Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

*pats Dazzler on the head*

No offence sonny.

That's a sure fire way to lose some fingers. Just ask any Jack Russell in the cat and dog shelter. Good luck typing your short people racism if you go around patting us stumpy fuckers on the head too often.

• Haha 4

On 19/08/2024 at 18:36, Gemmill said:

On the day that it breaks that Bruno is new club captain, Trippier is turning out for the U21s, two days after he got zero minutes in a backs to the wall season opener. 

And you think this all just looks normal? 

On 19/08/2024 at 18:45, ewerk said:

Aye, after flying to Australia for that complete waste of time and going to the very end in the Euros he will have had very little pre-season. This will be to get him match fit and nothing else.

On 19/08/2024 at 18:39, PaddockLad said:

He’s in there to get minutes in his legs if you ask me. If he was about to be sold he would hardly turning out for the U21s… 

On 19/08/2024 at 18:32, Isegrim said:

I don’t think this a punishment too either, more likely Howe spoke with Trippier about the demotion to tie Bruno to the club. Trippier doesn’t need the armband to be a leader as he has shown in the past

See if you can spot who knew what he was talking about in the above selection of posts btw. 

Selected ENTIRELY at random. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

See if you can spot who knew what he was talking about in the above selection of posts btw. 

'Like I said'.

Fucking Sean Casey-lite.

• Haha 7

Full fat Luke Edwards from you. 

"I'm reading a lot of reports on here that Kieran Trippier might be leaving the club, it I'm not hearing anything to supp-     *GUMPH*....." 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

You mitigate that how exactly ? (coz the fucker's going to miss a shitload of this one too and his condition upon return is not guaranteed) Oh a new RW would have sorted that, how silly of me.

Well, we have our first choice 'keeper back and fit, and hopefully we won't be absolutely decimated in the centre of the park. As Gloomy says we should be playing football further up the pitch, which will limit the number of chances the opponents have. We were brilliant defensively before Botman, no reason we cannot hit those heights again, with better players to boot.

A better RW will mean we can force their fullbacks and potentially their wingers to neglect their attacking responsibilities to focus more on defending. Also, more goals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I know we could play him out of position on the RW, but we might as well play Barnes or Gordon there if we are going to do that 

It's not exactly out of position, he's equally as adept on either side.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Mbeumo again. :lol:

The bloke is 5 foot 7 man. We're not going back to the Ryan Fraser dwarf on the wing days. 

And you don't want to spend £70m on Guehi but you'd like to spend it on Mbeumo?!

?!

?

!

Guehi is apparently only 5'11 which is a midget for CB.

(Officially he adds a fake inch on like all men do )

• Haha 2

Mbeumo again. :lol:

The bloke is 5 foot 7 man. We're not going back to the Ryan Fraser dwarf on the wing days. 

And you don't want to spend £70m on Guehi but you'd like to spend it on Mbeumo?!

?!

?

!

The only person who has ever linked him is Gloomy tbh, think he fancies him 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Dazzler outrage intensifies …

IMG_2368.gif

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, strawb said:

I think he'd be a great signing but there has never been any strong links to him.

Edited by Holden McGroin

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He's 5 foot 11 inches. Those are two measurements.

As in other windows, we are focusing on the SPECIFIC players we've identified in the areas we need to improve. We totally do need to improve the defence btw. 

I think we know we won't get Guehi when he's signing pre-contracts, cos we won't pay him the sort of wage others will offer in those circumstances. We want him, and it's now or never, so we're paying his post-Euros cost because that's how highly we value filling the right sided CB slot with a young bloke with PL experience. 

If one of our right wing targets is available for the right money in this window, I'm sure we're currently trying to sign them too. 

The idea that we are somehow foregoing [UNNAMED RW] by "wasting" the money on Guehi is stupidly simplistic. The notion that we can just take that money and apply it to a different position when we have no idea what the targets are that we have in that area, or what the wage demands would he for a £70m [UNNAMED RW]. 

We don't know who the RW targets are and what their cost is. But it sounds like we are actively trying to bring one of them in AT THE SAME TIME as we are trying to sign Guehi. Maybe it's not one or the other at all. 

And that's fine, but if that specific player is proving too difficult to sign, it makes sense to step away from the pursuit rather than eating further into our PSR wriggle room, and thus potentially losing out on another specific target further down the line. Guehi was targeted because they think he's the right player now, but if the price isn't right (which I don't think it is) we should have alternatives.

I would be surprised if we weren't negotiating for several players, for various positions, Nothing to stop us signing a RW, a CB and some youth player on the same day, barring the difficulty of the selling team. Because, say we have £120m to commit towards transfers, and we value our targets around £65m for CB , £40m for RW, then £15m for a promising kid. Suddenly CB costs £70m, that means we either don't sign the RW target, or don't sign the kid.

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think he'd be a great signing but there has never been any strong links to him.

I think he would be cack, which is why we haven’t been linked with him. 

19 minutes ago, strawb said:

we haven’t been linked with him anywhere that I’ve seen. Just think he’d be a good fit and is a realistic target  

16 minutes ago, strawb said:

I think he would be cack, which is why we haven’t been linked with him. 

you don’t like goals, assists and pressing ability from your wide forwards? 

The other good thing about him is he can cover CF too. Did a good job there last season for Brentford when Toney was out - bagged me loads of points in fantasy football 

Is your life really that empty? :cuppa: 

• Haha 3