Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

outcast-academy-oa.gif

Honestly @LongTimeAdmirer you need to stop deleting your posts. I'm gonna have to start quote posting you EVERY TIME because you simply cannot be trusted to uphold the Toontastic Code of Conduct. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

outcast-academy-oa.gif

Ok, now that you've got me all hot and bothered, what's your point?

5 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Well Guehi will hopefully replace Lascelles in time. He can play both sides of defence and is right footed, so it will be him and Botman as first choice, and obviously it seems to be the plan to replace Almiron if we can move some assets out. The rest it's the old story of high wages and little interest, so they'll be difficult to shift. 

I'd be delighted if we could offload this lot for anything like their 'Market Value' on Transfermarkt.co.uk;

Almiron - €20m

Ashby - €1.2m

Dubravka - €1m

Fraser - €3m

Hayden - €1.8m

Lascelles - €7m

Lewis - €3.5m

Targett - €10m

Total €47.5m

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd be delighted if we could offload this lot for anything like their 'Market Value' on Transfermarkt.co.uk;

Almiron - €20m

Ashby - €1.2m

Dubravka - €1m

Fraser - €3m

Hayden - €1.8m

Lascelles - €7m

Lewis - €3.5m

Targett - €10m

Total €47.5m

Yeah Mitchell should get a nobel prize if he manages that. 

• Like 1

I still think we could get £10-15m+ for Almiron, double that from a Saudi club.

Lascelles should still command a good fee (£5-7.5m)

But the rest will be nominal and mostly beneficial in terms of relieving some of the wage bill. 

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Pivas is an unknown, but I'm convinced he's the next Lee/Batty/Beardsley

Osula would be getting people in a tizz if he was signed from Osasuna rather than Sheffield

Kelly is a decent PL utility defender, who would elicit more excitement if he came with a fee.

Ruddy  must surely be some coaching/PSR/Homegrown fiddle

Vlachodimos was a thank you for them buying Wood and Shelvey and a PSR fiddle

Hall is fucking mint

Alternatively we've signed:

- a kid no one has heard of

- a striker no one has heard of with no goals last season

- a geriatric keeper

- a keeper who can't get a game ahead of Mats Sels 

- a player we already had

- a CB on a free who's perma crocked 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Alternatively we've signed:

- a kid no one has heard of

- a striker no one has heard of with no goals last season

- a geriatric keeper

- a keeper who can't get a game ahead of Mats Sels 

- a player we already had

- a CB on a free who's perma crocked 

:lol:

If you want to view the window  (before it's closed) so negatively, then by all means knock yourself out. I'll just be up here on my high horse, looking down on you with 2 parts amusement and 1 part disdain.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Almiron - €20m

Ashby - €1.2m

Dubravka - €1m

Fraser - €3m

Hayden - €1.8m

Lascelles - €7m

Lewis - €3.5m

Targett - €10m

Total €47.5m

Off on loan. apparently

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Maybe we've signed a deal with Disney and Eddie is building a squad of loveable losers for next year's feelgood hit of the summer. 

Eddie Noose

It's like Ted Lasso except it's Eddie for Eddie Howe and Noose because the Saudis like executing people, marra

• Haha 10

13 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Eddie Noose

It's like Ted Lasso except it's Eddie for Eddie Howe and Noose because the Saudis like executing people, marra

Season 2: And of course, the genocide 

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Season 2: And of course, the genocide 

♪ On the river where they used to drown the gaaaaays ♫

West Ham close to hijacking Juventus bid for Tobido apparently. They've spent a fortune on Kilman, Fullkrug, Summerville, Guilherme already, with all 5 potentially slotting straight into the starting XI

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

West Ham close to hijacking Juventus bid for Tobido apparently. They've spent a fortune on Kilman, Fullkrug, Summerville, Guilherme already, with all 5 potentially slotting straight into the starting XI

Not one gets in our starting 11 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The Fish said:

Almiron - €20m

Ashby - €1.2m

Dubravka - €1m

Fraser - €3m

Hayden - €1.8m

Lascelles - €7m

Lewis - €3.5m

Targett - €10m

Total €47.5m

I'm not convinced that we need shot of Targett. He had a bad season of injuries but I recall him being solid for us, either that or I was just on a high with no Bruce? Almiron is another one that I wouldn't mind having on the bench. Not keen on either being in the starting 11.

7 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I'm not convinced that we need shot of Targett. He had a bad season of injuries but I recall him being solid for us, either that or I was just on a high with no Bruce? Almiron is another one that I wouldn't mind having on the bench. Not keen on either being in the starting 11.

Wasn't that two seasons ago? I think Burn (then Hall towards of the second season) the end took over the left back spot over.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

A mate of mine says Ratcliffe is authorising a loan for him to join West Ham so West Ham can have the funds to buy Wan Bissaka. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Wasn't that two seasons ago? I think Burn (then Hall towards of the second season) the end took over the left back spot over.

I hadn't realised that it had been with us that long. Just seen that he has only had  36 appearances over the three years (16: 21-22 17: 22-23 and 3: 23-24) which is not great. 

11 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I hadn't realised that it had been with us that long. Just seen that he has only had  36 appearances over the three years (16: 21-22 17: 22-23 and 3: 23-24) which is not great. 

Targett was injured most of the run to the cup final and 4th spot and then injured again last year otherwise I don't think we'd have gotten nearly as much Burn at LB.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Targett was injured most of the run to the cup final and 4th spot and then injured again last year otherwise I don't think we'd have gotten nearly as much Burn at LB.

Arsenal and Man City are often playing 4 centre backs in a back 4. Us usually playing 3 isn’t an accident iyam. As it currently stands I think Lloyd Kelly starts v Southampton with Fab and Burn with a right back, probably Tripper :cuppa:

• Like 2

Summerville hmmmmm maybe, but I think Miggy's workrate out does his and yeh Miggy's attack breakdown is annoying but Summerville hardly set the world on fire at Leeds in the Prem.

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season