Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

5 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

If Miggy goes to Fulham for £15m+ but £12.5m gets you Chiesa then the game is well and truly gone.

we might have got £30m if we sold miggy after the season we finished 4th.  i was one of those who wanted to see him stay. he earned another season to see if he could keep the form going. sadly, it seems like he has reverted to type. if you take that one purple patch season out of the picture, his output for us his pretty poor. yes, he does all the graft expected of him and has great pace, but i think we're at the stage where have to say thanks and farewell to miggy.

• Like 2

All our players bar Isak could be upgraded . He looks fuckin unhappy all the time. Difficult to know what’s going on there. We had to wait for an hour again for Bruno to have any influence on the game too. When the ball was at the feet of Burn but more specifically Kraft no one in midfield was dropping deep to show for the ball. Thats where we miss Fab and that’s why he’s going to be very difficult to replace :cuppa: 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we might have got £30m if we sold miggy after the season we finished 4th.  i was one of those who wanted to see him stay. he earned another season to see if he could keep the form going. sadly, it seems like he has reverted to type. if you take that one purple patch season out of the picture, his output for us his pretty poor. yes, he does all the graft expected of him and has great pace, but i think we're at the stage where have to say thanks and farewell to miggy.

That purple patch of Miggys was fucking bonkers, I'm not sure I've ever seen a player go so high above his average level, it was like he couldn't miss.

• Like 2

Miggy is a bit like Kluivert, Patrick not his son at Bournemouth, in that as soon as he has time to think before shooting or passing he's fucked. He can only really do things on instinct, and that way of playing usually results in a player who can go through purple patches, but doesn't have enough base level skill to get anywhere close to those purple patches when not in one. Kluivert of course was a far better player than Almiron even when he wasn't in a purple patch. 

5 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Miggy is a bit like Kluivert, Patrick not his son at Bournemouth

Sorry, I stopped reading at this point.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Miggy is a bit like Kluivert, Patrick not his son at Bournemouth, in that as soon as he has time to think before shooting or passing he's fucked. He can only really do things on instinct, and that way of playing usually results in a player who can go through purple patches, but doesn't have enough base level skill to get anywhere close to those purple patches when not in one. Kluivert of course was a far better player than Almiron even when he wasn't in a purple patch. 

You went through all of that just to disagree with your own point at the end. Impressive.

Just now, Dazzler said:

You went through all of that just to disagree with your own point at the end. Impressive.

Dazzler, meet Polarboy

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

If Miggy goes to Fulham for £15m+ but £12.5m gets you Chiesa then the game is well and truly gone.

Chiesa probably has a £10m signing on bonus, £10m in agents fees and is on £300k pw

• Like 1

Howay then, what we thinking?

We get Guehi over the line?

We get an alternative CB in instead?

We get a CB and a RW?

Or all goes quiet and fuck all happens like the bad old days!?

I think we'll get Guehi and possibly someone on loan.

Howe keeps saying he needs to be respectful of the players we have, which makes me wonder whether the loan thing just won't happen - it doesn't look great for the permanent squad if you bring some temp in to play ahead of them. It would have to be an obligation to buy thing, and then it's harder cos you're into discussions on fee. 

1 minute ago, acrossthepond said:

We will get nowt, tensions worsen between Eddie and the new supervisory bozos until he walks in November with us in 9th. 

It would appear there’s a move being made for leadership of team pissypants 

• Haha 4

I'd be surprised if we do any more business in this window. If anything we're more likely to sell someone than get someone in.

However, if I'm correct I think we'll be more active in the January window.

IMO if we dont get a CB in it's gonna be a v expensive summer as technically we need two then.  Unless Howe renews Lascelles contract because he's good at selecting songs on the wireless to pump the lads up.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

It would appear there’s a move being made for leadership of team pissypants 

We've seen this play before, I'm just saying that I remember the ending. 

Just now, acrossthepond said:

We've seen this play before, I'm just saying that I remember the ending. 

We've got a better writing room these days. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

this has to be a troll, no way some of you still think theirs going to be signings. 

Gemmill just txt me, he’s seen Guehi in Greggs at Newcastle Airport buying a ham and pease pudding stottie ☺️

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Gemmill just txt me, he’s seen Guehi in Greggs at Newcastle Airport buying a ham and pease pudding stottie ☺️

LIAR

it was a cheese savoury 

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

It's not a contradiction to say that both players largely rely on instinct, but one is a better player than the other. I wasn't making a direct comparison obviously, which is why I said he was a bit like Kluivert in terms of being an instinctual player.

Edited by Polarboy