Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

The bad thing about Trippier wanting to leave is that, if he ends up staying, his level will drop a lot. It's something that has already happened to him at Tottenham and Atlético. And the drop is really very noticeable.

I think it seems clear that it was he who asked to leave and who leaked the rumours.

The Turkish transfer market closes in two weeks.

Today, it seems that Howe already thinks that Tino is the starter and Trippier is going to be the substitute. Maybe it's not a bad idea for him to leave.

I've never really liked Krafth, but little by little the guy is performing well and I think that's enough to be a substitute. When Botman and Lascelles return, which will happen in a month or two, the most normal thing is that Krafth will no longer be a centre-back.

We're not going to get anything for the transfer, but we will get rid of a very important player, perhaps the player who earns the most, and that will help our Fair Play.

And we can always sign someone who is free (I've been looking and there really aren't many options, although some like Sarr or Atal who, if healthy, could be interesting).

But I'm very afraid that Trippier will stay at the club and take away more than he adds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diego21 said:

The bad thing about Trippier wanting to leave is that, if he ends up staying, his level will drop a lot. It's something that has already happened to him at Tottenham and Atlético. And the drop is really very noticeable.

I think it seems clear that it was he who asked to leave and who leaked the rumours.

Today, it seems that Howe already thinks that Tino is the starter and Trippier is going to be the substitute. Maybe it's not a bad idea for him to leave.

I've never really liked Krafth, but little by little the guy is performing well and I think that's enough to be a substitute. When Botman and Lascelles return, which will happen in a month or two, the most normal thing is that Krafth will no longer be a centre-back.

We're not going to get anything for the transfer, but we will get rid of a very important player, perhaps the player who earns the most, and that will help our Fair Play.

And we can always sign someone who is free (I've been looking and there really aren't many options, although some like Sarr or Atal who, if healthy, could be interesting).

But I'm very afraid that Trippier will stay at the club and take away more than he adds.

You may be right, and if that's the case, I'm sure Eddie deep down knows which option is best. Im absolutely certain that due to his professionalism whatever he says in pressers might be completely different to reality. Trips' life has been turned upside down by his behaviour so there's obviously a lot going on. I think Krafth has been tremendous as Schars stand in, given he's not a CB. His game has definitely improved whilst he's been here and he's a versatile squad member. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Canny mad that Lewis is off to Sao Paulo btw. 

He's going to get robbed so many times.

• Haha 4

On 02/09/2024 at 00:36, Diego21 said:

What about Mario Hermoso? Is what I was going to ask before I realised he has just signed for AS Roma.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Victor Osimhen to Galatasaray. Wasn't this kid supposed to be the next biggest thing? Fucking on loan to Galatasaray! 

He stuffed around Napoli a lot due to his huge salary. They pre-replaced him with Lukaku and the deals to sell him collapsed, hence this outcome.

On 02/09/2024 at 06:16, wykikitoon said:

IMG_20240901_211547.jpg

Translation: "Man Utd are shit at spending money and Man City are too dominant. S.O.S. to anyone who could potentially make it more difficult for them."

He's right though, PSR is terrible at achieving its stated intention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/09/03/ivan-toney-bank-around-1million-a-week-saudi-arabia-al-ahli/

Toney’s four-year deal will land him basic pay of around £400,000 per week after tax. It is understood add-ons and bonuses related to performance would take his salary to towards £500,000 across his contract.

To earn the same take-home pay in the UK after tax would need wages close to £1 million per week.

I wouldnt have bothered with chelsea for that kind of loot either, more money than anyone playing in europe right now

cashing out make it rain GIF by Dumbfoundead

17 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

West Ham looking at Joel Matip on a free. I'd take him for a year as RCB cover 

Our physios have enough work on, thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Even Lewis must be finding it hard to believe he’s at São Paulo. He’s not a typical Brazilian full back, being generous 

They must have thought he was Trent Alexander Arnold?

Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia

2 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

They must have thought he was Trent Alexander Arnold?

Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia

Tbf TAA is just Jamal Lewis with a half decent free kick.