Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

It's supposedly looking like we've signed another Ireland under 17 player called Kyle Fitzgerald off Galway United. 😂 The Ireland team better be class within the next five to ten years. Oh yeah, he's a winger. The lad off Blackburn, Finneran, and this lad seem to have the most hype about them. We'll have signed the entire under 17 squad at this rate. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Haha 2

I asked ChatGPT to write an article, and I think it did a better job than Lee. What do you guys reckon?

Marc Guéhi's Record-Breaking Transfer to Newcastle United: A New Dawn for the Magpies

In a stunning turn of events following a scintillating Euro 2024 campaign, Marc Guéhi, the defensive stalwart of the England national team, is set to join Newcastle United in a record-breaking transfer deal worth £65 million. This move marks a significant milestone in Newcastle’s ambitions to re-establish themselves as a powerhouse in English football.

The Rise of Marc Guéhi

Marc Guéhi's journey to the upper echelons of football has been nothing short of meteoric. Emerging from Chelsea's famed youth academy, Guéhi honed his skills and showcased his defensive prowess during a successful loan spell at Swansea City. His commanding presence, impeccable timing, and ability to read the game soon caught the eye of Crystal Palace, who secured his services in 2021.

At Palace, Guéhi's development accelerated under the tutelage of Patrick Vieira. He became the linchpin of their defense, displaying maturity beyond his years and earning accolades for his consistent performances. His leadership on the field, coupled with his technical ability, made him an indispensable asset for the Eagles and a rising star in the Premier League.

Euro 2024: The Breakthrough

Guéhi's performances at Euro 2024 were nothing short of sensational. Partnering with John Stones in the heart of England’s defense, he played a crucial role in the Three Lions’ march to the semi-finals. His composure under pressure, aerial dominance, and precise tackling were instrumental in England's impressive defensive record throughout the tournament.

The footballing world took notice as Guéhi neutralized some of the continent's most formidable attackers with ease. His ability to seamlessly transition from defense to attack and his calmness in possession added a new dimension to England's gameplay. By the tournament’s end, Guéhi was not just a rising star; he was a fully-fledged defensive maestro.

Newcastle United's Ambitious Move

Newcastle United's acquisition of Marc Guéhi for £65 million is a bold statement of intent. The Magpies, under the new ownership consortium, have shown a willingness to invest significantly in top-tier talent to propel the club back to its glory days. This transfer, a record fee for the club, underscores their ambition to compete at the highest levels of English and European football.

Manager Eddie Howe has been instrumental in reshaping Newcastle’s squad, and the addition of Guéhi is a masterstroke. Known for his tactical acumen and ability to nurture young talent, Howe is expected to build the team's defense around Guéhi's formidable skills. This transfer not only strengthens Newcastle’s backline but also signals their long-term vision and commitment to success.

The Road Ahead

For Marc Guéhi, this move represents a new chapter in his burgeoning career. Joining Newcastle United offers him the opportunity to be a part of a transformative project and to cement his status as one of the Premier League’s elite defenders. The Geordie faithful will undoubtedly welcome him with open arms, eager to witness his defensive exploits and leadership on the pitch.

As the 2024/2025 season approaches, all eyes will be on St. James' Park. Newcastle United's ambition, coupled with Guéhi’s undeniable talent, promises an exciting and competitive campaign. This transfer could very well be the catalyst that propels the Magpies into a new era of success, and Marc Guéhi is poised to be at the heart of it all.

AI getting the heart racing more than some of these professional writers.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

I asked ChatGPT to write an article, and I think it did a better job than Lee. What do you guys reckon?

A beautiful piece. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

IMG_3212.jpeg.8fe7ba81621051bbfe1e7e73d36f9be6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

It does seem odd that someone with the literacy age of an average 11 year old would be the chief football writer for a paper. 

IMG_3214.jpeg.ed9b44fe81f420fe45ada79e7ed4c8f6.jpeg

• Haha 5

According to Turkish media reports Mitchell has flown straight to Turkey from Japan to watch the Turkish Super Cup final in order to possibly put an offer in for Yılmaz, the young winger who did class for Turkey during the Euros. Pinch of salt and all that, but it would definitely make sense as a signing give the lad can play across the front line. It's looking like it's down to the Chelsea lad, Gonzales off Fiorentina, and this Turkish young fella for that RW spot. Having said all that nobody seen the Guehi offer coming, even if he has been a target in the past, so it will likely be someone we haven't even mentioned yet. Yilmaz would certainly be more likely than his compatriot Guler off Madrid. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

I wonder when we will see some outgoings?

Dubs?
Trippier - Looks like Saudi?

Wilson? - Doubt it now, think he will last one more season?

Targett

Miggy - Possible Saudi?

Ashby - Loan?

Kuol - Loan?

Hayden
Fraser
Lewis - Looks like he may get a few more weeks grace judging by Howe's comments.

I still haven't got a notion with this PSR stuff. Douglas is saying that the club are concerned about next summer in terms of PSR, but I was under the impression that we'd entered the start of another three year period, and that it would only be at the end of that three year period that we'd need to worry about what we'd spent the previous three. 

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I still haven't got a notion with this PSR stuff. Douglas is saying that the club are concerned about next summer in terms of PSR, but I was under the impression that we'd entered the start of another three year period, and that it would only be at the end of that three year period that we'd need to worry about what we'd spent the previous three. 

I always thought that it is a rolling 3 year period, so now will apply to the 3 years to end of June 2025.

• Like 3

Just now, DCR said:

I always thought that it is a rolling 3 year period, so now will apply to the 3 years to end of June 2025.

aye, my understanding too.

what we need is some advice from a decent accountant, don't think we've got one of those on here though.

• Haha 4

SO we need to raise our income via sponsorship and get better assets to sell otherwise we will always have issues?

Oh and progress better in comps and qualify for Europe more.

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

SO we need to raise our income via sponsorship and get better assets to sell otherwise we will always have issues?

or sack eales/silverstone and poach chelsea's finance team.  

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Yes, which is why each year that drops off helps immensely because they're the tail end of the Mike Ashley era of corporate sponsorships (i.e. shit and cheap) and also where our signings had to be more transformative for our squad. Europe of course will help, but even that has limited prizemoney for teams like us with a lesser European coefficient. It's mostly the baseline from TV and corporate sponsorship that is the financial bedrock, thereafter having effective youth training facilities and development apparently lets you become spendthrifts without impacting on your PSR.

It will be interesting watching our commercial revenue blossom under competent ownership.and management.

• Like 3

The thing about Gordon is that if doesn't want to sign a new contract we'll have to get rid for as much as possible this summer. If we allow him to not sign a new one, he doesn't leave, and he has a poor season, gets injured or whatever we could conceivably see his value plummet by 30, 40m. We could probably get 80 to 100m for him this summer when his stock is high. That money would transform our window, and we'd still have Barnes on the left with Joelinton as a very able deputy were he to get injured. I of course sincerely hope that Gordon's head hasn't been turned as much as it's been reported and he does sign that contract. 

• Like 2

Reports in Spain that we've enquired about Raphinha again. Supposedly we're still roughly ten million apart with Barca wanting 50m for him. Quite probably just paper talk, but it does seem likely that Raphinha will go given Barca need the money for Olmo and Williams. And Williams of course will be starting with Lamal starting on the other wing. 

A load of twatter cunts saying we should have gone for Summerville.  Every Leeds fan I know has said that Leeds have had their pants down with that price.

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season