Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

9 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Would have loved it before his camp made this statement, hope we stay clear 

Aye, we don't need a player who thinks it's OK to issue press releases when things aren't going his way. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

It's a Saudi team apparently. 

I hope hes off to saudi, its telling that none of the big boys have come in for him despite him seeming to think he has a right to be at one of them.

His attitude towards brentford has always rubbed me the wrong way, he seems like such a cunt. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

I hope hes off to saudi, its telling that none of the big boys have come in for him despite him seeming to think he has a right to be at one of them.

His attitude towards brentford has always rubbed me the wrong way, he seems like such a cunt. 

It's also telling that the most obvious destination for him was North London and Spurs have signed Solanke instead, and Arsenal would rather persevere with Havertz despite it not working. Toney is a prick who's goal return is padded with pens anyway. Poundland Olly Watkins with a shit cunt attitude.

• Haha 3

You can imagine some of the England boys delivering their verdicts to managers as well on Toney. Watching him in that Steven Bartlett interview pretty much outlines his attitude. Everyone elses fault but his on his ban.

I wonder if we've enquired on Chiesa or Sterling. I wonder if Chelsea would let him leave on loan to reduce their wage bill? Absolutely insane the number of senior players who can't feature on a match day. 

Edited by Chaser

Sterling or Madueke on loan would be a good enough short term solution. Wages might be an issue. I don’t like Sterling’s statement either but he might have a point to prove and I could see him doing brilliantly in our set up 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sterling or Madueke on loan would be a good enough short term solution. Wages might be an issue. I don’t like Sterling’s statement either but he might have a point to prove and I could see him doing brilliantly in our set up 

Sterling would be on massive wages on top of feeling untouchable. Signing this kind of rejects who probably feel they are moving down from an elite club hasn’t worked for us in the past and we should be well beyond this approach.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Sterling would be on massive wages on top of feeling untouchable. Signing this kind of rejects who probably feel they are moving down from an elite club hasn’t worked for us in the past and we should be well beyond this approach.

Beardsley did okay 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Beardsley did okay 

He wouldn't be all that keen on us signing Sterling though.

• Haha 10

Wait, are people genuinely talking about signing Raheem Sterling? 

Jesus, you've lost your collective minds.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He wouldn't be all that keen on us signing Sterling though.

Still, if anyone should appreciate a good dribbler...

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Wait, are people genuinely talking about signing Raheem Sterling? 

Jesus, you've lost your collective minds.

Is he, in your highly esteemed opinion David,  a better player than Murphy or Almiron?…

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Is he, in your highly esteemed opinion David,  a better player than Murphy or Almiron?…

I would say it's more to do with his attitude and wages.  How that would have an impact on he group

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He is. But he's also more egotistical, on higher wages, doesn't fit the age profile of players we should be signing, et-fucking-cetera.

It's a big old "No!" from ya boy.

• Like 4

He's in an awkward spot cos of his wages and his ludicrous press release. But for his wages, he'd be a great signing for one of the newly promoted teams who would see his attitude as a risk worth taking for survival. 

As it stands, and with his England career seemingly over, I wouldn't be surprised to see him head to Saudi. 

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Get him in on loan with Chelsea paying most of his wages and hope that he has a point to prove.

FYP. Might as well fuck them if we can. 

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Get him in on loan with Chelsea paying half his wages and hope that he has a point to prove.

I wouldn't mind that so much. But I guess my point is that he's not a long term answer.

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I wouldn't mind that so much. But I guess my point is that he's not a long term answer.

Short term with no financial risk it could probably work in the same way that West Ham got the best out of Lingaard before he got self-obsessed again.

• Like 2