Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

29 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He feels like a top tier player so I bet he is angling for the Madrids and Man Citys of the world. 

Doesn't strike me that tier - hard to describe.. He seems a bit too maveric and rugged at his age for Man City

Saw a bullshit link tale end of the summer window, but here me out - he's the exact profile of player we need to add to this squad. This time last year he was the hottest shit in world football with Napoli winning Seria A - no it's died down, lets go get a player like Kvara.

Somebody will sign him for a fair fee - just like the Szob, Maddison, MacAllister deals - peanuts for the quality your getting. We've never seemed to strike or find those deals. We've paid out decent fees for Gordon, Livramento, Isak - all thankfully they've all come good. Tonali is sitting at par due to his circumstances - but still, he was more expensive than what MacAllister, Kovacic went for...

For us to really progress and leave clubs behind like, we need to be ahead of deals like Man City are and getting players on the level of Kovacic for a snip for £30M odd.

We've paid Chelsea near £30M for Lewis Hall, Man City have got Kovacic for not much more. Man U won't always be spending £50M on deadbeet Van de Beek type sigings. We need to work smarter, and harder! 

Edited by Nefilim

2 hours ago, OTF said:

Feels like Lascelles is still young, but he's 30 so I'm inclined to agree. The flipside to that is that he's looked good when called on by Eddie and has shown a great attitude off the pitch. Schär has played his best football in the wrong side of 30, and Lascelles having had a quiet two seasons should have a good few years in him. The final flipside is that he probably still turns like an oil tanker.

He has done well when deputising for Botman, and his personality is reportedly important in the dressing room, he deserves credit for his professionalism, and his role in leading the team back from the Championship as well.

I just can't see him doing anything but dropping further down the pecking order, and there's only 5 months left on his contract. I don't see the value in re-upping his contract so if there's any chance of getting money for him, it's got to be now. 

20 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

Somebody will sign him for a fair fee - just like the Szob, Maddison, MacAllister deals - peanuts for the quality your getting. We've never seemed to strike or find those deals. We've paid out decent fees for Gordon, Livramento, Isak - all thankfully they've all come good. Tonali is sitting at par due to his circumstances - but still, he was more expensive than what MacAllister, Kovacic went for...

For us to really progress and leave clubs behind like, we need to be ahead of deals like Man City are and getting players on the level of Kovacic for a snip for £30M odd.

We've paid Chelsea near £30M for Lewis Hall, Man City have got Kovacic for not much more. Man U won't always be spending £50M on deadbeet Van de Beek type sigings. We need to work smarter, and harder! 

I don't really understand what you're getting at here? 

We've signed one of the top prospects in the following positions; Forward, midfield, centre back, fullback. Only one of them for north of €40m, that being Isak. And he's a forward which obviously means there's a premium to pay. 

Man City may have signed Kovacic for €30m (not sure if that's a great deal or not), but they've also dropped €62m on Matheus Nunes and €49m on Kalvin Phillips, lets no make out like we're dropping the ball while everybody else is hitting nothing but net.

Thus far, we've got a very good strike rate on transfers, with question marks hovering over only a few; Wood, Hall, and...

Who Knows Idk GIF

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

Doesn't strike me that tier - hard to describe.. He seems a bit too maveric and rugged at his age for Man City

Saw a bullshit link tale end of the summer window, but here me out - he's the exact profile of player we need to add to this squad. This time last year he was the hottest shit in world football with Napoli winning Seria A - no it's died down, lets go get a player like Kvara.

These aren't really fair comparisons IMO. Mac Allister had a release clause if an elite club came in for him. We wouldn't have qualified as "elite" so would have probably been looking at £60m+, which is more than Tonali.

Kovacic was sold for FFP reasons since they'd spunked a billion on wingers.

Tonali was a snip compared to Caicedo or Rice - though whether he's in their league in terms of ability still remains to be seen given his suspension.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

These aren't really fair comparisons IMO. Mac Allister had a release clause if an elite club came in for him. We wouldn't have qualified as "elite" so would have probably been looking at £60m+, which is more than Tonali.

Kovacic was sold for FFP reasons since they'd spunked a billion on wingers.

Tonali was a snip compared to Caicedo or Rice - though whether he's in their league in terms of ability still remains to be seen given his suspension.

(I don't think MacAllister is a better player at Liverpool, likewise Caicedo - both talent wise would have been better of sticking at Brighton and de Zerbi... anyway)

MacAllister and Kovacic's fees are bargains - we need to elevate ourselves to that 'elite' somehow to be able to get these players. The price Haaland went to Man City, every club who could afford him would pay it - we need to be in amongst these 'elite' clubs hustling and tapping up players behind the scenes. It can't get to the last week of every window and nothings done. 

Caicedo/Rice/Enzo Fernandez are fools gold. Chelsea and Arsenal got so far they'd never back out. The Dildo brother could have asked for £120M and Arsenal would have paid. Nobody would value Rice at £70M+ for a decent water carrier midfielder - problem is that sort of transfer, combined with FFP has puntcured the transfer market. Clubs that generate revenue like Arsenal can afford £100M+ for a water-carrier midfielder, £50M for Sambi Lokomba etc...

