Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

As last season ended, I stated that given our PSR challenge, if we managed to hold on to Isak, Bruno & Gordon, I'd consider it a successful transfer window. I still maintain that. 

I'll be frustrated to fuck if, as is looking likely, we're unable to significantly add to our squad but that frustration is aimed solely at the ridiculous system that has left us hamstrung because of our balance sheet rather than aimed at those in roles within the club. The system fucking stinks ... at it doubles-down by encouraging people to believe that those within the club aren't doing their duty. 

And that's before you consider the distraction of having to deal with the exits of Ashworth, Staveley & Ghodoussi - all were matters we could have done without. 

The press were utterly convinced Bruno and/or Isak would be in an Arsenal shirt by the end of today. Well they got that wrong!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Jaysus... 1

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

As last season ended, I stated that given our PSR challenge, if we managed to hold on to Isak, Bruno & Gordon, I'd consider it a successful transfer window. I still maintain that. 

fuck off man.

we've just had 15 years of keith bishop spinning that shite.

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

fuck off man.

we've just had 15 years of keith bishop spinning that shite.

We've never been anywhere near challenging PSR (or FFP) in the previous 15 years. We'd have needed to have been a club of ambition for that. 

I strongly suspected we'd have been starting this season without one of Bruno or Isak - probably the former given his release clause was confirmed.

I imagine we were after Madueke, Chiesa etc. originally so didn't push the boat out to include him in the Anderson deal. Bit off that we've decided this with a few hours to go though. In hindsight we should

have just done the deal and saved ourselves an overpriced keeper we didn't need 

Just now, ewerk said:

Wasn’t that same fucker saying that Guehi was definitely moving today?

Troy Deeney said it, unless this guy also chimed in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Well, at least with it being deadline day, this deal can’t be ELANGATED!

Personally I think we'll Elinger on it too long

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Hope says it's thought to be too late in the day to make the deal happen.

So there you can all have a good cry about Hope again. :lol:

Does make you wonder why we didn't have this chat with Forest yesterday ffs :lol:

Palace have well and truly fucked us this

window, dangling the carrot until a few hours before the window shuts 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Does make you wonder why we didn't have this chat with Forest yesterday ffs :lol:

Palace have well and truly fucked us this

window, dangling the carrot until a few hours before the window shuts 

He started the game against us didn't he? Bit much to think Forest would sell us their first choice RW with hours of the window to go. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

He started the game against us didn't he? Bit much to think Forest would sell us their first choice RW with hours of the window to go. 

Sounds like they would have if we had given them time to find a replacement. 

• Like 1

I'm now firmly of the opinion that Mitchell has had a stinker here. I'm not saying he's a bad DoF, or that the task he's been set isn't really hard, but moves like this Elanga thing shows we're basically flailing now, and that's pretty embarrassing to have got ourselves in this position hours before the window shuts. 

Parrish has probably strung us along - hurting us helps his team - but that's his prerogative and arguably his job. I don't think we'll be shopping at Crystal Palace again for a long time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can anyone dig out the first post where @LongTimeAdmirer first said “close the thread, no further business will be done”?… it’s at least a fortnight ago :lol: 

Got to say I like her/him/them…showed brilliantly cynical youthful foresight when us experienced campaigners were sat here with bubbles coming out of our gobs :) 

• Haha 5

We should have abandoned our pursuit of Guehi much earlier. That’s the main grievance I do have with our failed transfer business and does make us look foolish now with attempts coming far too late.

”Planning” :lol: :lol: :lol: 

• Like 1

It would be nice if  Elanga is just a smokescreen, but you'd have to be bordering on psychotically optimistic to believe there's any chance of that.