Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

If you're talking about Nufc twitter then there's little rationality to be expected there right? 

But I think there's also many who're just looking forward to the next natural upgrade in the squad, and have nothing personal against Miggy. I wouldn't take the comments in match threads too seriously either in the heat of things etc etc and tbf he is one of those players who can be VERY frustrating to watch. We've been over this at various points last season. There's the other side of it too, some like to defend him just because he puts his head down and has a maniacal running style. Meh.

Imagine someone of the quality of Barnes or Gordon on the right wing. Yeah you can't say that alone is what will make or break the season but it will definitely play a big part so naturally people are concerned. Again just ignore the Twitter numpties though eh?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

If you're talking about Nufc twitter then there's little rationality to be expected there right? 

But I think there's also many who're just looking forward to the next natural upgrade in the squad, and have nothing personal against Miggy. I wouldn't take the comments in match threads too seriously either in the heat of things etc etc and tbf he is one of those players who can be VERY frustrating to watch. We've been over this at various points last season. There's the other side of it too, some like to defend him just because he puts his head down and has a maniacal running style. Meh.

Imagine someone of the quality of Barnes or Gordon on the right wing. Yeah you can't say that alone is what will make or break the season but it will definitely play a big part so naturally people are concerned. Again just ignore the Twitter numpties though eh?

even if he's sold before I get my next springer spaniel I'd still be very tempted to call it miggy.

love the way he runs about like a lunatic in circles with no real purpose whilst at the same time managing to look so very, very happy.

top lad, loved his purple patch with us, admire him for not wanting to be fucked off to saudi and genuinely wish him all the best in whatever the future holds for him, including if it's immediately here.  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

even if he's sold before I get my next springer spaniel I'd still be very tempted to call it miggy.

Very kind of you to care for a 3 legged dog ;) 

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Does our season stand or fall on getting him out the club then? 

If we cannot buy another player without selling Miggy then it's a bit pump.  But I don't share he same view as aimaad with the So in that context yes it's absolutely very important we get rid of him.  We need a squad and he does a job.  Getting shut of him without an upgrade isn't wise at all.  He's frustrating as fuck at times, but that doesn't me we ship out when someone sniffs him.  It needs to be sensible and for a fair price.

45 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Very kind of you to care for a 3 legged dog ;) 

Two legged if it’s called miggy. Dogs have two right feet.

Lads, deactivate your twitter accounts. If it's not the far right arranging riots, it's reactionary dickheads posting on the NUFC hashtag. 

You're being radicalised. You're one election cycle away from voting Reform. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I'm waiting for someone to mention their "legitimate concerns" about the club's performance in this transfer window.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Lads, deactivate your twitter accounts. If it's not the far right arranging riots, it's reactionary dickheads posting on the NUFC hashtag. 

I deleted it months ago as I was sick of seeing people divided over everything. It's an absolute cess-pit of opinion and the turds float right to the top. 

Just now, Chaser said:

I deleted it months ago as I was sick of seeing people divided over everything. It's an absolute cess-pit of opinion and the turds float right to the top. 

Did mine a couple of days ago. I never bothered with NUFC twitter anyway, but Musk has completely broken it now. The funny thing is that he appears to be being sent loopy by his own algorithm. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It’s not just Twitter though. The same types who drummed Sir Bobby out of the club with their poisonous fuckin bullshit are still there at SJP. One sits next to me and one sits in front of me. Fuck knows what pleasure they get from the game because all they do is bleat and moan on like geriatric sheep with a nasty case of fuckin ringworm. Nothing is ever good enough and near perfection is critiqued as if it’s something we are all entitled to. As I said the other day, if we don’t beat Southampton convincingly it’s going to set a fuckin miserable tone for the season.. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

You need to get up in their grill and tell them what's what. Turn that jock accent up to 11 and grab them by the throat so your frilly cuffs are tickling their earlobes and tell them fucking what's what. Do it this weekend before the rot sets in. 

