Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

2 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

seems suspicious when key targets keep slipping through (Oliseh, Guehi), doesn’t it? If you were into conspiracies, you could spin it like this: Mitchell and his crew didn't like that interview and are playing some long game to undermine Eddie’s progress by constantly missing out on his key transfer targets. Maybe they think that if they keep “failing,” Eddie will get frustrated, results will dip, and they’ll have an excuse to move him on. It’s like they’re quietly sabotaging the success he’s built to push their own agenda. But hey, that’s just a theory… or is it? 👀

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

• Haha 2

I feel a bit sorry for this Greek lad we signed from Forest. He's now probably gonna be loaned out, having been used as a makeweight to meet PSR. This is a bloke's career being fucked about with cos of these stupid rules. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

The situation with Trippier is an odd one. His body language yesterday didn't look right at all. 

played well when he come on though 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

played well when he come on though 

Absolutely. But his whole demanor just looked off. Is this what Shearer is talking about? If he's like this what's he like at training etc? We don't want him stinking the place out 

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Absolutely. But his whole demanor just looked off. Is this what Shearer is talking about? If he's like this what's he like at training etc? We don't want him stinking the place out 

That’s just speculation. As long as he’s contributing when called upon, who cares about his body language or what may be going on his personal life? He’s not to blame for our below par performances so far. He helped rescue a point when he came on and played a big role in how much better we looked second half 

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Na he’s on about the whole set up, I think. The players look like they can’t be fucked and Howe looks absolutely miserable. Howe has had a cob on since June tbf like.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I was right by the corner flag against Southampton and he was constantly on the side line and giving Tino loads of advice and keeping him right. Then loads of backchat whenever a Southampton player was about to take a corner / throw in :lol: 

He’ll look miserable because he’s just flushed his personal life down the shitter, but I have no doubt he’s still a top pro around the club.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I was right by the corner flag against Southampton and he was constantly on the side line and giving Tino loads of advice and keeping him right. Then loads of backchat whenever a Southampton player was about to take a corner / throw in :lol: 

He’ll look miserable because he’s just flushed his personal life down the shitter, but I have no doubt he’s still a top pro around the club.

I noticed on the telly that he was doing the leadership stuff still. Even yesterday, despite them showing him with his head in his hands and what not.

He might be a fuck up off the pitch but he’s still a model pro on it IMO. 

• Like 4

The longer this goes on the more you start to worry that Howe is unhappy (whether it’s with new management or just in general)

He can’t improve the club if the players aren’t coming in.  I wonder if he is thinking now would be a good time to take the England job.  His stock might drop if he has the shackles on.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He only trained twice last week apparently 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

He only trained twice last week apparently 

His personal life must be in massive upheaval.  I actually wonder if he was injured last season or just mentally injured.  He has never been the same since he left the England camp that time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

His personal life must be in massive upheaval.  I actually wonder if he was injured last season or just mentally injured.  He has never been the same since he left the England camp that time.

It must be a huge burden to carry. He's got young kids, and he knows that he's just turned the family upside down and anything that went before has changed. I know he's got plenty of money but I'm sure he probably thought he would get away with it, even though his house probably has more cameras than the Truman show. 

8 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye when a marriage (or marriage style relationship) breaks down it can be truly devastating, as a lot of us no doubt know, it affects everything. It’s not like he can just toddle along to the office at 9, grin and bear it and then fuck off at 5.

• Like 3

The amount of supposition just to see the bad side of everything is exhausting.

The only thing we know about everything that’s happened this summer is the bids for Guehi, the rest is complete guesswork based on nowt.

I get we haven’t played well so far but we beat a newly promoted team with 10 men, and drew away to a team we never do well at.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Aye when a marriage (or marriage style relationship) breaks down it can be truly devastating, as a lot of us no doubt know, it affects everything. It’s not like he can just toddle along to the office at 9, grin and bear it and then fuck off at 5.

Reminds me of an old boss who was on record saying to leave your personal life at the front door of the office...

Unsurprisingly I don't work there anymore!

21 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

Reminds me of an old boss who was on record saying to leave your personal life at the front door of the office...

Unsurprisingly I don't work there anymore!

Trippier left his personal life at the front door yesterday. There's wisdom in it.

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Gutted if he ends up there. 

Although not sure how much game time he's getting with Salah, Jota, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Gakpo and Nunez all playing across the front 3 

And yet some people on here think they are preparing to spend north of £70m on another winger.