We struck gold with Bruno with the fee we paid for him! - buy him now in a post Enzo/Caicedo/Rice market - Lyon are asking at least £100M+

Botman, Bruno, Isak, Tonali, Gordon seem to be the high standard of our squad - to progress and get top 4 again and maintain, we need to recruit players that are even better than mentioned. Easy to say, but our next midfielder we buy should be even better than Bruno/Tonali.

21 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

(I don't think MacAllister is a better player at Liverpool, likewise Caicedo - both talent wise would have been better of sticking at Brighton and de Zerbi... anyway)

MacAllister and Kovacic's fees are bargains - we need to elevate ourselves to that 'elite' somehow to be able to get these players. The price Haaland went to Man City, every club who could afford him would pay it - we need to be in amongst these 'elite' clubs hustling and tapping up players behind the scenes. It can't get to the last week of every window and nothings done. 

Caicedo/Rice/Enzo Fernandez are fools gold. Chelsea and Arsenal got so far they'd never back out. The Dildo brother could have asked for £120M and Arsenal would have paid. Nobody would value Rice at £70M+ for a decent water carrier midfielder - problem is that sort of transfer, combined with FFP has puntcured the transfer market. Clubs that generate revenue like Arsenal can afford £100M+ for a water-carrier midfielder, £50M for Sambi Lokomba etc...

We struck gold with Bruno with the fee we paid for him! - buy him now in a post Enzo/Caicedo/Rice market - Lyon are asking at least £100M+

Botman, Bruno, Isak, Tonali, Gordon seem to be the high standard of our squad - to progress and get top 4 again and maintain, we need to recruit players that are even better than mentioned. Easy to say, but our next midfielder we buy should be even better than Bruno/Tonali.

It's only this window that has gone down to the wire because we've not got the wiggle room to spend without selling first.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

Patience young grasshopper.

The takeover happened Oct 7th 2021. That's not even 2 and half years ago. We were 19th, winless, managed by Steve Bruce and we were posting numbers like this;

r/soccer - Newcastle United stats under Steve Bruce

You need to slow your roll.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

Indeed. We should be elite by being more "elite"?

• Haha 1

Maybe slow my roll yeah - doubt Amanda and Al-Rumayyan will slow there roll mind. We've all touched the Champions League, maybe too early, and now chasing the dragon. Not qualifying there next season 24/25 will be a problem, not qualifying for 3 seasons would be a disaser.

No idea who elite signings we could make...

Purely guessing, likely dreaming that 2+2=7 -  I think Adidas would like to have a prominent 'star' player with us next season. We'll be a star club for Adidas. Kimmich is on the move by rumours - we've already had talks with Bayern with Tripps - Adidas owns a chunk of Bayern, Kimmich is a Adidas and star German player. Adidas love player branding - see Kroos Madrid, and relauching his boots.

As long as we don't finish 9th, and get into Europe - why shouldn't we be in the market for a player like Kimmich? Obviously if he wants top tier, fair play - but no reason we need to lose out on player to likes of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. if they have shite year and finish 8th.

Newcastle in Europe League needs to be a more attractive proposition, than Man U that have just finished 8th and are a 'project'.

Edited by Nefilim

1 hour ago, Nefilim said:

Maybe slow my roll yeah - doubt Amanda and Al-Rumayyan will slow there roll mind. We've all touched the Champions League, maybe too early, and now chasing the dragon. Not qualifying there next season 24/25 will be a problem, not qualifying for 3 seasons would be a disaser.

No it won't and no it absolutely won't. A disaster? Have you heard yourself man?! We were relegation fodder 2 1/2yrs ago. It took Man City 3 yrs to get into the CL and they had unlimited spending on top of a 7yrs of top flight midtable football, where they'd spent €105m.

We have less freedom to spend, a lower rung to climb from and a more congested top table than ever. 

1 hour ago, Nefilim said:

No idea who elite signings we could make...

Purely guessing, likely dreaming that 2+2=7 -  I think Adidas would like to have a prominent 'star' player with us next season. We'll be a star club for Adidas. Kimmich is on the move by rumours - we've already had talks with Bayern with Tripps - Adidas owns a chunk of Bayern, Kimmich is a Adidas and star German player. Adidas love player branding - see Kroos Madrid, and relauching his boots.

As long as we don't finish 9th, and get into Europe - why shouldn't we be in the market for a player like Kimmich? Obviously if he wants top tier, fair play - but no reason we need to lose out on player to likes of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. if they have shite year and finish 8th.

Newcastle in Europe League needs to be a more attractive proposition, than Man U that have just finished 8th and are a 'project'.

If Kimmich is going to a PL club he's of the ability to play for the established elite. We need to be buying players who could, but who aren't yet fancied. Players like Bruno, Botman, Isak, Livramento, etc.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

No it won't and no it absolutely won't. A disaster? Have you heard yourself man?! We were relegation fodder 2 1/2yrs ago. It took Man City 3 yrs to get into the CL and they had unlimited spending on top of a 7yrs of top flight midtable football, where they'd spent €105m.

