Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Yeah it's one of those "makes sense" instead of "makes waves" kind of signing.

Exactly what I thought. Will be a fine squad player and that's a good thing, not every acquisition needs to set the world alight.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SoHelpMeGod said:

Exactly what I thought. Will be a fine squad player and that's a good thing, not every acquisition needs to set the world alight.

He has Prem experience and can play LB as well as CB. It's adding much needed depth that we have lacked.

• Like 2

Just now, wykikitoon said:

He has Prem experience and can play LB as well as CB. It's adding much needed depth that we have lacked.

Yeah, good depth signing as you say. PL experience is always a welcome thing and I'd say him being able to play on the left as well makes him a good replacement for Burn who is getting on a bit now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoHelpMeGod said:

exactly this. he's replacing dummet so is clearly a big upgrade to the squad 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I'd rather keep Wilson. Abraham isn't all that prolific and you'd have to be suspicious of them letting him go after he did his cruciate.

He definitely is not one of the best strikers in the worl like,

Yeah weren't Chelsea close to signing him last season? Seems like Fred Flintstone and co have that one sewed up unfortunately. Again it's not impossible to get players to choose us over the London clubs, but when the player is already settled there it does seem a bit of an uphill task. Plus whatever way you look at the shambles they've been in recent times, Chelsea were ridiculously successful when a lot of these players were growing up. So they are still seen as a prestigious club to join. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Yeah weren't Chelsea close to signing him last season? Seems like Fred Flintstone and co have that one sewed up unfortunately. Again it's not impossible to get players to choose us over the London clubs, but when the player is already settled there it does seem a bit of an uphill task. Plus whatever way you look at the shambles they've been in recent times, Chelsea were ridiculously successful when a lot of these players were growing up. So they are still seen as a prestigious club to join. 

They've got Madueke at RW. We could

do worse than get him if Olise goes to Chelsea 

The i are saying that Madueke off Chelsea might be an option for our right wing if they manage to land Olise ahead of us. Can't say I'd be a fan of helping them fill the bank back up after getting a player we were after, and he's not exactly an exciting name. In fairness to him though he is still very young at 22, and he looked like the only player who was half bothered at times last season for Chelsea. If he is seen as a serious option then Eddie and the rest of the recruitment team obviously see something in him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

They've got Madueke at RW. We could

do worse than get him if Olise goes to Chelsea 

I think we've read the same i article 😂

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Plus the extra 50k per week. :( 

• Like 1

40m for a bloke with 5 goals last season. we could have given them miggy for half that if that's what they wanted 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

40m for a bloke with 5 goals last season. we could have given them miggy for half that if that's what they wanted 

But he will probably go for £20m

37 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

And there are plenty of people who think 15 million for longstaff is fine.

• Like 2

Dhuran looks like he has something about him. Villa have got ~£60m incoming for Dhuran and Luiz + McKennie and iling jnr in exchange. This could be a huge gamble.

34 minutes ago, Andrew said:

And there are plenty of people who think 15 million for longstaff is fine.

i think we;re just used to getting buttons for our players. £25m+ and i'd be thinking about moving longstaff on 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season