Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Yep, better to replace a player a year too early than a year too late.

but we have good enough CBs for this season, even despite the injuries. I don’t think we can get top 4 again relying on Miggy and Murphy at RW. I love both of them. Can’t question their attitude or work rate but they’re not elite wingers. Miggy’s purple patch helped us to champions league last time but it was a purple patch and he reverted to type last season. I’m much more confident about our options at centre back. 

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Tomori is one im genuinely surprised we havent been linked with all that much. 

Were we linked with Tonali? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

but we have good enough CBs for this season, even despite the injuries. I don’t think we can get top 4 again relying on Miggy and Murphy at RW. I love both of them. Can’t question their attitude or work rate but they’re not elite wingers. Miggy’s purple patch helped us to champions league last time but it was a purple patch and he reverted to type last season. I’m much more confident about our options at centre back. 

We create a bucketload of chances irrespective of their attacking weaknesses, at the back we’re not so resolute, Pope gets hurt again and we’re screwed. Improve what’s in front of him and you are also mitigating that.

CB always was my opinion/#1 need, then developmental striker (we’ve done that) then RW and maybe a #6 although Hall may end up being the latter if extra protection needed.

It’s as much “out of possession” contribution as the attacking stuff and Miggy in particular brings a shitload of that. Howe in his PC actually  referred to/mentioned that.

Yeah I’d love an elite winger but it ain’t critical to where we are just now IMO, it’s an icing on the cake sort of thing.

Who are the elite in their early 20’s workaholic wingers? I have no idea tbh but Guehi is elite and likely will get better in a position of pretty imminent need.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

We create a bucketload of chances irrespective of their attacking weaknesses, at the back we’re not so resolute, Pope gets hurt again and we’re screwed. Improve what’s in front of him and you are also mitigating that.

CB always was my opinion/#1 need, then developmental striker (we’ve done that) then RW and maybe a #6 although Hall may end up being the latter if extra protection needed.

It’s as much “out of possession” contribution as the attacking stuff and Miggy in particular brings a shitload of that. Howe in his PC actually  referred to/mentioned that.

Yeah I’d love an elite winger but it ain’t critical to where we are just now IMO, it’s an icing on the cake sort of thing.

Who are the elite in their early 20’s workaholic wingers? I have no idea tbh but Guehi is elite and likely will get better in a position of pretty imminent need.

Mbuemo, Raphina? I dunno. Reckon you could get a player of that quality for the same money we’re potentially going to have to put up if we’re determined to get Guehi.

In an ideal world we would get Guehi and the sort of RW we need, but it’s hard to see it happening if we end up paying £70m on him. But then, I don’t really have a clue about PSR ceilings. It does feel like Palace are taking the piss with this fee though and I think we should walk away as there is better value to be found elsewhere.

I don’t understand why we didn’t go for the German lad we were linked with, or Tomori - he looks a better defender then Guehi to me, better on the ball too and also a good age profile, I can’t work out why Southgate didn’t fancy him in the euros at all, and he is probably available for half of what we’re potentially going to have to pay on Guehi. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

I read something on Tomori by some random who watches a lot of Eyetie football and he reckoned Tomori flatters to deceive and isn’t particularly consistent. Seems Southgate agreed.

It's. 

Fucking. 

MBEUMO. 

M-B-E-U-M-O

You. 

Thick. 

Cunts. 

Also for the last fucking time. He's 5 foot 7. Eddie Howe is not going to sign him. Get his name out of your fucking mouths. 

will-smith.gif

• Haha 4

Speaks volumes that Trippier and Almiron don't get any minutes today. I suspect those 2 and Dubravka are the 3 players (other than Hayden/Fraser) that we try to move on next week 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We don't need centre halfs man, we're absolutely stacked in that area. 

Stacked with bodies, not top quality talent.

36 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Could do with guehi like for a game or 3 now.

Kelly will get a chance ahead of schedule.

29 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We don't need centre halfs man, we're absolutely stacked in that area. 

No, no we’re not, we have two good ones (and a half if you include the broken clog wearer) we need another especially seeing one of our good ones fucked up today and is gone for 3 games.

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Speaks volumes that Trippier and Almiron don't get any minutes today. I suspect those 2 and Dubravka are the 3 players (other than Hayden/Fraser) that we try to move on next week 

I think it has to be with Trippier. Hall was on the yellow for so long and Trippier on at LB or switching Tino made so much sense.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

How would you say you lads do with sarcasm? 

After a bottle of 19 crimes and a dark rum, nope, no siree, not well

• Haha 5

Who's been the most strongly linked to Toney? I suppose Chelsea is the most obvious answer given they're linked to every bipedal male on the planet. If you forget about his suspect attitude, it would be a decent time to buy him in the last year of his contract. Don't think he'd really fit for us when we have other concerns, and obviously he'd be unlikely to want to play second fiddle to Isak. 

He’d be mad to go to Saudi. He’s entering his peak as a striker and with one year left on his contract could get massive money if he left on a free.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He’d be mad to go to Saudi. He’s entering his peak as a striker and with one year left on his contract could get massive money if he left on a free.

He better not do illegal betting there too.

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He has £500,000 per week tax free to Al Ahli reasons.