Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

That price is dropping every week, it'd be mad of us not to have a crack at him if we can.

Given hes been linked with Barca and Liverpool though you wonder if we have sounded his agents out and he's not keen

A lot of the goodwill he has is based off Euro 2020 in which he was brilliant but has he performed consistently at club level? 

I'm more disappointed about missing out on Mamardashvili for 30M when all our targets seem to be goalkeepers. 

8 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I was right by the corner flag against Southampton and he was constantly on the side line and giving Tino loads of advice and keeping him right. Then loads of backchat whenever a Southampton player was about to take a corner / throw in :lol: 

He’ll look miserable because he’s just flushed his personal life down the shitter, but I have no doubt he’s still a top pro around the club.

The harbringer of truth... wait it's you @Christmas Tree   😯 Well said.

9 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I feel a bit sorry for this Greek lad we signed from Forest. He's now probably gonna be loaned out, having been used as a makeweight to meet PSR. This is a bloke's career being fucked about with cos of these stupid rules. 

He wasn't playing at Forest anyway and have no doubt that financially he's being well rewarded. Hopefully he ends up somewhere actually playing.

34 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I was at the Burnley game on Saturday. I couldn't tell you if he was any good as a keeper though cos Sunderland's strikers were aiming for row Z

Did they move Burnleys goal up to row z to make it a fairer contest as the MLF strikers are world class and should be playing in the Champions Leaygue?

6 hours ago, OTF said:

He wasn't playing at Forest anyway and have no doubt that financially he's being well rewarded. Hopefully he ends up somewhere actually playing.

All PL footballers get financially well rewarded. But he's been bought by a club that didn't want him to complete a financial checkbox. He's had to move house, and he'll shortly have to do the same again. It's not a good way to treat someone who already was on the periphery at his previous club. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

All PL footballers get financially well rewarded. But he's been bought by a club that didn't want him to complete a financial checkbox. He's had to move house, and he'll shortly have to do the same again. It's not a good way to treat someone who already was on the periphery at his previous club. 

You’d assume that he was in on the ruse. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

That price is dropping every week, it'd be mad of us not to have a crack at him if we can.

Given hes been linked with Barca and Liverpool though you wonder if we have sounded his agents out and he's not keen

I don’t know much about him but when Juventus are desperate to get rid of him after a serious cruciate injury it looks like something is up.

• Like 2

Can a man not enjoy a nice day out in Sunderland without everyone instantly thinking that there's some ulterior motive?

Okay, fair enough.

• Haha 4