Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I doubt anybody workshopping ideas on here is coming up with things that the actual DoF hasn't thought of. 

24 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Maybe they should have bid for Elanga last week if they really wanted him.

That took two minutes by my watch. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, toonotl said:

That took two minutes by my watch. :lol: 

We all know why they didn't do that though, don't we. Because we thought we were getting Guehi and there wasn't £40m spare for Elanga. 

Or are we also taking Mitchell to task for not inventing time travel during the last week of the window too? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

We all know why they didn't do that though, don't we. Because we thought we were getting Guehi and there wasn't £40m spare for Elanga. 

Or are we also taking Mitchell to task for not inventing time travel during the last week of the window too? 

:lol:

Nah. I think we should have moved on from the Guehi deal early enough to move on to other targets. We should have had our own "deadline day" after which we abandoned the Guehi deal in time to get somebody else in. Instead we followed Parish around like a puppy for weeks too long and it has cost us any chance of getting anybody in let alone a player that was never for sale.

• Like 5

That's two novel ideas inside an hour. :P 

Edit: By the way, Gemmers, I agree with the sentiment that we haven't thought of anything they haven't thought of. I'm mainly just piss taking at this point. But it's not so much the ideas that are wrong, it's the lack of a proper plan and implementation. It's results based for football. And the results are not good. So they needed to do everything possible to mitigate against this outcome. I think we agree that that hasn't happened. ❤️ 

Edited by toonotl
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Fraser has mutually terminated his contract and signed for Southampton. 

quick, we have funds for Guehi now.

15 minutes of the window to go. I just poured myself a large scotch - did I miss any signings?

1 minute ago, toonotl said:

:lol:

Nah. I think we should have moved on from the Guehi deal early enough to move on to other targets. We should have had our own "deadline day" after which we abandoned the Guehi deal in time to get somebody else in. Instead we followed Parish around like a puppy for weeks too long and it has cost us any chance of getting anybody in let alone a player that was never for sale.

bizarre, wasn’t it. We should have moved on to other targets a week or two ago, when palace went public. Perhaps they did, but couldn’t get them “over the line” - who knows?

• Like 1

What a disappointing window this has been. There was plainly money to spend and we wasted all our time and effort on Guehi it seems.

I can't believe there was nobody suitable available for CB, RW or a proper understudy for Pope. Somebody at the club has had a shocker and should be shot with shit. If I was Howe Id be livid.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

You lads need to stride into SJP on Monday with a flip chart and get this revelatory lecture delivered to Mitchell and Co. 

I'll get on to Flight Centre immediately. Can I stay at your place?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, toonotl said:

I'll get on to Flight Centre immediately. Can I stay at your place?

Absolutely. Can I recommend lots of fingersnapping as you pop these ideas at them. You really want to get the point across that you lads are pure free styling these ideas into existence. 

It's gonna be like Eight Mile up there. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Here’s a fella I’ve shared a pint with once or twice… just your common or garden world champ…

Lovely chap from all reports, very unassuming for a multiple world champion but that's also speedway riders in general - I think the risks involved make them a little more aware of their mortality.
I've met Chris Holder and few others and they are different breed to the road racing riders, who are treated like royalty.

We hope to get over for the Cardiff round of the WC in the next few years, times nicely with some early season games.

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The fact that Almiron, Targett, Dubravka, Wilson, Trippier, Krafth, Fraser, Hayden, Lewis and Kuol are all taking a wage and we couldn't agree a single sale for any of them to allow us to bring in an upgrade is farcical. As is adding further shite like Ruddy and 🇬🇷 to the list of players padding out the squad and never getting a game.

Chelsea have just binned off a striker to a partner club for £20m. Our owners own 4 Saudi clubs and you're telling we couldn't agree a deal with any of them?

Th 50k he's worth and 1000/wk he's on, would not help us with much.

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm now firmly of the opinion that Mitchell has had a stinker here. I'm not saying he's a bad DoF, or that the task he's been set isn't really hard, but moves like this Elanga thing shows we're basically flailing now, and that's pretty embarrassing to have got ourselves in this position hours before the window shuts. 

Parrish has probably strung us along - hurting us helps his team - but that's his prerogative and arguably his job. I don't think we'll be shopping at Crystal Palace again for a long time. 

Said that days ago.

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

You lads need to stride into SJP on Monday with a flip chart and get this revelatory lecture delivered to Mitchell and Co. 

I'd open with the definition of the word ‘no’ because clearly this fucker didn’t understand what Palace was telling him.

You can sit in on the lecture if you like, the girls at the taxi rank would sure appreciate it if you did.

8 hours ago, toonotl said:

That's two novel ideas inside an hour. :P 

Edit: By the way, Gemmers, I agree with the sentiment that we haven't thought of anything they haven't thought of. I'm mainly just piss taking at this point. But it's not so much the ideas that are wrong, it's the lack of a proper plan and implementation. It's results based for football. And the results are not good. So they needed to do everything possible to mitigate against this outcome. I think we agree that that hasn't happened. ❤️ 

We’re undefeated on the pitch 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• Haha 1