Transfers, 2024-25 season

trophyshy

Guehi's price must have gone up a bit after a decent Euros. He was already priced at around 50, 60m. Would be an almost perfect fit for that right centre back slot, albeit we wouldn't have replaced the passing skill of Schar. The money on the deal seems like it would be beyond us, and that's not even mentioning the wages, but we shall see I suppose. Not like Ornstein to spread shite, and presumably the club would have been well aware how much such a deal would cost. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If I had to guess, I would assume that some other cunt (Chelsea, Liverpool) comes in and gazumps us on personal terms/trophy prospects, but clearly there's ambition and the money to back it up. 

Yeah it stinks of Palace and/or his agent instigating an auction by spoon feeding Ornstein. Cue a mass outpouring of hysteria when he joins a champions league team which is ok because we can blame Mitchell ☺️

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If I had to guess, I would assume that some other cunt (Chelsea, Liverpool) comes in and gazumps us on personal terms/trophy prospects, but clearly there's ambition and the money to back it up. 

Can't be chelsea they only sign centre mids and right wingers (sometimes both at once - I'm looking at you Enzo!).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Guehi's price must have gone up a bit after a decent Euros. He was already priced at around 50, 60m. Would be an almost perfect fit for that right centre back slot, albeit we wouldn't have replaced the passing skill of Schar. The money on the deal seems like it would be beyond us, and that's not even mentioning the wages, but we shall see I suppose. Not like Ornstein to spread shite, and presumably the club would have been well aware how much such a deal would cost. 

Aye he'll never replace the one in five champagne passes that come off but surely Guehi can balloon four shit passes out for a throw in? That makes him at least 80% Schar.

Cue the internet fannies getting all upset when we end up with the german kid, they were creaming over, from Milan instead.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

25 appearances last season, zero goals, one assist.

Shite.

He's also only 5'11" and that's apparently a big deal in CBs

10 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Aye he'll never replace the one in five champagne passes that come off but surely Guehi can balloon four shit passes out for a throw in? That makes him at least 80% Schar.

😂 Alright vinegar tits. It's more like two in five 😉, and he's one of the very few defenders in the PL capable of playing accurate cross field and over the top balls. Just being as comfortable as he is on the ball and being able to carry it or pass it out from the back  accurately is a great weapon to have. We're definitely going to miss him when he's done. 

• Like 4

Schar played on the left with Lascelles last season so if we did sign him I wouldn't be surprised if we went with that and Burn back at LB until Botman is back. 

Edited by NJS

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

Schar played on the left with Lascelles last season so if we did sign him I wouldn't be surprised if we went with that and Burn back at LB until Botman is back. 

I really really hope we start seeing Hall at left back. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Im not buying this.

"NUFC have  made contact with CPFC". 

I'm sure we've made contact with a lot of clubs..

Ornstein doesn’t tweet bollocks. If he’s saying it, something is happening 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Ornstein doesn’t tweet bollocks. If he’s saying it, something is happening 

Aye, im sure we've made contact with them but we haven't even submitted a bid.

Mitchell probably just left a message on Parrish's answer machine offering £6m

Staveley on her way out rang Freedman. "You should have come to us Dougie, it could have been great. Now we're coming for Guehi and instigated the bidding war that cost you Olise. Just wait, we're going to tap up Eze next and there's fuck all you can do about it. Ciao darling."

• Haha 3

Edwards is like some dodgy old bloke in a betting shop trying to tell the staff that the illegible scrawl he'd written on a slip is a winning bet. 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Decent goal. He definitely has potential this kid. 

His movement and touches are Shola'esque.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2024-25 season