• Haha 6

56 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You need to get up in their grill and tell them what's what. Turn that jock accent up to 11 and grab them by the throat so your frilly cuffs are tickling their earlobes and tell them fucking what's what. Do it this weekend before the rot sets in. 

No I’ll leave that to the utter fuckin psycho who sits next door but one. I’ve seen him attack fellow NUFC fans twice since 2010/11. One time was when some young shaver was telling him where Rafa was going wrong after Huddersfield beat us at home at the start of our last championship season… he seems to like us though :) 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 7

It seems like people still think teams can buy and sell as they did pre-PSR. Also, they haven't remembered we've a stack of new (actually professional) people running the show. We're not going to spend willy nilly, we're not going to spunk a ton of money on a risky player purchase. The business done in this window thus far is measured and deliberate. 

Some of it I can't claim to understand, but I've confidence that it's not some kind of scattergun approach. Like, Ruddy, I'm sure he's unlikely to ever start in a competitive game, but he'll have been brought in on modest wages to provide an experience voice in the dressing room for the first and youth teams. I'd expect him to be moving into some kind of coaching role. 

Kelly is a top-half-of-the-PL standard utility defender, that we've signed for no fee.

Pivas is a young lad with potential, probably on for the U21s, but it's in a position where we haven't much depth.

Osula is a young lad with potential, who'll happily play second fiddle to Isak and probably Wilson. Again in a position where we haven't much depth to call on, even from the youth teams.

Vlachodimos is an odd one. It's a lot of money for a 2nd choice 'keeper (at best). One who hasn't played a lot for his old club. It could be some kind of PSR fiddle. It could be some kind of thank you for signing Wood and Shelvey off us? I dunno.

We've tried to sign some good centrebacks (Adarabioyo choosing to ply his trade in Chelsea's car park, and Guehi). I don't think we're done for the window in that position either. 

I also think we'll be trying to address the right hand side. Almiron is a decent squad player, but because of PSR we can't afford to buy an upgrade without getting shot of some of the Ashley era players. 

If early in the window we could have got some money for Fraser, Hayden, Almiron etc. I'm sure we'd have had a new RW already.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It seems like people still think teams can buy and sell as they did pre-PSR. Also, they haven't remembered we've a stack of new (actually professional) people running the show. We're not going to spend willy nilly, we're not going to spunk a ton of money on a risky player purchase. The business done in this window thus far is measured and deliberate. 

Some of it I can't claim to understand, but I've confidence that it's not some kind of scattergun approach. Like, Ruddy, I'm sure he's unlikely to ever start in a competitive game, but he'll have been brought in on modest wages to provide an experience voice in the dressing room for the first and youth teams. I'd expect him to be moving into some kind of coaching role. 

Kelly is a top-half-of-the-PL standard utility defender, that we've signed for no fee.

Pivas is a young lad with potential, probably on for the U21s, but it's in a position where we haven't much depth.

Osula is a young lad with potential, who'll happily play second fiddle to Isak and probably Wilson. Again in a position where we haven't much depth to call on, even from the youth teams.

Vlachodimos is an odd one. It's a lot of money for a 2nd choice 'keeper (at best). One who hasn't played a lot for his old club. It could be some kind of PSR fiddle. It could be some kind of thank you for signing Wood and Shelvey off us? I dunno.

We've tried to sign some good centrebacks (Adarabioyo choosing to ply his trade in Chelsea's car park, and Guehi). I don't think we're done for the window in that position either. 

I also think we'll be trying to address the right hand side. Almiron is a decent squad player, but because of PSR we can't afford to buy an upgrade without getting shot of some of the Ashley era players. 

If early in the window we could have got some money for Fraser, Hayden, Almiron etc. I'm sure we'd have had a new RW already.

Top post Fish. Nailed it IMO.
Whilst its great to get signings and exciting ones, building is going to be slow and lets trust the process.