Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

And I've said as much. But KD came into the thread saying that the outgoings have been as farcical as the incomings. 

The fact that Almiron, Targett, Dubravka, Wilson, Trippier, Krafth, Fraser, Hayden, Lewis and Kuol are all taking a wage and we couldn't agree a single sale for any of them to allow us to bring in an upgrade is farcical. As is adding further shite like Ruddy and 🇬🇷 to the list of players padding out the squad and never getting a game.

Chelsea have just binned off a striker to a partner club for £20m. Our owners own 4 Saudi clubs and you're telling we couldn't agree a deal with any of them?

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The fact that Almiron, Targett, Dubravka, Wilson, Trippier, Krafth, Fraser, Hayden, Lewis and Kuol are all taking a wage and we couldn't agree a single sale for any of them to allow us to bring in an upgrade is farcical. As is adding further shite like Ruddy and 🇬🇷 to the list of players padding out the squad and never getting a game.

Chelsea have just binned off a striker to a partner club for £20m. Our owners own 4 Saudi clubs and you're telling we couldn't agree a deal with any of them?

Mate. I'm not gonna get into this again. We needed £60m of PSR profit and you could sell the entire list you provided and not make that. 

It's profit. It's not transfer fees. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

apparently Fraser is on the verge of a permanent move to Southampton so that’s one of the Ashley-era deadwood off the books 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

apparently Fraser is on the verge of a permanent move to Southampton so that’s one of the Ashley-era deadwood off the books 

With us no doubt having to buy part of his contract off.  But at least he's gone.

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Who is/are Chelsea's partner club(s)? I bet they are based in far nicer countries than fucking Saudi Arabia.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Mate. I'm not gonna get into this again. We needed £60m of PSR profit and you could sell the entire list you provided and not make that. 

KD’s point about bending the rules is a fair one. We’ve played very nice so far. We haven’t even tried to take the piss the way Chelsea and others have. And questions have to be asked about the lack of commercial revenue, which would have helped increase the summer transfer budget. 

We’re three years in. Where are the training ground and stadium naming rights deals? Where are the official tractor partnerships? Why aren’t we peddling the deadwood to Saudi clubs for inflated fees the way otner clubs are? Is it because the commercial people they’ve hired aren’t doing their job properly? Are they that sacred of the PL cartel going after them? I thought Saudi businesspeople didn’t take shit from anyone (BeoutQ a good example). Or maybe the Saudis don’t care as much about nufc as we all hoped. We’re a small part of a massive investment portfolio. We care about our fortunes a lot more than they do. 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You sell one of them for £6mil, and that gets you a £30mil upgrade as you can then spread the cost over 5 seasons. The first 6 players in that list are easily worth that much 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

You sell one of them for £6mil, and that gets you a £30mil upgrade as you can then spread the cost over 5 seasons. The first 6 players in that list are easily worth that much 

Not if you're in a £60m hole you need to get out of to avoid a point's deduction. That's like using a step ladder to get out of a valley.

The only thing I'll touch on in all that is selling to Saudi clubs for inflated fees. They'll get investigated and we'll still get the points deduction for inflating the fees. That's what would end up happening there.

And that completely ignores the fact that you can't force any player to move his wife, kids, and life to Saudi Arabia cos you've got yourself in a PSR pickle. 

It also ignores that other clubs were selling stars or fading stars. Known names. You're giving me Matt Targett. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

That's not how it works. If we have a £60m hole, we need to sell those players at a profit of £60m.

So if they're all on the books at a value of £20m, we need to get £80m in transfer fees for them.

It's not possible. 

If you ask me not getting Tosin on a free changed everything in this window. That changed our focus. If he’d come we’d have conceivably had a very healthy budget to add to midfield and the forward line. I can see the need to replace Miggy/Murphy. Howe and/or Mitchell might have seen that differently. We’ll never know now.

If we lose by two goals on Sunday there’s going to be hell on inside the ground, vitriol directed at Howe and those in executive positions and I want no part of that….if that does happen we’ll be wandering down “August 2004 lane”…. people furious about how things have gone in the last 6 months need to remember how long it took to appoint anyone anywhere near as good as Sir Bobby Robson into the managers chair at SJP after we turned on him. If you’re judging the present board as fuckin useless you might want to think about that :cuppa: 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

That's not how it works. If we have a £60m hole, we need to sell those players at a profit of £60m.

So if they're all on the books at a value of £20m, we need to get £80m in transfer fees for them.

It's not possible. 

The PSR hole was plugged 2 months ago. We've had 8 weeks to find a buyer for a couple of those players, nearly all of whom have had their fees paid off by now so would count as pure profit 

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The only thing I'll touch on in all that is selling to Saudi clubs for inflated fees. They'll get investigated and we'll still get the points deduction for inflating the fees. That's what would end up happening there.

And that completely ignores the fact that you can't force any player to move his wife, kids, and life to Saudi Arabia cos you've got yourself in a PSR pickle. 

It also ignores that other clubs were selling stars or fading stars. Known names. You're giving me Matt Targett. 

you imagine Miggy, Wilson, Trippier could get moves out there. Whether any of them fancy it is another matter, I’ll give you that. But the size of the wages they offer has attracted a lot of PL players so far. Even when we sold ASM it felt like we accepted a lowball offer because they’re so scared of what the cartel might do. I don’t see how they have a case as long as every other club is offloading players for Saudi dollars 

• Like 1

They've changed the rules haven't they in Saudi and they're no longer plunging tonnes of cash at foreign imports like last season or so.  They want to grow more organically.

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

They've changed the rules haven't they in Saudi and they're no longer plunging tonnes of cash at foreign imports like last season or so.  They want to grow more organically.

oh, is it? I didn’t realise 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If you ask me not getting Tosin on a free changed everything in this window. That changed our focus. If he’d come we’d have conceivably had a very healthy budget to add to midfield and the forward line. I can see the need to replace Miggy/Murphy. Howe and/or Mitchell might have seen that differently. We’ll never know now.

If we lose by two goals on Sunday there’s going to be hell on inside the ground, vitriol directed at Howe and those in executive positions and I want no part of that….if that does happen we’ll be wandering down “August 2004 lane”…. people furious about how things have gone in the last 6 months need to remember how long it took to appoint anyone anywhere near as good as Sir Bobby Robson into the managers chair at SJP after we turned on him. If you’re judging the present board as fuckin useless you might want to think about that :cuppa: 

there are loads of conspiracy theories flying around online. A lot of that will bubble up to the surface if we go on a poor run, which is fucking shit because Howe has done brilliantly for us and he deserves to be backed. I want to see him here for years to come. 

I’ve read all sorts: Howe not happy with Mitchell and the new performance director, Howe too stubborn with his targets or resenting losing control over transfer dealings, Mitchell trying to undermine him because he wants PIF to replace him with more of a “head coach” where Howe sees himself as more as an old school “manager” with control over all areas.

who the fuck knows? But this transfer window isn’t going to silence this kind of talk and will test the goodwill and unity we’ve seen on and off the pitch since the takeover 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Go on a good run and most people will forget.  We have stuttered a start and thats not helped.

Good job Spurs are at home next. Always a good game to make Isak captain on fantasy football  

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Just been to the opticians. Have we signed anyone yet?

No change in prescription by the way.

w8Z7Cs.jpg

• Haha 13

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

2nd blue moon on its way at Costa del Seaburn and pleased this shit is going to be over for another 4 months

Do you have the slice of orange in it like a muckle ponce? 😀

• Haha 3