beat our CB's to a header pre-game. They scored two goals from open play and we got lucky with them giving away two stupid pens. No shame in losing as we gave them a game but there was little fluidity I thought especially first half. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

Yep, with the history I think someone else should have taken it. Quite sure that Kane peripherally saw Lloris go the right way and hit it harder to try to compensate.

He had to take it, like. Imagine someone else takes it and misses? Everyone would be thinking why the fuck didn't Kane take it? :lol: Just one of those things.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Honestly not hindsight, I said to the bairn I'd back Giroud to beat our CB's to a header pre-game. They scored two goals from open play and we got lucky with them giving away two stupid pens. No shame in losing as we gave them a game but there was little fluidity I thought especially first half. 

We’ve definitely got our NUFC heads on but would Burn have won that header? We’re all just playing notes on the hypothetical fiddle of life 

27 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

But but but the massive Mongo cunt proved his doubters wrong the shit hair cut wanker 

I don’t rate him so I’ll admit I’m biased but I thought he’d been getting away with it rather than playing really well. But that aside, for the second goal he fucking has to be goal side of Giroud before the ball gets played in. If he is then it very likely isn’t a goal 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

We’ve definitely got our NUFC heads on but would Burn have won that header? We’re all just playing notes on the hypothetical fiddle of life 

Who knows but I do know Giraud is favourite to get a header in against those two in my opinion as he's better than them. 

• Like 1

Good World Cup from England in the end. Better than I expected given the dodgy defence. We looked good in every game besides the drab draw against the US.

Fine margins and other cliches. Could have won it. Classic England. Blah blah blah.

Still, look on the bright side. Only another two years till the next crushing disappointment in an international tournament 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t rate him so I’ll admit I’m biased but I thought he’d been getting away with it rather than playing really well. But that aside, for the second goal he fucking has to be goal side of Giroud before the ball gets played in. If he is then it very likely isn’t a goal 

Against Senegal in the first 30 he looked shakey as fuck. 

Anyway, if NUFC get beat in a tight QF I'm gutted but it's England so it's a slight shrug of the shoulders. They get past these and they've a great chance of winning the thing but they've just been a bit short tonight. Their defenders gave us a chance tonight and we didn't take it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Against Senegal in the first 30 he looked shakey as fuck. 

Another thing you’d have to admit is there aren’t loads of obvious better options. But he was absolutely at sea in the Senegal match early doors, like you say. Off having to play a higher line, which he basically can’t do, because he’s too slow 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

Another thing you’d have to admit is they’re are not loads of obvious better options. But he was absolutely at sea in the Senegal match early doors, Luke you say, off having to a higher line. Which he basically can’t do because he’s too slow 

Burn..... Know wha am sayin 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Imo we were the better team and fucked by a shit ref. 

I agree, but it was a fucking atrocious pen, and if he’d buried it, who knows? 

Still, looking forward to the absolute fewm when we buy Bellingham in January, and maybe even Saka for laughs.  :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

I agree, but it was a fucking atrocious pen, and if he’d buried it, who knows? 

Still, looking forward to the absolute fewm when we buy Bellingham in January, and maybe even Saka for laughs.  :lol:

Would be absolutely mint that