Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

Chelsea are also in talks with Man United over Sancho apparently. :lol:

I don't know what game Boehly is playing, but at some point the shit is gonna hit the fan with PSR for that lot. It is just impossible for it to continue like this. 

Saw some talk there’s possible penalties incoming for Abramovich cheating/shenanigans, good way to mitigate a transfer ban by buying the whole fucking world population of footballers before it comes into force.

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Over to you @LondonBlue :good: 

lol, i'm no expert i'm just a fan. my views on City will be similar to your views on United ( gives self a pat on the back for using United in the correct context on a Newcastle forum )

as such ziegler should know more facts than me, although he may have different emotions.

a agree that the 2 cases between City and the PL are unrelated.

the feeling on bluemoon is that we may have done okay in the APT case. some success. but it was never the huge deal that the press made out. we objected to the legality of a fairly new APT rule tweak. In essence, we felt that the Premier League shouldn't be deciding what's a fair sponsor deal. But i don't think City would object to a truly independent body deciding. 

we all know that the red cartel has strong influence on the Premier League and thats the reason the woman before Masters left, interference. but that's rumour.

City didn't just invent the phrase Tyranny of the majority. It describes a scenario where the majority enforces its will on the minority, often to the detriment of minority rights and interests. While democracy aims to balance the will of the majority with the protection of individual and minority rights, tyranny of the majority refers to the failure of this balance, leading to majoritarian overreach and potential injustice.

In politics, the tyranny of the majority (or tyranny of the masses) is an inherent weakness to majority rule in which the majority of an electorate pursues exclusively its own objectives at the expense of those of the minority factions.

So the PL, acting on behalf of majority of PL clubs, would like to stop oil clubs investing freely, to the detriment of the few. City and United (another pat on the back)

think the above might be bias bollocks but i'm a football fan on a football forum so don't really care.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Over to you @LondonBlue :good: 

oh, and i think the compensation claim by City is due to lost revenue due to APT rules stopping a sponsorship deal to the tune of about £50m. 

not sure, but i'm prepared to go with that.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Chelsea are also in talks with Man United over Sancho apparently. :lol:

I don't know what game Boehly is playing, but at some point the shit is gonna hit the fan with PSR for that lot. It is just impossible for it to continue like this. 

And still after Osimhen. 

29 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

@Diego21 Do you think Takefusa Kubo is any good?

A lot.

What's more, I think Takefusa Kubo had the potential to be a Ballon d'Or-winning player. But his signing for Real Madrid went very badly because they loaned him out to teams that didn't benefit his football for 3 years and that's why he stagnated a bit.

If we had the slightest chance of signing him, I wouldn't hesitate.

Also, he wouldn't have any problems adapting, a barrier that many Asians tend to have.

• Like 1

One of the Saudi clubs are also supposedly in talks with this Simakan guy in case their first choice doesn't work out. It could be that the journo got his wires crossed given that PIF is involved in both cases. Either that or they're confident of getting their first choice, and we've subsequently put our name forward for Simakan. 

• Like 1

looks more of a like-for-like replacement for schar than guehi if you look at his progressive passes/carries numbers, but are they skewed by him also playing at full back? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Chiesa to Liverpool for just £10m.

crazy low fee but we can’t compete with them at the moment for players of his class 

Regardless of Chiesa's supposed class, if indeed he's still capable of his best form after his cruciate injury, with the fee being so low his wage demands are likely ridiculous. Apparently this Simakan guy would cost 42m, at least according to Ed Aarons. Whether that extra 23, 28m would mean we could buy our top right wing target is unknown of course. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It would be a tough sell to convince Chiesa to choose us over recent CL/PL winning Liverpool tbf 

Juventus have been touting him around all summer so we could have stolen a march on Liverpool but we may well not have been interested.

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Juventus have been touting him around all summer so we could have stolen a march on Liverpool but we may well not have been interested.

Given he’s more perma-crock than Wilson whilst playing in Italy, Eddie’s fitness requirements would kill him. Isn’t his favoured position on the left anyway and there’s the small matter of his reported 300k a week wages.

Non starter

• Like 4