Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

7 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I agree.

But it is also true that we have signed bench players and future players with Kelly and Osula.

What positions should we sign to improve the starting XI? Clearly the right winger and the left back.

Maybe a defender if we take into account that Botman is injured and Schar needs to rest from time to time.

The reality is that it seems that we are trying to sign a starting center back (Guehi) and that Hall could be that starting left back to replace Burn.

What we really need is for all the players to be healthy. But I see a very solid starting XI.

Everyone was in agreement that RCB, RW and CF positions needed strengthening before the Summer. Osula fits the bill for the backup CF, but Schar Isn't getting any younger and we could do with a longer term replacement for him.

As for the RW, it's the only position we haven't strengthened since the takeover. Almiron simply isn't good enough, despite working hard and seeming like a good lad. Our attacks consistently break down when the balls gets to him. It's no coincidence that we've been in talks with MLS and Saudi clubs, and I suspect Howe sees the RW as one of the key areas for strengthening. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Realistically I only think we can upgrade RW this season. A RCB would be handy but as long as Schar stays fit then that’s not an issue.

Despite looking like he'll need a stretcher at some point in most games he's been very robust for us.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Apparently we had agreed a fee with the club. But because Almiron's requested wages were so high they wanted to drop the fee to £7mil and we pulled the plug 

That sounds suspiciously like bait to wind up the anti-Miggy morons tbh

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

It’s come from Chris Waugh of the US based Athletic.. sounds suspiciously like the Charlotte chicken chokers have fed him that to make him look like a greedy bastard…

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Posted by Waugh and retweeted by Caulkin (who aren't prone to making this stuff up)

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Posted by Waugh and retweeted by Caulkin (who aren't prone to making this stuff up)

Who’s fed them it?… stenographers, especially Caulkin 

Edited by PaddockLad

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'd tell him to make all of his demands and then divide the lot by fucking two, cos he's only got one working leg. 

Which has provided about 5 assists in 7 seasons 

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Craig Hope is usually the TF journo friend. I wonder if he's been bumped for posh boy Henry. 

He's clearly a Tory Party member and Hope is a Lib Dem

If I was South American, where the lasses are mint and the drink/drugs/food/general lifestyle are class for a wealthy young man, would I fuck accept a move to Saudi just to make it easier for us to sign my replacement. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Does our season stand or fall on getting him out the club then? 

Depends on what you think fall means here. Finishing 5th or 6th? Not a disaster by any means of course but at this stage you'd think we now need to target CL places and trophy challenges to keep the likes of Isak, Bruno, Gordon. RW is the position most in need of upgrading. So in that context yes it's absolutely very important we get rid of him

52 minutes ago, strawb said:

If I was South American, where the lasses are mint and the drink/drugs/food/general lifestyle are class for a wealthy young man, would I fuck accept a move to Saudi just to make it easier for us to sign my replacement. 

Aye but after a couple of years he’d have earned enough money to buy Paraguay.

44 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Depends on what you think fall means here. Finishing 5th or 6th? Not a disaster by any means of course but at this stage you'd think we now need to target CL places and trophy challenges to keep the likes of Isak, Bruno, Gordon. RW is the position most in need of upgrading. So in that context yes it's absolutely very important we get rid of him

Hmmm…. there’s a lot in what you say but if we finish top 4 we’ll have had a very good season. There are a million different variables though supplied by maybe 7 other clubs all looking at the same thing. We could sell him and get a far better player in and sign Guehi and still finish 5th. At that point you’re suggesting our three best players will be (rightly) assessing their options. 

For me keeping our best players fit for 85/90% of the season is far more important than upgrading Miggy. Although  am not objecting in any way to his departure and a better player coming in to replace him. It’s the deplorable fuckin bitterness some are displaying as if he is the key to next season. I really don’t think he is. Especially as he didn’t finish as a starter last season and he won’t start in front of Murphy this season. It’s frankly irrational and unneeded negativity before the season starts 

• Like 5