Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

There’s nowt wrong with our CBs. The same defence was watertight the previous season when the players in front of them weren’t all dead on their feet. There is plenty wrong with our options at RW.

I’d much rather spunk £70m on Mbeumo or a Bowen and get a stopgap signing or loan at centre back rather then the other way around. But it looks like the powers that he disagree. 

Unless they’re keeping their powder dry for a £120m splurge on deadline day - seems unlikely given psr but if we shift Trippier and Miggy for decent money, you never know 

Well nowt apart from the small matter of only having one and a half (Kelly) for the next 3 weeks.

Chris Wood was our last stopgap signing, we don’t do those any more.

Edited by Toonpack

20 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Well nowt apart from the small matter of only having one and a half (Kelly) for the next 3 weeks.

Chris Wood was our last stopgap signing, we don’t do those any more.

43 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Is your life really that empty? :cuppa: 

do you really need to ask? He’s an accountant 

• Haha 5

Not saying Minteh's grow on trees, but you would think there's someone they're keeping an eye on who has potential, that we could at least bring in for cheap and then loan out, if not develop in the first team squad like Osula. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I suspect we will be looking for a similar

deal to Hall. Buy now, pay later 

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Well that's one take

456514837_902405131913646_9221536133488662074_n.jpg

I mean, let’s see the dad first before we judge too harshly. He might be a dish.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

See if you can spot who knew what he was talking about in the above selection of posts btw. 

Selected ENTIRELY at random. 

In. Your. Face. CTemmill.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Not saying Minteh's grow on trees, but you would think there's someone they're keeping an eye on who has potential, that we could at least bring in for cheap and then loan out, if not develop in the first team squad like Osula. 

I think that's why we've signed a stack of players for the U21s; Sanusi, Pivas, Heffernan etc.

There's reports we're after an Argentinian DM called Hezze from Olympiakos. I know nowt about him, but he's foreign sounding and not from Sheffield so I assume he's mint!

• Haha 5

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think that's why we've signed a stack of players for the U21s; Sanusi, Pivas, Heffernan etc.

There's reports we're after an Argentinian DM called Hezze from Olympiakos. I know nowt about him, but he's foreign sounding and not from Sheffield so I assume he's mint!

Apparently he's class, but we're probably not looking at U21 money for him, it'll be £20m+ I'd imagine and for another centre mid I just can't see it personally.

Unless of course our PSR problems are no where near as bad as I think, and we can get Guehi, a RW and Hezze.

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Unless of course our PSR problems are no where near as bad as I think, and we can get Guehi, a RW and Hezze.

You need to refer to TheFishs spreadsheet for a definitive answer on that.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

inthink you need to refer to TheFishs spreadsheet for a definitive answer on that.

I'll wait for the final version once the TT faithful have finished ripping it apart.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Need a few players for my loan thread ffs Mitchell 

This is like Dennis the Menace asking for the homework that he won't do. 

• Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Apparently he's class, but we're probably not looking at U21 money for him, it'll be £20m+ I'd imagine and for another centre mid I just can't see it personally.

7 players for 3 positions, especially when the style we play takes it's toll on those positions. I could see us picking him up now, not because we need him, but because he's available now at the right price. 

• Like 3