Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

So we get Guehi and Howe sees it as a success. Fine, but he better start playing one of Barnes or Gordon on the right. 

Either/or-ing those two in favour of Murphy or Miggy doesn't make any sense. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

cool as the proverbial cucumber me.

according to this article dated the 13th august martyn ziegler from the times has stated the verdict from man city's APT case against masters and his mates will be revealed in 2 weeks. that's today.

I fully expect that by the time I uncork a nice bottle of rioja this evening to accompany my chunk of cabrales we'll have announced several £billions of sponsorship deals and tomorrow we'll buy every fucker.

mark my words.

https://cityxtra.co.uk/16517/verdict-on-manchester-citys-premier-league-legal-case-due-very-soon-belief-of-some-success-achieved/

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

according to this article dated the 13th august martyn ziegler from the times has stated the verdict from man city's APT case against masters and his mates will be revealed in 2 weeks. that's today.

I fully expect that by the time I uncork a nice bottle of rioja this evening to accompany my chunk of cabrales we'll have announced several £billions of sponsorship deals and tomorrow we'll buy every fucker.

mark my words.

https://cityxtra.co.uk/16517/verdict-on-manchester-citys-premier-league-legal-case-due-very-soon-belief-of-some-success-achieved/

I strongly suspect the glaring gaps in our sponsorships is down to deals being held back for the results of this case to become known.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

mark my words.

Over to you @LondonBlue :good: 

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Poultry ponce with the BIG takeaway from this mornings banterings :cuppa:

Looking forward to him growing his Liam hairdo over the next 12 months. 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

mark my words.

Organize Black Cat GIF by Industrial Workers of the World

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Poultry ponce with the BIG takeaway from this mornings banterings :cuppa:

Eddie our kid, you ganning down to the Oasis gig, gonna be belta man! Me fave album is the cocaine inspired album Be here Now, reminds me of me early days at the Chron when we was high as kites. Them was the days man.
Lee Ryder | Chief Newcastle United reporter at The Chronicle ...

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

So we get Guehi and Howe sees it as a success. Fine, but he better start playing one of Barnes or Gordon on the right. 

Either/or-ing those two in favour of Murphy or Miggy doesn't make any sense. 

If he doesn’t see Gordon as a natural RW it raises questions about the wisdom of Barnes signing. It’s great having depth down the left with Gordon, Barnes, Joelinton and Willock all providing good cover there but the right flank was in greater need of upgrading. Why blow £45m on Barnes if Gordon was seen as first choice in that position?

Murphy and Miggy are fine as rotation options but they’re not at the same technical level and they lack consistency. I’m surprised if he thinks they’re good enough for where we want to be. 

From Gordon’s pov, he plays his best football down the left and he was brilliant for us in that position last season so it makes sense to continue to use him there. I think something has gone wrong if we see another season of Murphy and Miggy competing for starting spot down the right. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Gordon is right footed, so why not put him on the right?

Isn't Barnes as well? Anyway inverted wingers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Why blow £45m on Barnes if Gordon was seen as first choice in that position?

Because Gordon was absolute dog dirt in his first six months for us.

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Gordon is right footed, so why not put him on the right?

howe loves an inverted winger, doesn't he? recycle the ball, work it around the box for the high-value opportunity to open up instead of getting to the byline and whipping it in - it's the modern way 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

For an inverted winger lover he seems to love Murphy on the RW at the minute.

gordon should start at RW if we don’t bring a new one in then one of Barnes or Joelinton down the left 

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

£25m for a 1 in 4 striker is mental. He had a good chance to impress last season in a team that creates loads and was shit - bar one hat trick.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Wonder if he'll stay or take the big saudi money. According to the crystal palace forums, hes on 30k a week 

Palace fans have the inside track on what Brentford's Ivan Toney is getting paid?

• Haha 4