Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I've always been interested in the process behind transfers.

So it sounds like we've put a first bid in and (I assume) it's been rejected. Surely that then requires a 20min chat at board level to agree whether we are putting in a higher bid, and if so, how much higher? Once a bid is accepted you then have a similarly swift conversation to thrash out personal terms.

It feels like it takes a week to make a decision on the next step, which then just surely opens the door to being gazumped?

(obviously this now all just supposition)

Aye, just why aren’t multi-million pound deals completed in a matter of minutes?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

So it sounds like we've put a first bid in and (I assume) it's been rejected. Surely that then requires a 20min chat at board level to agree whether we are putting in a higher bid, and if so, how much higher? Once a bid is accepted you then have a similarly swift conversation to thrash out personal terms.

It feels like it takes a week to make a decision on the next step, which then just surely opens the door to being gazumped?

discussion, draft offers/proposals back and forth, lawyers, agree fee and deal structure, lawyers again to draw up agreement, eventually finalised, same process with player contract. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I think there's more to it than that. And it's not like the decision makers don't have other things on their plates. There'll be gamesmanship as well, the player advisers to take a bit of time to deliver their response just in case another party comes in with a better offer. And I'm sure we'll be looking at other targets and seeing if there's movement on them that might make this bid redundant.

• Like 1

:lol:

The Chronicle are a fucking disgrace. The done deal is that Osula kid. This is the equivalent of their incredibly misleading sandwich boards that they'd put around town:

TOON STAR LOOKING FOR MOVE

And it would be fucking Jamie McClen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

IMG_0449.jpeg

about fucking time.

pivas we swapped for a goat.

vlachodimos was a tax fiddle.

ruddy is a pr exercise for help the aged

kelly was for nowt

hall was already here.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Basically means he’s as good as signed 

There’s nothing to suggest that any other club has made a legitimate financial offer to Crystal Palace…maybe it’ll get done after the weekend.. 

38 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Trust in Eddie and all that, but that's a comedy set of transfers so far :lol: 

Pivas is an unknown, but I'm convinced he's the next Lee/Batty/Beardsley

Osula would be getting people in a tizz if he was signed from Osasuna rather than Sheffield

Kelly is a decent PL utility defender, who would elicit more excitement if he came with a fee.

Ruddy  must surely be some coaching/PSR/Homegrown fiddle

Vlachodimos was a thank you for them buying Wood and Shelvey and a PSR fiddle

Hall is fucking mint

• Like 1

Quality over quantity, for the first 11 at least 😂, so Guehi, hopefully, and whoever we get for RW are all we really need to worry about for this window. 

7 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Quality over quantity, for the first 11 at least 😂, so Guehi, hopefully, and whoever we get for RW are all we really need to worry about for this window. 

Bit of both, surely?

We were crying out for depth last season. Hopefully all the players we're signing for the U21s and players like Kelly, Osula and Pivas should be providing depth.

Buuuut we need to buy upgrades for Almiron and Lascelles. Either pushing them down the pecking order, or out of the conversation entirely. We also need to offload Dubravka, Targett, Lewis.

image.thumb.png.b6f69e0fc4fd6c7186903606c50906ec.png 

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Bit of both, surely?

We were crying out for depth last season. Hopefully all the players we're signing for the U21s and players like Kelly, Osula and Pivas should be providing depth.

Buuuut we need to buy upgrades for Almiron and Lascelles. Either pushing them down the pecking order, or out of the conversation entirely. We also need to offload Dubravka, Targett, Lewis.

image.thumb.png.b6f69e0fc4fd6c7186903606c50906ec.png 

Well Guehi will hopefully replace Lascelles in time. He can play both sides of defence and is right footed, so it will be him and Botman as first choice, and obviously it seems to be the plan to replace Almiron if we can move some assets out. The rest it's the old story of high wages and little interest, so they'll be difficult to shift. 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season