Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

7 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’d love to hear Miggy do a scouse accent.

Can he even speak English? He’s been here for the better part of a decade and I swear I’ve only heard him do interviews in Spanish :lol:

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

BigSam'dYP

Fat Sam would listen to a fray bentos though, otherwise it assumes he puts earplugs in every time he lights a fart.

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I mean....yeah....the defence was awful.... awful ....

But I'm not listening to the boy Benno.

JohnnyAndo'dYP

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Fat Sam would listen to a fray bentos though, otherwise it assumes he puts earplugs in every time he lights a fart.

He'd eat it as soon as look at it/listen to it.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm not listening to Marco Bento. 

Is that what Darren Bent calls his brother during five a side after attempting a step over and falling over?

17 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Easy for you to say.

All of the Gordon chat has been in the Liverpool rags, yet barely anything in the Newcastle ones should tell you all you need to know on this.

If he does go I think it will be next season, he has his head screwed on as the jury will be out on Slot. Post fergie era at Man Utd?

Parish the Palace chairman has been quoted as saying that anyone who wants Guehi will have to pay superstar money. Whether this means he's not happy with our latest offer I have no idea. Parish looks a right prick. It wouldn't surprise me if he's Levy level difficult to deal with. Oh he also said nobody has bid what they want yet, but who knows how recent these quotes are. I think I'm right in saying they originally came from the Evening Standard. 

He seems a bit less combative than the text of what he was saying makes it seem. The comment about them being nowhere near having to make a decision is concerning, but given how careful he was to not say that Guehi wasn't interested, and the comment about an outcome where everyone is happy, again I don't think his comments are too much to worry about. 

Looks to me the player wants the move and the chairman is trying to suck as much out of us as he can before he reluctantly sells the player who wants away. Can't blame him but can't be surprised if we play hardball as well. 

• Like 1

All just seems a bit amateurish from the outside. Surely they had a certain number of targets (1st and 2nd choices) for various positions at the end of last season and here we are scrambling about for one player and no hint of a right winger, with the season days away.

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

All just seems a bit amateurish from the outside. Surely they had a certain number of targets (1st and 2nd choices) for various positions at the end of last season and here we are scrambling about for one player and no hint of a right winger, with the season days away.

They will have ever changing ranked lists of players for every position on the field. They’ll move for the ones they consider “blue chip” if they think a deal can be done.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

They will have ever changing ranked lists of players for every position on the field. They’ll move for the ones they consider “blue chip” if they think a deal can be done.

That sounds like some corporate mission statement.

I refuse to believe there is not an abundance of Rw’ers on this blue dot who would offer improvement on Miggy. Something just seems  a bit off on our recruitment right now.