Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

"HITC understands..." :lol:

I don't even know who HITC is, but I bet they're heavily reliant on clicks to keep the lights on. The kid that's written the article looks about 14 as well. 

My advice. Ignore this shit. And unfollow Graeme Bailey, he's a proven bullshitter. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

What sort of wages is he asking for!?

I hope he's not benchmarking his expectations off some offer he got from Saudi.

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

What sort of wages is he asking for!?

Every chance Howe has said we can't sell him with no replacement, and we don't look like we can whip up a replacement in the next 30 hours. 

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This is the new Alan Oliver / Brett Emerton.

signing by friday

or was that leighton baines 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

signing by friday

or was that leighton baines 

Either way Gemmill is certainly wide of the mark.

• Haha 2

Let's wait and see what happens in the next 30 odd hours before we start ringing the alarm bells. 

At the end of the day, most of the restrictions we're facing are external, and there's nothing we can do about them. If that means Bruno and Isak leave, there's really fuck all we can do about it. 

Obviously if we buy no one in the next 30 odd hours, we've totally fucked this window and these lads will be scratching their heads and asking questions. 

• Like 2

if we assume this deal is off, we have to have been working on other targets and we have to hope they’re close because if we haven’t, we are properly entering panic buy territory, or LTA is right, we stick to our guns and sign no one.

If the latter is true it would be the first real failure since the takeover. Not backing Howe in January was understandable given the looming psr crisis but not spending anything this window, when there is clearly money there to spend, would leave the new recruitment team looking pretty silly and the fans starting to turn for the first time since the takeover.  

Edited by Dr Gloom

If the window closes and we sign no one then we're keeping our powder dry for January when Man City (with our help) shag the EPL into submission over their anti-competitive rules.

Then we buy everyone.

Mandy and Mehrdad will be feeling pretty smug come Friday if we don't sign anyone. Even if it's only a perception, and the actual reality is more complicated, there will be a perception that they were far more competent when it came to signing players. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Mandy and Mehrdad will be feeling pretty smug come Friday if we don't sign anyone. Even if it's only a perception, and the actual reality is more complicated, there will be a perception that they were far more competent when it came to signing players. 

plenty of fans on social media are already coming to that conclusion. there is still time for the club to prove them wrong - and i bloody hope they do 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

CN reckons LTA could have been right all along 

Well look, if we've exhausted our list then what else can we expect them to do?

The list:

Untitled-8.jpg

• Haha 11

I've been positive throughout this summer but at this point, It's hard to conclude that this window is anything other than a clusterfuck now.  We've lost two of our most promising young players while replacing nothing more than players we allowed to go for free.  If we have our first choice starting 11 we still have a very good team and a bench that can actually make a difference, but we all know in this game, if you stand still you actually go backwards.  And I'm not even sure we've stood still at this point.

Whatever the reason behind this, it's not a good look and it sends us into the season on a down note straight away.  It's difficult to believe we will be in the mix for top four as things stands and without that, we had better get used to the idea that we are going to lose our top players because Bruno, Isak and Gordon are good enough to be expecting to challenge for trophies and if the project stops looking like it's heading anywhere.  So disappointing.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I've been positive throughout this summer but at this point, It's hard to conclude that this window is anything other than a clusterfuck now.  We've lost two of our most promising young players while replacing nothing more than players we allowed to go for free.  If we have our first choice starting 11 we still have a very good team and a bench that can actually make a difference, but we all know in this game, if you stand still you actually go backwards.  And I'm not even sure we've stood still at this point.

Whatever the reason behind this, it's not a good look and it sends us into the season on a down note straight away.  It's difficult to believe we will be in the mix for top four as things stands and without that, we had better get used to the idea that we are going to lose our top players because Bruno, Isak and Gordon are good enough to be expecting to challenge for trophies and if the project stops looking like it's heading anywhere.  So disappointing.

Same feeling here, I really did think we'd sign 2-3 players in the last week but there's barely a day to go and we've not done shite.

You can talk all you want about PSR etc yet all teams above and below us have found ways to strengthen while we have sold our best young players. Some look for the project this.