Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Either Ireland are gonna be great in 6 or 7 years, or we're gonna have a whole new fleet of Jeff Hendricks on our hands. 

they'll be able to keep all our shite goalkeepers company.

• Haha 4

I can accurately predict anybody's age. I use their current age and the single assumption that they age one year for every year that passes. 

It has yet to let me down. 

Would you like to hear my prediction for how old 37 year old John Ruddy will be 5 years from now? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Hog said:

Septic Peg strikes again

Couldn't be less committed to that prediction if he tried. 

I think

We're close

Could be X

Might be something else.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

best transfer window (or whatever the fuck they were called in the olden days) you can remember?

only time I ever worked night shift was a

temporary job for about 9 months starting in the autumn '94. caned the overtime and along with the shift allowance was feeling particularly flush when it came to an end in may '95

me, mrs tbd and the then mini tbdette headed off for a month to the little portuguese fishing village of alvor at the beginning of june.

every lunchtime I'd head off to the local shop a £1's worth of escudos in hand to buy the previous days daily mirror in a whirlwind of excitement.

dur8ng that holiday we signed ferdinand, barton and ginola.  :)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 7

37 minutes ago, The Mighty Hog said:

Septic Peg strikes again

He is great isn’t he?

“There might be a signing soon and it could ANYONE. “

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'd completely forgotten about escudos. 

:lol:

aye, and me... had to google it!

just as an aside, went back to alvor in about '06, took about an hour to find the old village.  :(

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

aye, and me... had to google it!

just as an aside, went back to alvor in about '06, took about an hour to f8nd the old village.  :(

I lived in Portugal for a year as a kid. Place called Carvoeiro. I was 10 so I don't remember loads about it, but if my memory is right, it was just fucking pools and beaches, interrupted during the week by school. I think my mam just treated it like she was on holiday for a year.

Think that would have been the last time I had an escudo in my hand. Usually to buy a Calippo or knock off cassette tapes from the stall in the town centre. :lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I lived in Portugal for a year as a kid. Place called Carvoeiro. I was 10 so I don't remember loads about it, but if my memory is right, it was just fucking pools and beaches, interrupted during the week by school. I think my mam just treated it like she was on holiday for a year.

Think that would have been the last time I had an escudo in my hand. Usually to buy a Calippo or knock off cassette tapes from the stall in the town centre. :lol:

Swimming swinging?

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

apart from the transfers my other main recollection is the entertainment put on for the kids to give the parents a bit of a break. was a dead canny actually, small complex of little villas and some local young lasses ran a club called the snappy dragons. they'd wander around like the pied piper with a couple of dozen tots following them singing....

we're the happy dragons, happy snappy dragons, chicken peri peri, hot hot hot.

• Haha 3

Fucking LOVE a proper peri-peri. 

The local bar in Carvoeiro was called Smiler's and Ruth Madoc had a house in town so was a regular in there. This was 1986 so she'd have been near the PEAK of her powers at the time. 

Used to go there for toasties. Think it was the only place in Portugal with a Breville. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Imagine being a ginger kid in that sun.

Platinum blonde baby. In those days. Bald as a fucking coot now. 

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Imagine being a ginger kid in that sun.

on fire GIF

• Haha 4

This kid is the next Declan Rice.

Not in that he's going to be worth £100m but in that if he's half decent at all he's going to dump us and declare for England. 

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season