Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

29 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I'd be well chuffed with Guehi but I just think the cost of him will be too much for us?

The reality is no one has a clue how much PSR wiggle room we have. The pinch point was last year. Our commercial income has tripled since the takeover so we could potentially drop a big wedge this summer and still be safe with PSR. We wouldn't be asking about him if we couldn't afford it 

• Like 2

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

The reality is no one has a clue how much PSR wiggle room we have. The pinch point was last year. Our commercial income has tripled since the takeover so we could potentially drop a big wedge this summer and still be safe with PSR. We wouldn't be asking about him if we couldn't afford it 

Na, I think we'll be cutting our cloth accordingly this season and if we're after Guehi we'll have a rough idea of the cost and we are saying we can pay it. Just hope it's not all we've got to play with as that RW could do with looking at even if Miggy isn't moved on to Saudi.

We can assume Trips is going and that's a big lump of wages off the bill.  But Miggy, who knows.  The other players too we could do with shifting also, who knows.  IMO I would still keep Longstaff for the squad considering what we went through last season.

I can’t see a world where we don’t get a right winger, like. I also still think that Trippier and Almiron will be sold, at minimum which should fetch around £30 million, you’d think. Even if the RW is a loan with obligation. Hopefully for Guler but that’s probably pie in the sky

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Shame we didn't have any sell on clause etc 

Benitez was saying that we had to give Merino a sweetheart deal in terms of him being able to move on as easily as possible in order to get him to join for the short time he did. If I recall correctly he had a 7m buyout clause, or he had at least shook hands on a very low fee. 

Watched SSN a bit earlier and they sneeringly reckon we're just opening it up for other (read bigger) clubs and anyway as we're still massively under PSR pressure we can't really afford it. 

Cunts. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NJS said:

Watched SSN a bit earlier and they sneeringly reckon we're just opening it up for other (read bigger) clubs and anyway as we're still massively under PSR pressure we can't really afford it. 

Cunts. 

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

So because we're under pressure we help out our rivals? 

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

It might just be the club putting a bit of pressure on Milan to drop their price on Thiaw. 

'oh you're going for a more expensive player so you can afford the £30m'

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Maybe we are only going to offer £25m for Guehi. That’s all we’ve got. Honest boss.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

😂 I was thinking more along the lines of showing Milan that we have other options. It happens all the time, and I'm pretty sure the club in question don't always bid for a player of lower value than they're willing to pay for the original player. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

We can assume Trips is going and that's a big lump of wages off the bill.  But Miggy, who knows.  The other players too we could do with shifting also, who knows.  IMO I would still keep Longstaff for the squad considering what we went through last season.

Though I would say once Miley is fit I'd be looking to get him into the rotation ahead of Longstaff. If we don’t have any injuries there will be a glut of options through the middle between Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Willock, Miley, Longstaff.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OTF said:

Though I would say once Miley is fit I'd be looking to get him into the rotation ahead of Longstaff. If we don’t have any injuries there will be a glut of options through the middle between Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Willock, Miley, Longstaff.

Be nice if we could keep them all fit though. 

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Be nice if we could keep them all fit though. 

Much friendlier schedule coming up this season I can’t realistically see us suffering anywhere near the same amount of injuries. Except Wilson who injured himself reading this comment.

• Haha 8

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season