We have less freedom to spend, a lower rung to climb from and a more congested top table than ever. 

If Kimmich is going to a PL club he's of the ability to play for the established elite. We need to be buying players who could, but who aren't yet fancied. Players like Bruno, Botman, Isak, Livramento, etc.

Have you seen how much Adidas are invested in with NUFC already with launch of the new Predator boot?

We can't pay £140M for a player can we? Eufa, FFP, Premier League, Simon Jordan be all down on us like a ton of bricks.

Tinfoil hat thinking - look up how much Bayern Munich is owned by Adidas?

If we finish out of Europe, this is all crap! Forget it, nonsence...

We're going to become a leading Adidad brand - whilst it's lovely and fun for fans to see wor Lewie, Gordon and Joe - you can bet your arse they want a global superstar wearing Adidas playing for Newcastle. Amanda would have sold he dream of the black and white....

Adidas was always Beckham, Zidane, Robert

3 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

Have you seen how much Adidas are invested in with NUFC already with launch of the new Predator boot?

We can't pay £140M for a player can we? Eufa, FFP, Premier League, Simon Jordan be all down on us like a ton of bricks.

We're going to become a leading Adidad brand - whilst it's lovely and fun for fans to see wor Lewie, Gordon and Joe - you can bet your arse they want a global superstar wearing Adidas playing for Newcastle. Amanda would have sold he dream of the black and white....

Please fucking tell me "Robert" isn't Laurent Robert being used in the same breath as Beckham and Zidane :lol: .. You've said some bat shit mental stuff on here in your short time posting but that would be the most straight jacket worthy.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

Adidas aren't going to pull funding because we don't, in the FIRST YEAR OF THE CONTRACT, sign a global superstar. They're hitching their wagon to ours because, with the backing of the Saudis, it's likely that we will become a Champions League regular, and regularly competing for domestic honours too. 

Those players you mentioned have individual deals with Adidas, so I'm not sure why you brought them up?

Ok, I'm going to ask you something, and I don't mean any offence, but is English your first language? I ask because I'm wary of going in on you in case much of this is just a case of misunderstanding? 

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Adidas aren't going to pull funding because we don't, in the FIRST YEAR OF THE CONTRACT, sign a global superstar. They're hitching their wagon to ours because, with the backing of the Saudis, it's likely that we will become a Champions League regular, and regularly competing for domestic honours too. 

Those players you mentioned have individual deals with Adidas, so I'm not sure why you brought them up?

Ok, I'm going to ask you something, and I don't mean any offence, but is English your first language? I ask because I'm wary of going in on you in case much of this is just a case of misunderstanding? 

At the moment English is my language. I'd recommend your level of syntax improve before casting such lynquestic quadry.

Never said, or suggested that Adidas would pull any sort of deal - but brands like Nike and Adidas love to have a *star* player selling their clothes, boots and shirts - especially when they've invested into making us a leading Team.

There was a huge problems and 'corruption' with sponsors and agents. Just look into Vinicius Jr-Nike-Brazil-Adidas-Brazil....  There are darker arts involved in many players transfers that we know of. Ruben Neves going to play for Wolves in Championship for example. The dozens of players Harry Redknapp signed whilt chairman then manager under Croatian crook Milan Mandaric.

Just now, Nefilim said:

At the moment English is my language. I'd recommend your level of syntax improve before casting such lynquestic quadry.

Never said, or suggested that Adidas would pull any sort of deal - but brands like Nike and Adidas love to have a *star* player selling their clothes, boots and shirts - especially when they've invested into making us a leading Team.

There was a huge problems and 'corruption' with sponsors and agents. Just look into Vinicius Jr-Nike-Brazil-Adidas-Brazil....  There are darker arts involved in many players transfers that we know of. Ruben Neves going to play for Wolves in Championship for example. The dozens of players Harry Redknapp signed whilt chairman then manager under Croatian crook Milan Mandaric.

At the moment English is the language you're reaching for, like a toddler. My syntax is conversational and fine for this place. Your spelling and syntax is leading to people question if you know the language at all. For example, lynquestic quadry? Linguistic quandary is what I assume you were reaching for, but even then that wouldn't make sense. You don't "cast" a quandary (a state of uncertainty), linguistic or otherwise. You cast aspersions, or you are in a quandary over language. But you don't cast a linguistic quandary, and certainly not a lynquestic quadry.

Nike or Adidas want to be associated with progress, with success, with attractive brands. Us not signing someone of the calibre of David Beckham isn't going to change that.

Of course there are shady deals in football, look at us signing Boumsong for an example. But again, I'm not sure what the fuck this has got to do with the here and now?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Lot of noise on Wilson leaving this window.

Thoughts and prayers to your missus at this difficult time.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Lot of noise on Wilson leaving this window.

Can't you tell her to get on with the ironing or something? :cuppa:

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season