Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

In a few months my book on Japanese soccer stories will be out. So I hope Endo will play well at the beginning and give me a good publicity.

Good luck with the book Diego, looks a real cracker.

454016312_Screenshot_20230818_231006_AmazonShopping.thumb.png.cdea80ae76681d5e9f2ae1dac4a0019d.png

• Haha 15

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

I do believe that Endo can contribute. At least with the national team he does. Anyway, I think Endo and Trent can be joined by Mac Allister, who might do better than them.

I think it'll end up as Endo, Mac Allister and Szoboszlai as a midfield 3. Endo operating predominantly as the deepest of the three. Trent has been pushing up and inside, into central midfield, with Robertson shuffling over to make a 3 man defence (much like Burn does with us).

From all I've watched and read about Endo, I've no doubt he's a decent player. I just think that with Liverpool's suspect defence and with the rest of the team so attack minded, they could ship a lot of goals. What they needed, in my opinion, was a true defensive midfielder. Unfortunately for them Chelsea fucked everybody by paying >£100m for Enzo Fernandez (at the time thought to be a defensive mid), which meant Rice and Caicedo weren't going for less than that. Liverpool were convinced to pay £100m for Caicedo, but there just aren't a lot of genuinely top tier DMs around that you could convince me are 'worth' £100m, even in this market. 

Mind you, we signed Tonali, Barnes, Livramento and Hall for a few million less than they paid for Caicedo and Lavia, so clearly Chelsea don't know what the fuck they're doing. 

27 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Surely you could have come up with a better pseudonym than "Beswick", though.

9780961317621-us.jpg

It both impresses and troubles me that you found that so quickly.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think it'll end up as Endo, Mac Allister and Szoboszlai as a midfield 3. Endo operating predominantly as the deepest of the three. Trent has been pushing up and inside, into central midfield, with Robertson shuffling over to make a 3 man defence (much like Burn does with us).

From all I've watched and read about Endo, I've no doubt he's a decent player. I just think that with Liverpool's suspect defence and with the rest of the team so attack minded, they could ship a lot of goals. What they needed, in my opinion, was a true defensive midfielder. Unfortunately for them Chelsea fucked everybody by paying >£100m for Enzo Fernandez (at the time thought to be a defensive mid), which meant Rice and Caicedo weren't going for less than that. Liverpool were convinced to pay £100m for Caicedo, but there just aren't a lot of genuinely top tier DMs around that you could convince me are 'worth' £100m, even in this market. 

Mind you, we signed Tonali, Barnes, Livramento and Hall for a few million less than they paid for Caicedo and Lavia, so clearly Chelsea don't know what the fuck they're doing. 

I agree on everything. And I still think that Liverpool can try to bring in another more defensive midfielder. Amrabat? I don't know if there are many more on the market.

Also that they will surely try to bet everything on the next great Midfielder project that comes out of the Premier or is English. It is the team that most needed an all-terrain midfielder and this summer Caicedo, Lavia, Bellingham or Rice have escaped.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I agree on everything. And I still think that Liverpool can try to bring in another more defensive midfielder. Amrabat? I don't know if there are many more on the market.

Also that they will surely try to bet everything on the next great Midfielder project that comes out of the Premier or is English. It is the team that most needed an all-terrain midfielder and this summer Caicedo, Lavia, Bellingham or Rice have escaped.

Amrabat would be a good signing for them, I thought he was most likely moving to Man Utd?

Well the next all action Midfielder will be Lewis Miley and they can fuck right off

Scared Self Defense GIF by CBS

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You mean a midfielder? :cuppa:

He can operate as a box to box 8 or as a more offensive 8 with a 6 and another 8 or as a 6 or alongside another 6 in a double pivot 👍🏻

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

How many can be on the bench for a champions league game. It would be lovely for Matt Ritchie to get some game time.

I’d be tempted to register Shola away to Barcelona for the lolz.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Casey is claiming Liverpool made a bid for Longstaff that was immediately rejected. 😂

The ceiling at Anfield is too low for the big man. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MMXXVIII said:

Wonder if we had a sell-on clause? 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol: Don't be daft

:lol: We probably owe both al hilal and Fulham if penfold and Ashley did the deal. 

• Haha 6

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season