Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

A load of twatter cunts saying we should have gone for Summerville.  Every Leeds fan I know has said that Leeds have had their pants down with that price.

Best we left him that way I reckon :cuppa:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, wackyjunior said:

Did we sign him for 3.5 years? :o

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12794111/anthony-gordon-signs-for-newcastle-for-gbp45m-from-everton-after-handing-in-transfer-request

Said he signed a long term contract in January 2023. Three and half years seems too short and given the way the management structure were talking him up when signing, seems strange not to tie him down, even stranger considering a £45m fee... 

Reckon it's bollocks.

Transfermarkt have his contract finishing on June 30, 2026 as well. So yeah it's an odd one. Maybe it's a typo or mistake on Transfermarkt's behalf and the media have used them as a source and have just took it for granted that they're correct, given they're a somewhat reliable source. 

Edited by Polarboy

8 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Transfermarkt have his contract finishing on June 30, 2026 as well. So yeah it's an odd one. Maybe it's a typo or mistake on Transfermarkt's behalf and the media have used them as a source and have just took it for granted that they're correct, given they're a somewhat reliable source. 

Think this is likely. 

All articles at the time including our media release stipulate long term contract.

https://www.newcastleunited.com/en/news/newcastle-united-sign-anthony-gordon

Would be a horrendous oversight/error to offer a 21 year old a 3 and a half year contract having spent c£45m on him.

Not buying it.

13 hours ago, NobbySol said:

Think this is likely. 

All articles at the time including our media release stipulate long term contract.

https://www.newcastleunited.com/en/news/newcastle-united-sign-anthony-gordon

Would be a horrendous oversight/error to offer a 21 year old a 3 and a half year contract having spent c£45m on him.

Not buying it.

.com have the contract end date as ‘tbc’. I honestly think, due to the lack anything solid, people have just made up the 3.5 year thing to generate hits. Especially as it’s yet another window where FSR has meant there’s not a lot happening. You would think 4.5 years would be the minimum length of the contract 

3 hours ago, Alex said:

.com have the contract end date as ‘tbc’. I honestly think, due to the lack anything solid, people have just made up the 3.5 year thing to generate hits. Especially as it’s yet another window where FSR has meant there’s not a lot happening. You would think 4.5 years would be the minimum length of the contract 

Given the contract length governs the amortisation of the fee, based on the Amazon doc and the haggling, I'd be amazed if it was not 5 years tbh.

3.5 years v 5 years is £3.5mill a year difference on £40 mill fee.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Given the contract length governs the amortisation of the fee, based on the Amazon doc and the haggling, I'd be amazed if it was not 5 years tbh.

3.5 years v 5 years is £3.5mill a year difference on £40 mill fee.

Isak signed a 6 year contract that summer, so I reckon 5.5 years. Both will finish at the same time I'd imagine.

Man City with a load of money burning a hole in their pocket probably isn't a good thing. Bruno saying how much he loves it at the club has allayed some fears, but money talks at the end of the day. Hopefully they'll be looking for a direct replacement for Alvarez as opposed to putting the money into midfield. 

Man City have always got money burning a hole in their pocket. I think if they wanted Bruno, they'd have come and taken him off our hands in time for pre-season, not with a week and a half to go before the season starts. 

Particularly for such an integral position. 

• Like 2

Sounds like Spurs are paying Solanke's £65mil release clause. 27 next month and had 1 good season in the premier league. Another deal that makes £65mil for Guehi seem cheap 

I was reading their forum last night and you'd think they had Ashley in charge. A few noy happy with Solanke simply because they think if he doesn't work they'll be saddled with him and won't replace him.

An Italian journo with a sizeable social media following has confirmed that Gonzalez is meeting the Fiorentina bosses today to tell them he wants to leave. Us, Juve, and another club are named as being interested. Supposedly Fiorentina and Juve hate each other, so perhaps that will help us should we go for him. 

Just now, Polarboy said:

An Italian journo with a sizeable social media following has confirmed that Gonzalez is meeting the Fiorentina bosses today to tell them he wants to leave. Us, Juve, and another club are named as being interested. Supposedly Fiorentina and Juve hate each other, so perhaps that will help us should we go for him. 

I've seen mutterings about us and him saying we shouldn't be underestimated in getting him.

Just now, wykikitoon said:

I've seen mutterings about us and him saying we shouldn't be underestimated in getting him.

Just seen that the Athletic confirmed that we at least hold an interest in him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Supposedly Fiorentina and Juve hate each other, so perhaps that will help us should we go for him. 

Didn't stop Baggio going there or Vlahovic. (That's probably one of the reasons Fiorentina hate them!) 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season