Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

6 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

If that was true it would mean Mitchell is a bit stupid as you can’t guarantee any signings and Howe is fucking petulant by saying only Guehi.

I don’t believe for one minute that’s what’s gone on. Hope’s been twisting words and doing 2+2=47 for weeks. He knows nowt.

41 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I don’t believe for one minute that’s what’s gone on. Hope’s been twisting words and doing 2+2=47 for weeks. He knows nowt.

Aye, there’s no way the club goes into the summer with just one target. Either they’ve fucked up every deal or have left this one too late to go for anyone else.

• Like 2

I think people are quite melodramatic. Our people certainly aren’t as stupid as some think they are.

I am actually quite relaxed about our transfer business. We definitely aren’t signing players for the sake of it but to make necessary improvements.

There are certainly financial restrictions and we do still have a lot of dead wood on good wages. People moan about it but you can’t force other clubs to throw money at players we don’t want anymore and who haven’t shown anything for several years.

There were obviously players we were targeting but we also can’t force clubs to sell players to us or force players signing on those terms we are offering. 

I am quite relieved that we seem to only want to sign players we think are actual improvements for the right fees and wages. Our squad could and should be better but as we have a good manager there is no reason to doubt thaf we are good enough to try to qualify for Europe again. There are enough teams with good players who will try the same.

Although I am unsure about Guehi’s quality it would gave been nice to get him for a realistic fee, but I actually don’t think he would really have lifted us to another level. I actually do think a right winger or creative midfielder would have a much bigger impact on our performances but again those players do have to be available.

The transfer window looks to end rather disappointing but we are still miles away from those times when we needed improvements to stay competitive and in the league.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

The only thing we appear to have fucked up is the focus on Guehi to the exclusion of all other options. If the window finishes with no further signings, that's a fuck up. 

But I'm not entertaining any shite about selling Minteh and Anderson contributing to a poor window. Those were basically compulsory transactions. No one should be getting the blame for them. 

Let's see what happens tomorrow. There's still time for something to happen if we've kept some options open. 

• Like 3

I actually don’t believe that we only concentrated on Guehi without considering other options. He looks like he was the only realistic target of a certain quality possibly available. Those players from Germany that got linked were out of our reach as much as I can gather from this side of the channel.

The transfer window is a meh. Ut certainly not a fuck up

• Like 1

Putting aside Hall (who we had last season) and the PSR fix keeper we’ve only paid a fee for a striker with zero league goals last season.

This has been an utter shambles.

3 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I actually don’t believe that we only concentrated on Guehi without considering other options. He looks like he was the only realistic target of a certain quality possibly available. Those players from Germany that got linked were out of our reach as much as I can gather from this side of the channel.

The transfer window is a meh. Ut certainly not a fuck up

it’s not a fuck up? For real? Feels like a big balls up to me if we don’t sign at least one or two players that improve the first team 

• Like 3

PSR, some players don't want to leave, some dont want to come, for some positions there maybe aren't such great options. All valid points to an extent yet all clubs operate in the same market and have made moves. It's also hard to believe that we're not signing people just because there's noone better available when you've got the likes of Almiron, Murphy, Longstaff, Krafth regularly featuring in the first team :lol: 

Leadership turmoil has been clear to see this summer; from Eddie voicing his frustration to the shambles of a manner we dealth with PSR last minute. It has clearly cost us. If we dont sign anyone tomorrow its a clear failure and perhaps the first backwards step under this ownership. 

I'm not saying that by itself would be a crisis or cause to panic; just disappointing. We'd have to pray for great luck with injuries to have a chances at Europe; I think we can safely write off a CL challenge if the squad stays the same. Far cry from all the talk of trophy challenges and CL pedigree. 

• Like 1

The whole stuff about tension with how and Mitchell and Eales is bollocks man. 

It's a whole new team in place and it's setting the proper foundations for years to come. It's going to take time to form.

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

The whole stuff about tension with how and Mitchell and Eales is bollocks man. 

It's a whole new team in place and it's setting the proper foundations for years to come. It's going to take time to form.

I dunno man. Sure, a new management structure needs time . But failing to sign a single player to improve the first team suggests there has been some incompetency somewhere. Of course there’s mitigation but it doesn’t look great 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Hope is now reporting that Arsenal have expressed an interest in Gordon. :lol:

He reckons he's staying. 

And yet you wonder why we think he's a cant

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I dunno man. Sure, a nee management structure needs time m. But failing to sign a single player to improve the first team suggests there has been some incompetency somewhere. Of course there’s mitigation but it doesn’t look great 

Oh I think they've failed in some ways but the way people are writing them off is mad. 

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

And yet you wonder why we think he's a cant

Yeah I do. Cos if he's just reporting facts, where's the problem. He's not there to be a happy clapper.