Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

If I was Howe I’d think about walking. His stock is high at the mo and he has been the victim of other people not doing their jobs.  Top 4 is a million miles away and  unrest will start to creep in. 

(If we don’t get anyone in)

Edited by Holden McGroin

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

If I was Howe I’d think about walking. His stock is high at the mo and he has been the victim of other people not doing their jobs.  Top 4 is a million miles away and  unrest will start to creep in. 

(If we don’t get anyone in)

boom-drama-bomb.gif

• Like 2

If Hope's reporting is correct, then:

Howe insists on Guehi and only Guehi. 

Palace won't sell Guehi. 

I don't see how Howe gets to walk. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Palace won't sell Guehi. 

Hope’s tweet is designed to get clicks… but he’s had someone inside NUFC for some time so there’s a good chance there’s at least some truth in it…

Edited by PaddockLad

Looking on the bright side if we're not going to get a centre half we may push all our chips in for an attacking player. The Telegraph did say we'd still active in terms of looking for possible deals. 

33 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

The knuckle draggers are going to take this out on Howe, aren’t they? I can’t wait for a bad run of results….

* checks if he is still 10/1 *

Out to 12s :lol: 

IMG_5500.jpeg

Just had talk sport on (I know) and their transfer man said he had inside information that Guehi will move tomorrow. He was asked 5 times if it will be to Newcastle and 5 times he just answered “he will move tomorrow”. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just had talk sport on (I know) and their transfer man said he had inside information that Guehi will move tomorrow. He was asked 5 times if it will be to Newcastle and 5 times he just answered “he will move tomorrow”. 

Probably his GP, heard he has been constipated for weeks. GP has recommended he stands to try something different to get the movement going again...

Which means if he is a stander, Eddie (and the good folk of Toontastic) wont have it...

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

It's not beyond the realms that us walking away is just all part of the dance. 

In 30 hours, we'll know. 

"Hope you're all enjoying the show here at the Stack? Everybody all shout, 'YEAH!!' lol. My next song is a song I first heard a few ago and it touched me deep inside, it means a lot to me personally and I hope you'll love it too...."

🎵 Money's too tight to mention

Oh money, money, money, money

Money's too tight to mention

I can't afford Fabian Schär's suspension 🎶

1000008634.thumb.jpg.496862593e8b420946ebd66c0f8f458b.jpg

• Haha 9

55 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Palace won't sell Guehi. 

I do wonder if there's more detail left out. If Mitchell has spent all summer saying Guehi was possible and then came to Howe after the season had started saying he was struggling to get him I'd be saying Guehi or nothing. Bringing in a CD with no PL experience and (presumably) wanting him to play it out from the back in a higher tempo league with no pre-season is a huge headache for someone who likes his teams drilled.

Edited by The Mighty Hog
  • Like 1

I think this has just been a perfect storm.

Amanda and co overspending (with good intentions) but not being able to manage the PSR black hole in time.

Dan Ashworth not fucking doing his job

Possibly EH and the established recruitment team not having a broad enough talent pool 

Paul Mitchell coming in late.

Its ended in a clusterfuck that has unsettled the squad in various ways and possibly harmed our season.

Im not convinced the Saudi overlords will be as understanding if things do not work out.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Mighty Hog said:

I do wonder if there's more detail left out. If Mitchell has spent all summer saying Guehi was possible and then came to Howe after the season had started saying he was struggling to get him I'd be saying Guehi or nothing. Bringing in a CD with no PL experience and (presumably) wanting him to play it out from the back in a higher tempo league with no pre-season is a huge headache for someone who likes his teams drilled.

If that was true it would mean Mitchell is a bit stupid as you can’t guarantee any signings and Howe is fucking petulant by saying only Guehi.Rolls Eyes Eye Roll GIF by Corey Vidal

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Im not convinced the Saudi overlords will be as understanding if things do not work out.

We keep coming back to this but exactly what the hell can they do unless PSR changes? Hire Klopp and say "We'll likely be selling Gordon and Isak this summer, but don't worry as we'll get you Burnley's reserve goalkeeper and that defender Leceister don't want. Good luck winning the league"

Howe can't be held accountable for transfers, if this window is a failure Eales and others are to blame whether it's PSR mismanagement or failing to land top targets. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

If that was true it would mean Mitchell is a bit stupid as you can’t guarantee any signings and Howe is fucking petulant by saying only Guehi.Rolls Eyes Eye Roll GIF by Corey Vidal

Thats conjecture from Craig freaking Hope though

All summer we've been hearing that we have a list of targets and backups for Guehi that we are preparing to move on, now it's suddenly that he was the only one? Riiiiight