Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

Posted (edited)

Maybe Maresca has spoken to him, actually wants him, and has given assurances about playing time etc, but as a Newcastle journo was saying it's likely that Chelsea upper management see him largely as a free asset given their financial issues, as opposed to a piece of the jigsaw of their first 11. If it's the latter then Chelsea are welcome to him. Unfortunately this could have major consequences in terms of the level of attacking players we can go after, given it's unlikely we'll find a bargain and or free transfer on the level of Tosin, and will therefore have to spend 30 to 50 million if Howe is set on getting two centre half's with Botman and Lascelles out until at least Christmas.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

Just read that Tosin was coached by Maresca when he was at Citeh, so it's maybe fair enough that he went given he had a previous working relationship with him and he won't have to move house. Whether Maresca lasts more than a season or even few months at Chelsea is separate issue though. 

I fucking hate Chelsea.

Those players simply going for the big money clubs can fuck off, too. He will probably rot on their bench after they sign another dozen of defenders.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

He's had two bad seasons back to back, but I wouldn't write him off to be as bad or worse than Wilson at this stage of his career. 

Not sure about that. He's missed nigh on 100 games in 5 seasons

IMG_1414.thumb.png.ef46b24abf70d1f743bb586f3c362792.png

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not sure about that. He's missed nigh on 100 games in 5 seasons

IMG_1414.thumb.png.ef46b24abf70d1f743bb586f3c362792.png

I missed that 19/20 season. Yeah in fairness that is a concerning amount of time on the treatment table. But given it's a free transfer it's much more viable in terms of taking a chance on his future availability. If we had been paying 30 to 50 million in a transfer fee I'd be less sanguine about it given the other areas in the team that need strengthening. And that's the point really. Do we take a chance on Kelly's fitness in order to facilitate spending elsewhere. 

Edited by Polarboy

Shame since he was on a free. Sounds like he's purely motivated by money, which I don't blame him for but I will hope his career falls to pieces at Chelsea. :finger:

• Like 3

If he doesn't want to play for us then fuck him. 

One of the universe's basic laws. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

He doesn’t have to move house and uproot his kids (if he has any). European football on the cards and probably a nice pay increase over our offer. 

It’s a no brainier from him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

He doesn’t have to move house and uproot his kids (if he has any). European football on the cards and probably a nice pay increase over our offer. 

It’s a no brainier from him.

In those terms yes, but in footballing terms Chelsea have been a laughing stock the last two seasons with horrifically poor results for their financial outlay. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this.

• Like 2

They finished above us and got to the final of the cup (which they should have really won). I can only see them doing better next year when they shift their annual shite to Saudi.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NJS said:

If he doesn't want to play for us then fuck him. 

One of the universe's basic laws. 

unpronounceable surname too, bloke's obviously a cunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

They finished above us and got to the final of the cup (which they should have really won). I can only see them doing better next year when they shift their annual shite to Saudi.

Im not convinced. It took Poch 3/4s of the season to get them playing together and they promptly got shot of him :lol: 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Except they dumped the manager who turned things round for them. They’ve definitely got potential with the players  and financial clout etc. but if they keep binning good managers who don’t achieve instant success (in the eyes of their owner) it makes things really hard to sustain. Especially when you have us, Man Utd, Villa and Spurs to compete with before you even think about challenging Arsenal, Liverpool or Man City 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

They will, but the way that they often buy and then don't go on to consistently use players because of the lack of clear direction should be cause for concern. For most, when guided by their agents the most important factor is money, which Chelsea seemingly have an endless supply of. Though our owners have no limitation on spending our club does and so anyone that we do purchase will be to be used consistently, particularly if they're an established premier league player and are in their mid 20s.

In summary both Chelsea and Newcastle will have told the player that he'd be a key component in their future but for us it has to be true, for Chelsea it doesn't.

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season