Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We'll get Guehi on the last day of the window. And you lads will just have to cry more. 

I won’t cry if we also secure a RW that can go straight into the first team too 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Hummels is out of contact. He’d be worth a punt on a short term deal. He still looked the part against us last season and for Germany in the euros - or perhaps @Isegrim 

can

tell me if that’s a bad shout 

Alreet Captain Kirk

15 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

You'll be the first one whingeing when Almiron cuts in on his left foot and balloons it over the bar rather than rolling it across the 6 yard box with this right peg for a tap in.

I can't wait for the Minteh dribblers to start tbh. He got an assist and a brain injury at the weekend and you'd think he'd buried the hat trick that relegated us and his cock in the collective mas of everyone crying about his assist on socials.

Edited by Dazzler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I can't wait for the Minteh dribblers to start tbh. He got an assist and a brain injury at the weekend and you'd think he'd buried the hat trick that relegated us and his cock in the collective mas of everyone crying about his assist on socials at the weekend.

I mean the lads meant to be a fantastic prospect. Nothing but a colossus fuck up by someone, that we’ve ended up having to sell him.

• Like 1

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

I mean the lads meant to be a fantastic prospect. Nothing but a colossus fuck up by someone, that we’ve ended up having to sell him.

Fuck me, that was quicker than I expected :lol:

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

this is exactly the sort of alternative deal for a centre half I was talking about. I confess I know little about him but he just won the Bundesliga, so clearly no mug, and he’s £20-30m cheaper then Guehi, leaving us more cash to get a RW 

I can't keep up.

Ornstein reporting NUFC are interested in their other CB, which suggests it's not us interested in this one. And if this one goes to Palace to replace Anderson, and Leverkusen keep the one we want, then Palace have royally fucked us this window :lol: 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I can't keep up.

Ornstein reporting NUFC are interested in their other CB, which suggests it's not us interested in this one. And if this one goes to Palace to replace Anderson, and Leverkusen keep the one we want, then Palace have royally fucked us this window :lol: 

Rumour (😆) is that Lacroix from Wolfsburg is Andersens replacement.

I’m almost three weeks into a “holiday” from work with the kids. It’s a nice distraction from their bickering 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

It's not necessarily a fuck up. 

End of the day, the PSR has fucked all ambitious clubs, but unlike Villa and Brighton and the rest we've been poorly managed since 2007. Selling Minteh wouldn't have been the issue, we'd have made a fortune selling all manner of shitcunts over the years. Instead, we have to sell a promising fringe player not because the new owners have necessarily made a mistake, but because of a crippling injury record last season and over a decade of negligence and poor transfer business. 

• Like 4

We could have kept Minteh and sold Bruno, Gordon, or Isak though. That was also an option. It was more or less the other option available. 

Because the problem with offloading your shit players for a profit is that you can't. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

We could have kept Minteh and sold Bruno or Isak though. That was also a option. 

Because the problem with offloading your shit players for a profit is that you can't. 

Minteh represented a much bigger PSR profit than either of them. 

The point I'm making is there were no good options, and this was the least worst option. 

And I don't think it was a fuck up by anyone. We tried shifting people in the Jan window and we couldn't and we were up against the reality of an unacceptable PSR loss on a specific date, and so Anderson and Minteh went, and now at least one of them is a never-played-a-game-for-the-club twitter folk hero. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well that’s helped allay my fears selling him would come back to haunt us. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The point I'm making is there were no good options, and this was the least worst option. 

And I don't think it was a fuck up by anyone. We tried shifting people in the Jan window and we couldn't and we were up against the reality of an unacceptable PSR loss on a specific date, and so Anderson and Minteh went, and now at least one of them is a never-played-a-game-for-the-club twitter folk hero. 

Are people still crying about that left back we rinsed Everton for too? Back in the day he was the second coming of Maldini according to twatter experts and I don't think he's kicked a ball for them.

Edit - He plays for Plymouth now :lol:

Edited by Dazzler
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Saw comments pre-season from Newcastle fans on Twitter saying he’d be a £100m player soon. I fucking guarantee that’s off the back of never having seen him play :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Saw comments pre-season from Newcastle fans on Twitter saying he’d be a £100m player soon. I fucking guarantee that’s off the back of never having seen him play :lol: 

It's off the back of Brighton selling a couple of players for mega bucks. He'd have been fucking shite according to the same mongs had he signed for Everton :lol:

• Like 1

I know it's pretty blinkered of me, but whenever I see that CT has dared stray into Football Chat I immediately think "Well, this is going to be utter bollocks".

So far this prejudice has been utterly and categorically earned, but still, I think I need to work on that.

• Haha 4

Hummels has been amazing the last 12 months. Many wanted him to play for Germany again. Him being out of contract seems strange, but he didn’t want to sign a bad contract so far.

He had bad spells before though and I am not sure that it’s worth to sign hin on a short term contract because he would still need to adapt to a different football culture 

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I know it's pretty blinkered of me, but whenever I see that CT has dared stray into Football Chat I immediately think "Well, this is going to be utter bollocks".

So far this prejudice has been utterly and categorically earned, but still, I think I need to work on that.

Maybe concentrate on posting accurate spreadsheets or I feel another internet kicking coming your way, sonny Jim.

• Haha 10

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Maybe concentrate on posting accurate spreadsheets or I feel another internet kicking coming your way, sonny Jim.

You couldn't kick the arse of a bare bottomed midget on a clear day with a fair wind.

Whoever suggested you hold any ground on here was either a) taking the piss, or b) woefully mistaken. 

Img_2024_08_21_17_11_46.thumb.jpeg.0919c712eef90cbd7aa603307d7564d8.jpeg

"Maybe concentrate on posting accurate spreadsheets or I feel another internet kicking coming your way, sonny Jim." 

I get powerful Bugsy Malone vibes every time I see this photo btw. 

"We coulda been anything that we waaaaanted to be.... But don't it make your heart glaaaaaad.... That we decided, a fact we take pride in.... . We became the best at being bad!" 

bugsy-malone-dancing.gif

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Img_2024_08_21_17_11_46.thumb.jpeg.0919c712eef90cbd7aa603307d7564d8.jpeg

"Maybe concentrate on posting accurate spreadsheets or I feel another internet kicking coming your way, sonny Jim." 

I get powerful Bugsy Malone vibes every time I see this photo btw. 

"We coulda been anything that we waaaaanted to be.... But don't it make your heart glaaaaaad.... That we decided, a fact we take pride in.... . We became the best at being bad!" 

bugsy-malone-dancing.gif

You do remember I have your wedding photos :lol: 

• Haha 1