Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

I wonder if we are holding Fraser back until we play Southampton.  I’d imagine he’d be a decent signing for them.

Read somewhere he stalled the move as wanted us to pay up his contract so he could join them for free, the cunt, suspect he sits around and leeches for another year.

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

I wonder if we are holding Fraser back until we play Southampton.  I’d imagine he’d be a decent signing for them.

It's got to be wages on a few of those sort of players, especially Fraser who came on a 'free'. And because of PSR we can't just compensate them for reduced wages either.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Read somewhere he stalled the move as wanted us to pay up his contract so he could join them for free, the cunt, suspect he sits around and leeches for another year.

He certainly lived up to his reputation.

Transfer window warming up. Bournemouth ageeed a £40mil fee for Evanilson, who could potentially we a better player than Solanke, who they sold for £65mil.

Our 3rd bid for Guehi has now formally

been rejected apparently. Not sure why there was a delay but we still haven't walked away from the deal 

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I still think a deal will be done, but I wouldn't deal with them again.

I guess, playing devils advocate, they've said since day one they want £65mil. If we'd offered that on day one it probably would have been done .

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I guess, playing devils advocate, they've said since day one they want £65mil. If we'd offered that on day one it probably would have been done .

I suppose it's the business of transfers.  

I've seen a lot of people moaning how other clubs get transfers done quicker.  Who the fuck knows how long they've been haggling for as t'old Fabrizo hasn't been saying.  This is a high profile transfer so will be getting a lot more attention.

Georginio Rutter sounds like the nickname of someone who plays in the Thursday night 5-a-side league at Eldon Leisure. 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

I suspect we’re in the midst of a you want £65mill, ok we’ll give you £40 mill up front, £15 mill next year and £10mill year after OR you can have £55mill up front and additional £5Mill in a years time sort of game.

• Like 1

When you've taken a fortnight to get within £5m of their valuation, and that fortnight was the last two weeks before the season starts, I think there's a fairly strong argument for just going the extra 5 and getting the bloke in the squad for at least match week 2.

Unless we are in very low-key advanced discussions on a cheaper alternative, that is. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

When you've taken a fortnight to get within £5m of their valuation, and that fortnight was the last two weeks before the season starts, I think there's a fairly strong argument for just going the extra 5 and getting the bloke in the squad for at least match week 2.

Unless we are in very low-key advanced discussions on a cheaper alternative, that is. 

What's Mike Williamson up to?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

IMG_3365.jpeg

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, RobElliott said:

He is still trying to score a goal from a corner

He’d have had more chance if he took them. 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

We've offered 60. An extra 5 is neither here nor there.

And for the 10th time, he's only just turned 24 last month, and if he's still our first choice centre half when he's 32, then £65m will have been an absolute steal. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We've offered 60. An extra 5 is neither here nor there.

And for the 10th time, he's only just turned 24 last month, and if he's still our first choice centre half when he's 32, then £65m will have been an absolute steal. 

Or if we end up selling him on at a profit the way Leeds sold Ferdinand.

• Like 3