Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

From what I was reading we're supposedly going to present a deal for Torres to Barca, but Torres doesn't want to leave Spain. Flick started him at the weekend, so he's obviously seen enough for him to want to fight for a place, or at least substantial playing time. 

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

From what I was reading we're supposedly going to present a deal for Torres to Barca, but Torres doesn't want to leave Spain. Flick started him at the weekend, so he's obviously seen enough for him to want to fight for a place, or at least substantial playing time. 

He is class. Didn't he leave Man City as he was homesick though?

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

That sounds about right iirc. It did seem to be a short spell at Citeh, and he did quite well for them, so homesickness tracks. 

Mental that Poch managed to sort out a completely unmanageable Chelsea squad into a competitive starting XI after a full season of trying, only for their owner to undo all that good work in the space of one Summer, bin the manager off and sign 10 new players to fuck up the club all over again 

Trippier and Targett are turning out for the U21s tonight apparently. Wonder if this is just match fitness for both, or if Trippier is paying the price for flaunting his wares with Saudi clubs in the summer. 

42 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I very much doubt that it’s a punishment because it would cause a major disruption treating Trippier this way.

Hope is now reporting that Bruno is new club captain. Looks like Howe isn't too worried about the disruption. 

Edited by Gemmill

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Barca triggered a release clause and he went because he was out of favour following an injury - according Wikipedia anyways.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Hope is now reporting that Bruno is new club captain. Looks like Howe isn't too worried about the disruption. 

I don’t think this a punishment too either, more likely Howe spoke with Trippier about the demotion to tie Bruno to the club. Trippier doesn’t need the armband to be a leader as he has shown in the past

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Connor Gallagher gone to Athletico Madrid.

Joao Felix gone to Chelsea on 6 year deal.

WTF is going on @Diego21 !?

Chelsea, brother team. Thank you for taking Joao Felix.

How much is Branthwaite being touted for? He seems to be a highly regarded young defender so I'm surprised we havent considered going for him. 

On the day that it breaks that Bruno is new club captain, Trippier is turning out for the U21s, two days after he got zero minutes in a backs to the wall season opener. 

And you think this all just looks normal? 

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Paging @Diego21

It's hard to say. I think he's better than Almirón. That's for sure. But I also think the kid looks like he'll come to Newcastle and not adapt and become a Luque 2.0

Let's see. The thing is this. Ferran was one of the most interesting players to watch when he was under 20 and played for Valencia. Let's say he was very similar to what Anthony Gordon was for us last year but on the right wing.

The fact is that the kid, in order to renew, had to ask for some impossible things (to be the captain and to be the highest paid player among others). So he didn't renew and went to Manchester City for free. Express request from Pep Guardiola.

At Manchester, the truth is that he stopped shining... But he started to score goals. And goals. He had a lot of ease in scoring them. And I think Pep even put him as number 9 in some games when Gabriel Jesus was injured.

Then he went to Barcelona. At Barcelona he has never played as well as expected.

Today the press reported that Manchester City have told Barcelona that if they don't pay the remainder of their transfer fee, they will sue them in court.

I think that for a price of 30-35M he could be an interesting option.

PS: With the Spanish national team he was always a starter when Luis Enrique was there (Ferran was Luis Enrique's son-in-law). And since Luis Enrique left he has not even been called up again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He’s in there to get minutes in his legs if you ask me. If he was about to be sold he would hardly turning out for the U21s… 

Aye, after flying to Australia for that complete waste of time and going to the very end in the Euros he will have had very little pre-season. This will be to get him match fit and nothing else.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He’s in there to get minutes in his legs if you ask me. If he was about to be sold he would hardly turning out for the U21s… 

Ben Arfa was in the U21s the year he was on sale. 

13 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

With the Spanish national team he was always a starter when Luis Enrique was there (Ferran was Luis Enrique's son-in-law). And since Luis Enrique left he has not even been called up again.

Sounds like Kenny Dalglish playing his young'un when he was here. His birthday present would've been a two year contract. :lol: